Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

List of members with 1JZ swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-05, 10:17 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know of one in ATL., but he doesnt post. i think he is regitered under "finishlinemotorsports" but cant be sure. i know that last summer he was making over 700whp through an R-154 i think. that was on twins... as far as i know he is single now. i should probably call and touch base. ill get back to the thread if i talk to him.
Old 02-03-05, 10:40 PM
Arizona
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
i know of one in ATL., but he doesnt post. i think he is regitered under "finishlinemotorsports" but cant be sure. i know that last summer he was making over 700whp through an R-154 i think. that was on twins... as far as i know he is single now. i should probably call and touch base. ill get back to the thread if i talk to him.
Stock internals or upgraded or 2jz block?
Old 02-05-05, 10:28 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

Except the mystry man in ATL. has anyone else made big power or just relying stock twins. Im doing turbo upgrade as we speak . Doin up a T70 We need more 1jz guys its so easy to do and cheap. I mean I sell computer printers and have the funds to do this. Parts arent hard to get at all. I needed some jdm soarer parts that i didnt recieve with my motor. BOOm at my door in 5 days. Wiring isnt hard its just tedious. Extending the harness and doing the body connections. It was snap. Just get the diagrams for a sc300 and soarer its real easy. Parts for the motor are mostly 2jz any ways. Join the bandwagon
Old 02-05-05, 10:36 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be soon, probably this summer if I can earn enough (sucks being a college student).
Old 02-06-05, 12:29 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JustinDD91
Except the mystry man in ATL. has anyone else made big power or just relying stock twins. Im doing turbo upgrade as we speak . Doin up a T70 We need more 1jz guys its so easy to do and cheap. I mean I sell computer printers and have the funds to do this. Parts arent hard to get at all. I needed some jdm soarer parts that i didnt recieve with my motor. BOOm at my door in 5 days. Wiring isnt hard its just tedious. Extending the harness and doing the body connections. It was snap. Just get the diagrams for a sc300 and soarer its real easy. Parts for the motor are mostly 2jz any ways. Join the bandwagon
I have a T78 GReddy kit sitting by my feet right now. Just waiting on my fuel pump and head gasket. Cross our fingers, I am hoping to make some power out of this. The only problems I see are getting standalone units and fuel components here in the states.

if any of you guys are making power, please share.... I'm sure all of us with 1J's would love to learn more.
Old 02-06-05, 02:44 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

There is Apexi-PowerFC, Greddy E-Mange, HKS FCon , and some guyts in the MK3's have gotten the AEM standalone. I personally know of guys who use the Apex on silvias and evos and they love it. HKS has been used in Japan for years so it should good. Greddy Emange people love but my personal tuner isnt in favor of it and have of prblems with it. But still it works and some swear by it. AEM is what Iam most familiar wit and have used. There is know AEM ems for the 1jz but some have used the 2jz versio for it.(cross wrinfg involved) IMHO AEM EMS is the best for any tuning needs. The only problem I can see from using the 2jz version is absent of a proper base map but thats not the biggest deal if u have an upgraded fuel system. Then there is SDS stand alon which might look into but have no experience with at all. Some mk3 guys are using it and loving it. I will personally look more into it to run my system. Thats it off the top of my head. I just came from a party and have work in a hour.
Old 02-08-05, 06:47 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys what alternator would we use for the 1JZ? I am assuming that the 2J's work fine.
Old 02-09-05, 08:46 PM
ef9
Driver

I'm using a 1JZ alternator on my 92 SC3. It was the exact same part number as my 92 2JZ-GE..I'm not sure about the later years though.
Old 02-11-05, 02:32 PM
Splatsc300
Lead Lap

Sorta off topic but what are the major parts needed for the swap???
Old 02-12-05, 10:51 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Splatsc300
Sorta off topic but what are the major parts needed for the swap???

Motor, trans, wiring harness
Old 02-12-05, 12:15 PM
Splatsc300
Lead Lap

OK... well how about the not so major parts....
Old 02-12-05, 10:17 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

i am not affiliated with this company... just proving that the car does exists. im trying to get a dyno sheet, but i talked to him today and his last pull was 919WHP with twins!!!

here are some old pics...http://www.finishline.cc/sc300.htm

enjoy.
Old 02-12-05, 10:46 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

i am not affiliated with this company... just proving that the car does exists. im trying to get a dyno sheet, but i talked to him today and his last pull was 919WHP with twins!!!

enjoy.
I've seen pics of that car at Tuner Bash in Panama City last year.. If that really is putting out over 900 to the wheels that I need to go hit up that shop!!
Old 02-13-05, 11:54 AM
Splatsc300
Lead Lap

enjoy.

Old 02-14-05, 08:14 PM
Arizona
Lead Lap

What twins are threy using. Their website has a bunch of dead links So much for me shootin for most 1jz hp in the US. I wonder if they are usin a 2jz block or stock / built 1jz.

Quick Reply: List of members with 1JZ swap