Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 Grounding Kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-05, 12:07 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default SC400 Grounding Kits

Guys,

I have searched and read about some grounding kits for the SC400. TMengineering were selling some, and one guy was making them for the SC400.

I am wanting to get one pretty soon.

All the threads were kinda old so I was wondering if anyone has any up-to-date info on pricing and availability for SC400 specific grounding kits.

lemme know,

Jonny
Old 02-18-05, 12:13 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dx3
Guys,

I have searched and read about some grounding kits for the SC400. TMengineering were selling some, and one guy was making them for the SC400.

I am wanting to get one pretty soon.

All the threads were kinda old so I was wondering if anyone has any up-to-date info on pricing and availability for SC400 specific grounding kits.

lemme know,

Jonny
About $81.50 shipped from San Diego from "TeCKis300" He's a CL member and he makes these kits. Use this link. Yay yay!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/members/3034-teckis300.html
Old 02-18-05, 12:31 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,364 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
About $81.50 shipped from San Diego from "TeCKis300" He's a CL member and he makes these kits. Use this link. Yay yay!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/members/3034-teckis300.html
He's also not an approved vendor and doesn't support our forum
Old 02-18-05, 12:41 PM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read on the supra forums that the hyper voltage systems might be a very worthwhile investment
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...hreadid=249671
Old 02-18-05, 12:41 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
And why not?????????

He does have a link to CL though!

Does anyone know if he makes them for the 400 too or just the 300?

Thx,
Jonny
Old 02-18-05, 12:48 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Dx3
And why not?????????
Good question, why don't you ask him (I believe we have in the past).

Check with TM Engineering, I've heard very good things about their grounding kits.
Old 02-18-05, 12:48 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Dave, this type of stuff baffles me. We're here to help one another. A fellow CL member makes grounding kits. Several people here have already bought them. It's a slightly cheaper alternative than buying from TM or possibly other "approved vendors." I don't understand the difference between this and if the seller just put a ground kit in the classifieds for the 400. I guess I'm just somewhat hazy on why this violates anything.

For example, if I said "hey CL! I've made a mold where I can replicate the center dash vent that cracks on all our SC's. I can make a vent and send it out for $XX.XX, anyone interested please contact me." Now, I'm not an "approved vendor" and I guess that means I'm not "supporting the forum" but how is this a negative thing? Please help.

-M.
Old 02-18-05, 12:55 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

It's certainly not a bad thing for a member to recommend something that has benefits for other members... a good deal is a good deal. We certainly don't stop it unless its the vendor themselves (or an interested party) is doing the advertising/promotion. In this specific case, the vendor has an account on our forum and that's where it gets especially dicey.

The fact is that CL is a money losing business every month (thanks to Ethan for paying the remainder) and vendors like this guy get absolutely free advertising on our forum. I simply think that they should support CL when its the primary means of sales for them ('word of mouth' via CL). Our advertising fee isn't that much (think the bottom level is like $75 per month).

If this doesn't happen, eventually CL will shut down or sell to somebody else who may use it with 'harder' advertising and sales approaches like pop ups and ad tracking, etc. IMO vendors like Techkits need to do their fair share to help keep it up and running for our members.... after all they are taking in YOUR money and WE (e.g. Ethan, the suppporting vendors and members who have donated in the past) are paying to support the advertising for these other companies. Often these guys with accounts are active on our forums, promoting and /or selling via PM. Not fair to us. Not saying this guy does, but many do.

In your example, if you came to me and said "hey look what I did that could benefit CL members" but you may not make $75 per month on it because you're doing it for close to cost I'd sponsor you to Ethan to see if we couldn't work out some special deal where you donated a small % of your profit for each item sold to help keep CL up and running. This is what we did with Aliga because of the type of service he provides our members on CL looking for used parts.

FYI - I also recommended the TM Engineering kits (which are a little more $$) because I've heard they have better engineered connections (at least for the GS). And also because I'm thankful to Todd and his company for helping support our forum "for the benefit of all our members".

This sidebar is taking the thread off topic - any questions please feel free to PM me.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-18-05 at 01:45 PM.