Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TT SC400 race results..

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-05, 03:44 AM
leostunts
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisman
hi leo, nice to see you found the forum.. the TTsc400 is a friends car--RDM.--that i TT"d for him. we have not been able to get to the track again since rdm had broken the rear diff.. but i have replaced it with a supra lsd, and i have gotten the 8 extra injector setup on and working--still in rough tune.. rdm also twisted/sheared the end of the input shaft in the trans off i also replaced that, but i have not gotten into the trans to look around.. it takes ALOT of force to twist the end of the input shaft off,but when the diff broke, it locked the driveshaft instantly and i think i hear a noise i dont like coming from the trans..sounds like it may have damage to a planetary gear set from the instant shock..
. it drives fine, but i dont want to chance him really breaking the trans.. anyway, i asked him not to drive/race it untill i go thru the trans.. i should be able to do that by the end of this week.. i am very busy at my shop..
you asked about drag radials, and a stall speed, and how the car should have run.. well, if you look at the mph, 109, you can see that the car did move a long at a good pace.. but rdm wasnt trying to leave very hard.. it still had the orig 160,000 mile trans in it,, and i wanted to make sure we drove home.. but all that will change next time we get it to the track..i dont think it needs drag radials, but it did need to have the transbuilt to withstand the HP and shift quicker.. the car was left in drive the whole time with the OD off and the TRAC off..--auto pilot--
high 12s is a reasonable expectation if you turbo your sc400, and the car including the trans should hold up well..you will be able to get to about 350 hp without doing any fuel upgrades.. but after that, you will need to get more fuel to the engine someway--in my opinion..
anyway, high 12s is realistic, and id go for it..we need more guys who go turbo on the 1uz..
It took me soo long to find this site again, I joined soo many forums I forgot where I posted this.
Thanks for the reply, keep me posted with the video of the run or runs and engine bay.

Can stock computer handle up to this level?
who made your headers?
2 intercoolers or 1 that combines 2 together?
Old 05-09-05, 10:36 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

hi leo, nice to see you found the forum.. the TTsc400 is a friends car--RDM.--that i TT"d for him. we have not been able to get to the track again since rdm had broken the rear diff.. but i have replaced it with a supra lsd, and i have gotten the 8 extra injector setup on and working--still in rough tune.. rdm also twisted/sheared the end of the input shaft in the trans off i also replaced that, but i have not gotten into the trans to look around.. it takes ALOT of force to twist the end of the input shaft off,but when the diff broke, it locked the driveshaft instantly and i think i hear a noise i dont like coming from the trans..sounds like it may have damage to a planetary gear set from the instant shock..
. it drives fine, but i dont want to chance him really breaking the trans.. anyway, i asked him not to drive/race it untill i go thru the trans.. i should be able to do that by the end of this week.. i am very busy at my shop..
you asked about drag radials, and a stall speed, and how the car should have run.. well, if you look at the mph, 109, you can see that the car did move a long at a good pace.. but rdm wasnt trying to leave very hard.. it still had the orig 160,000 mile trans in it,, and i wanted to make sure we drove home.. but all that will change next time we get it to the track..i dont think it needs drag radials, but it did need to have the transbuilt to withstand the HP and shift quicker.. the car was left in drive the whole time with the OD off and the TRAC off..--auto pilot--
high 12s is a reasonable expectation if you turbo your sc400, and the car including the trans should hold up well..you will be able to get to about 350 hp without doing any fuel upgrades.. but after that, you will need to get more fuel to the engine someway--in my opinion..
anyway, high 12s is realistic, and id go for it..we need more guys who go turbo on the 1uz..
hey man as soon as you work out the kinks in rdm's car i will be showing up at your shop..

CEO
Old 05-09-05, 11:29 PM
chrisman
Driver

hi guys,, ceo--you dont need me to tt your car.. you guys should/could start doing the work yourselves.. i know there is an sc400 in florida getting done now..
this is the busiest ive been in a while, and im making plans to goto europe for the summer.. so what im saying is , dont wait for me.. but if you end up at a shop that says it cant be done, have the shop give me a call.. il set them straight..
there are no new deveolpments on rdms car--i asked him not to drive it if possible...until i can go thru the trans completely.. even i am getting the itch to drve it, and beat on his car a little.but i need to pay some rent first, and make room at the shop..

there is one thing i can say,news wise.. i recently aquired a trans from an sc300-97.. the convertor has a 1 inch smaller diameter..as geek-e as it sounds, i was excited. . smaller convertors mean higher stall.. the sc300 convertor was 10 1/2 inches while an original sc400 is 11 1/2 inches.. they look- externally -similar to me, like they wil interchange, so i took it to my convertor place.. they are going tocut it open tomorow to see if they are similar inside to the v8 convertor.. if they are similar, and i can use it on the v8 trans i will.. it should have a bout 500 rpm higher stall because of its smaller size..
i will try searching and see if anyone has noticed this before, or if it was done.. rdms covertor was already redone, and has 3-400 rpm higher stall than stock.. if this new one will work, that should be about 8-900 rpm higher than stock stall speed.. that would be great.. anyway,,i will know in a day or two..

leostunts--yes, imo the factory ecu can be used for this power level..7-8 psi
i made the turbo headers from headers that are available for another application.. basically cut the ends off , turned them forward and made the new ends..-this saved me about 4 days work..
the intercooler i made/used is one large core that i made tanks for and fit to the chassis.. BUT, on the next intercooler for a TTv8, i would make it differently.. with 2 seperate, upper inlets, then 1 lower outlet..that would simplify some of the piping..
Old 05-10-05, 02:27 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kind of off topic, where are you going in Europe?
Old 05-10-05, 09:37 PM
chrisman
Driver

hi richie, im going to greece.. im greek and we have a house i need to work on out there..i could actually use the vacation,swimming,etc.... im burned out..
Old 05-11-05, 10:25 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi richie, im going to greece.. im greek and we have a house i need to work on out there..i could actually use the vacation,swimming,etc.... im burned out..
LOL, that's a bit out of the way for me.
Old 05-11-05, 10:37 AM
leostunts
Driver School Candidate

Can you take some pics of the engine bay, before you leave and post them?

C'mon I know you have a camera phone
Old 05-11-05, 10:27 PM
chrisman
Driver

leo,i think there are some big good pics around somewhere on the net--but, i will take some fresh ones soon..i do have a camaraphone, but i have never used it for pics to put online- i may give it a shot..