Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need help saying goodbye to my 95 SC300 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-05, 09:45 PM
gavin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help saying goodbye to my 95 SC300 Turbo

Hey Guys,

I figured I would go full circle with this post. When I originally bought my first SC300 I came to this forum that night to find out exactly what could I do with that car. I met a guy who was willing to answer all my questions, and soon after seeing his car I knew what I must do. Turbo. I ended up selling my car (a 92 SC300 Auto) to get a 95 SC300 5-Speed. Then after about of month of work I had it turbo and tuned. It was amazing, fastest car I had ever been in by far. I spent my nights cruising around town making the jaws of ricers drop as my sleeper could only be seen by it's tail lights in the distance. All was wonderful, until I met a girl.

I kid, I kid. Its an awesome car, but I am now leaving college and getting a "real" job in a location that has more subway stops then parking spots. So I figured I would come back to the place where I got started and ask for some help. What is a car like this worth?

I am in Orlando Florida, the car is a 95 black sc300 5 speed with tan interior. It has a TRD short-throw, stage 5 clutch, T04e turbo, toyomoto kit, supra fuel pump, and all the other things you would expect it to have. I only dynoed it once (about 2 years ago) and it was above 400rwhp. (I will try to find the sheet to find the exact number)

It's my little baby, mobile 1 oil every 2,500 miles, washed, cleaned, spooned, read it bed time stories and left the garage light on so it wouldn't be scared. But alas, we are coming to the end of this chapter. If anyone can give me a range, it would be helpful to know where to start. Also, lots of love has gone into this car and I have actually never planned on getting rid of it because the person who started me out on this forum (who has since passed away) was where I got all my parts from. So if anyone knows of a good home, also let me know.

Thanks guys for your help

Gavin
Old 01-08-05, 09:58 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know exactly who helped you build your car, and I'm still sad that we lost him But it sounds like you have a nice car, so hopefully you can find somone that just wants a turboed car instead of one with the complete swap.
Old 01-09-05, 12:50 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

his front clip is on my car

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ighlight=bomex

I really hate that we are losing our old school guy's.
Old 01-09-05, 01:10 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
his front clip is on my car

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ighlight=bomex

I really hate that we are losing our old school guy's.

I'm still here... just waiting to find another clean 5 speed... man they're hard to find for a good price
Old 01-09-05, 06:36 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gavin
Hey Guys,

I figured I would go full circle with this post. When I originally bought my first SC300 I came to this forum that night to find out exactly what could I do with that car. I met a guy who was willing to answer all my questions, and soon after seeing his car I knew what I must do. Turbo. I ended up selling my car (a 92 SC300 Auto) to get a 95 SC300 5-Speed. Then after about of month of work I had it turbo and tuned. It was amazing, fastest car I had ever been in by far. I spent my nights cruising around town making the jaws of ricers drop as my sleeper could only be seen by it's tail lights in the distance. All was wonderful, until I met a girl.

I kid, I kid. Its an awesome car, but I am now leaving college and getting a "real" job in a location that has more subway stops then parking spots. So I figured I would come back to the place where I got started and ask for some help. What is a car like this worth?

I am in Orlando Florida, the car is a 95 black sc300 5 speed with tan interior. It has a TRD short-throw, stage 5 clutch, T04e turbo, toyomoto kit, supra fuel pump, and all the other things you would expect it to have. I only dynoed it once (about 2 years ago) and it was above 400rwhp. (I will try to find the sheet to find the exact number)

It's my little baby, mobile 1 oil every 2,500 miles, washed, cleaned, spooned, read it bed time stories and left the garage light on so it wouldn't be scared. But alas, we are coming to the end of this chapter. If anyone can give me a range, it would be helpful to know where to start. Also, lots of love has gone into this car and I have actually never planned on getting rid of it because the person who started me out on this forum (who has since passed away) was where I got all my parts from. So if anyone knows of a good home, also let me know.

Thanks guys for your help

Gavin
gavin

i might be interested if you are still considering.. can you post up some pics and give me more details
Old 01-09-05, 06:58 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
gavin

i might be interested if you are still considering.. can you post up some pics and give me more details
either make a new thread for sale in the classfieds, or handle it in PM.
Old 01-09-05, 01:13 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is sorta off topic, but do you happen to be scnat on supra forums?
Old 01-09-05, 03:27 PM
gavin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope, i don't know who that is...