Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

just a little rant (my bad luck)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-05 | 05:38 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Default just a little rant (my bad luck)

Ok well recently I had a new transmission put in the Sc4 which set me back about 1300 bucks. Not too long ago, I put in mew plug wires, plugs, coil packs and something else which set me back a little. I am now in the process of replacing the starter in the car because if I kept going, it would eventually eat the teeth on my fly wheel. Well today, I get a call from the place where the starter is getting installed and they ask me if there was a BIG dent in the front quarter panel when I brought the car in. OFCOURSE THERE WASN'T.... Well, the guys are taking full responsibilty of it and are taking the panel off and to a body shop to get it fixed. I haven't seen the car but they are taking pictures for me. They have no idea how it happened so anyways, I was supposed to get my car today but it won't be until probably Sunday before I get it. Luckily I live right across from college! Btw these are the same guys that put in my tranny and did a good job so i can't be too mad but still everything seems to be happening at once!

END RANT!!!!
Old 02-09-05 | 05:56 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry to man. Hopefully everything turns out good.

Out of curiousity, what was your mileage when you replaced your transmission?
Was your original completely shot? Thanks for any info you could give.

Just wondering because I've seen SC's with 300+K with originals still going.

Old 02-09-05 | 06:13 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

my mileage was 150K when the tranny was replaced. It started acting up like not wanting to shift when It was first started on a cold morning. For about a couple of months it would sometimes clunk on the downshift. I had a tranny flush done thinking it would fix the problem but about 3 weeks later the tranny went to the crapper. I toke it out one night and noticed something really weird was going on. Once you have owned a car for a few years, you find out its idosyncracies and you know when something just isn't right. In about 2 days I really didn't have a 1st gear anymore. and it would shake the car on the downshift. It just couldnt get a gear in. It was driveable but I wasn't going to drive it until I was stuck!