Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Those with turbo timers

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-06, 04:55 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

John,

According to a supplier of JDM parts HKS makes a harness for the Soarer. It's noted on both the supplier and HKS's website as a TT-5 harness (11 pin).

Greenline Motorsports (scroll down to the HKS section, near the bottom of the page)
HKS Turbo Timer Applications (scroll to JZZ30, there are two types - for the TT and the VVTi models).

Hope that helps

Jose
Old 02-10-06, 05:16 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts
Thumbs up

jose, thanks alot man.
i'll see if i can get a tt-5 harness here in the US, post back on the highs &
lows of a new project.

john
Old 02-10-06, 06:58 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

No probs, I'm sure you can source the harness through the vendors here on CL like Carson or Memoryfab

Goodluck

Jose
Old 02-13-06, 07:47 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Apexi TT work perfect with oem alarm

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
I am not sure you understand my point. If you install an aftermarket standalone turbo timer it will cause some problems. For example, when you exit your car while the car is running you will not be able to lock it. Also, when you set your lights on auto, they will not turn off when you open the door because the car is running. So when the car shuts down, the lights will remain on. Unless you figure out some better way to wire the thing up, I would forget about the standalone turbo timer. Get a nice alarm with turbo timer and remote start. That is what I am going to do.

Chris
This is misinformation; that may have been your experience. But I think your general statement warning against stand alone timers causing problems is wrong. I recently had an Apexi Turbo Timer installed on my 1994 SC300 with factory alarm and key remote. I have absolutely none of the issues you are listing above, zero, everything works exactly like it did prior to install. The car locks perfectly with the factory key button. My lights turn off just the way they always did. There is a better way to wire things and it must be lacking on your install.

Perhaps the new Apexi (pencil shaped) works better or installs differently, I highly recommend it (for what it's worth, mine is hard wired).
Attached Thumbnails Those with turbo timers-apexi-turbo-timer.jpg  

Last edited by SCoupe; 02-13-06 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-14-06, 09:01 AM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
I am not sure you understand my point. If you install an aftermarket standalone turbo timer it will cause some problems. For example, when you exit your car while the car is running you will not be able to lock it. Also, when you set your lights on auto, they will not turn off when you open the door because the car is running. So when the car shuts down, the lights will remain on. Unless you figure out some better way to wire the thing up, I would forget about the standalone turbo timer. Get a nice alarm with turbo timer and remote start. That is what I am going to do.

Chris

In my instance, on a '92 SC300, the Greddy Turbo Timer I installed did not give any problems so It might depend on the year of the SC if it has issues
Old 02-14-06, 10:12 AM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SCoupe
This is misinformation; that may have been your experience. But I think your general statement warning against stand alone timers causing problems is wrong. I recently had an Apexi Turbo Timer installed on my 1994 SC300 with factory alarm and key remote. I have absolutely none of the issues you are listing above, zero, everything works exactly like it did prior to install. The car locks perfectly with the factory key button. My lights turn off just the way they always did. There is a better way to wire things and it must be lacking on your install.

Perhaps the new Apexi (pencil shaped) works better or installs differently, I highly recommend it (for what it's worth, mine is hard wired).

hey i got this exact one.. how do i wire it?
Old 02-14-06, 04:20 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

thanks for all the input guys.
i also have the apexi tt pictured above. (rip out from another project)
i ordered the TT-5 harness today & should be here in a week or so.
i'll post up what happens going this route & any mods i have to do
to make everything work properly.

john
Old 02-14-06, 05:35 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why is this thread still alive? its just a turbo timer.....
Old 02-15-06, 02:09 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Last5Spd
...how do i wire it?
Mine was done by the shop in conjuction with the 2jz-gte transplant, so I'm of no help on "how-to".

Oldie but goodie...so there is some kind of statute of limitations on threads with useful information ?
I don't think so... lol
Old 02-15-06, 04:13 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

LOL - i drug this up awhile ago looking for the turbo timer harness # that soarer 25gtt
so graciously provided to me. if you look @ the dates & responces, you'll notice i gave up.
the general consensus was that it wont work on our cars w/ the factory alarm.

now the tide is turning & many people say they have no problems. so when i get the
adaptor harness, i'll give it a shot & see what happens. its not that i couldnt hard wire
it myself, but if it wouldnt work/cause problems as i was lead to beleave. why bother?

chino where you are, sitting in the car a few minutes isnt a big deal. maybe check out a few
chicks walk'n by, enjoy the sunshine. but up here its FN COLD! nothing to look @ maybe
a tree, snow, random wildlife. 2 minutes seems like years! also i have no self control to
drive slowly/easy just before i reach my final destination.
john

Last edited by supra dr; 02-15-06 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-26-06, 06:21 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

update, sort of..... the TT-5 harness is not avalible in the US from venders.
its only aval. "gray market" from JDM importers. SSOOoooo of to fleabay
& hopefuly not get ripped off.
Old 07-20-08, 09:52 PM
slowmedown
Rookie

sorry to bring this back from the dead but i found a plug and play wire harness that works. just installed a blitz TT and used the soarer harness blitz part # 51154. only downside is the harness is special order takes like 6 weeks
Old 07-25-08, 01:05 AM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im just going to use one from my alarm, i think they are set for 2 min anyways, when i have time to slow down and drive for 2 min i will, if not i can always activate the turbo timer feature on my alarm and have it cool down that way, i like the idea of having less wiring and less gizmos here and there while being able to achieve the same thing. Get a aftermarket alarm with the turbo timer feature.
Old 07-25-08, 02:08 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys do realize that turbo timers are pretty much a waste of money right? Before you go on a "this guy is nub" fiend, read this, it pretty much sums it up.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=501079

Last edited by 2jzlex; 07-25-08 at 02:13 AM.
Old 07-25-08, 06:45 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowmedown
sorry to bring this back from the dead but i found a plug and play wire harness that works. just installed a blitz TT and used the soarer harness blitz part # 51154. only downside is the harness is special order takes like 6 weeks
Hmm ...6 weeks for a harness or 5 mins hard wiring it ...

Quick Reply: Those with turbo timers