Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

some extra pics of chrisman work - turbo sc400

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-05, 05:10 AM
floridaken
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chrisman
again, sorry about my bad pics, but someday i WILL get a better digicam.. first i gotta get this Lex-Rolla rolling..
wow. incredible, what suspension mods are you going to make ,and will this motor except the corolla wireing harnesses and computers ? tell us mmore, also.. where are the pics of the twin turbo set up for the sc400, how much and where do we get them ? email me plz ,, its on my profile.. thank you chrsman.

Ken
Old 02-24-05, 08:02 AM
chrisman
Driver

hi, i am making susupension mods-mostly to the rear.. im putting together a ford 9 inch for the rear end.. the front ,? i dont know yet.. well see how the car drives/sits after it gets moving..
the wiring--the only thing that plugs in, is the alternator.. its seems wierd, but the plugs in the alternator are the same..
the rest of the wiring will be a challange.. even though this 1987 corolla GTS originaly came with fuel injection, almost none of the wiring is gonna work.. so i have a feeling geting the wiring/ecu working may take alot of research-time-frustration. ..
the pics of the TT sc400 in this thread were not taken by me-therefore were not mine..
maybee if you PM Goldark, he will send them to you, if he still has them..
Old 02-24-05, 08:03 AM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

hi, i am making susupension mods-mostly to the rear.. im putting together a ford 9 inch for the rear end.. the front ,? i dont know yet.. well see how the car drives/sits after it gets moving..
the wiring--the only thing that plugs in, is the alternator.. its seems wierd, but the plugs in the alternator are the same..
the rest of the wiring will be a challange.. even though this 1987 corolla GTS originaly came with fuel injection, almost none of the wiring is gonna work.. so i have a feeling geting the wiring/ecu working may take alot of research-time-frustration. ..
the pics of the TT sc400 in this thread were not taken by me-therefore were not mine..
maybee if you PM Goldark, he will send them to you, if he still has them..
I don't
But I think a few people save the pictures.

Also - I PM'd you about something
Old 02-24-05, 11:10 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi guys, i guess the pics are gone.. the were taken by one of the guys i met at a local club Lexus meet.. it must have been a much better digi-cam than mine-- pictures were much better and bigger than the ones i had..
oh well-- but since this is a thread of some of my work-- heres a very recent pic of something COOL.. as far as i know its the first Corolla with the Lexus V8--but im not sure anyway.. by the way, this car is getting the same treatment--Twin turbos, auto trans--no air cond..
Chris, I think you will be the 2nd one with a V8 Corolla.
There is a guy working for Motec in Australia that has a V8 Levin.
I think yours will be faster though.

Keep us posted.
Old 02-24-05, 09:43 PM
chrisman
Driver

cool, thanks richie.. i have a feeling im gonna be up searching the internet tonight--v8 corolla..
the more i look things over, the more things fall into place.. this doesnt look like its a very difficult job.. the steering was a big concern--but it looks like i will not need to change it at all..
anyway, i will keep club lexus posted..
.. i can give up a few more details.. its gonna have 2 T3-T4 turbos--they are turbonetics units.. i am making the exhaust+headers..the motor is getting new pistons, and maybe rods..thats it for now.. il start a new thread when i get more done on the car..chris..
Old 02-24-05, 09:51 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

I'll save you some searching... just recalled I posted about it a while ago

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=corolla

http://www.1uzfe.com/
Old 02-24-05, 10:42 PM
chrisman
Driver

thanks dave..