Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tuner Theory - FI guys weight in

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-05, 11:38 AM
twizt2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awj - I've been all over intellexual, especially the FI registry for an idea as to what I might expect out of each set-up.

GTE seems to be the best way to go for a smooth and almost guarantee result. 10K for the GTE is a good deal, I just don't have it. The 1J looks like a good alternative, but the parts situation and the NA-T also looks like a decent way to go.

I guess I just want to know what I could be in for in if I go 1J or na-t. The prices are right, I just want to manage my expections.

I too am a bit surprised that ebanks is touting the GTE. I guess that's the voice of NA-T experience.
Old 02-03-05, 07:00 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by awj
yea... those wimpy ge's can't take it...

Twist, I mean, it can take it just fine. It's your choice what to do. Choose the right shop though...

The less it costs, the more trouble - typically... It's cheap for a reason. Doesn't mean you need to overpay either. But sit tight and do some research...

There is a lot of info out there. Intellexual is a good start.

I'm amazed that Ebanks, is pushing the gte over na-t... not that it really matters, both are excellent ways to make power. Research the differences and know what you are doing or at least be able to guess...
For his goals I am pushing the GTE. Now, if someone is going to go for bigger HP I don't really see the advantage to swapping to the GTE, because you are going to end up with a single, nice mani, built motor, etc. anyways. However, for 400 RWHP there isn't much more of a trouble free setup than a BPU TT motor in ANY car.

-Ethan