Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What EMS to USE on the New Beast and other Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-05, 02:35 PM
TurboSCLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reamemiya
seems like you can't go wrong with aem and it seems like you have a lot of confidence in what they make/do so why not just go with them.

i say go gt42r

some questions though: how the hell do you autoX your car(it being such a huge car) and why (cuz little miata's will own you)? why would you want a 700hp autoX car?

you say you're a diy kind of guy are you planning on tuning your own car?
reamemiya,

Actually my car is a little heavier than a MKIV but I have a bunch of autox comp in my local area inclucing through my work, right now with the tein's and the Daizen sways and bushings the car reponds extreamly well with very little body roll, I mainly compete against the clock. But in esance you are right 700HP is really rediculous for an autox car that is this heavy I just want the crazy power at the monent. If I really get more into autox-ing then I will go with a much more nibble car.

Hey how is the spool with a gt42r. The a/r on it is HUGE,...1.15. I like the top end power but I don't want to wait so long for it, thats why I am looking into smaller sized turbos such as GT66 and 67, cause I would like full spool at around 4k as well as drivability. I really like the feeling of have torque anywhere on the powerband. If I want to pass somebody in 5th or even 6th I can with ease, Thats something that I want to keep. Also I want to start with a smaller turbo and work my way up eveturally if I so desire. Thanks again.

-Adriel