Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

soarer 1jzgte swap guide

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-05, 01:37 PM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to revive this, but i am about to buy a 1jz half, and was wondering if i understood this right. so i can use the 1jz, the 1jz ecu, and the 1jz digital cluster. but i will need to use the us ecu to run my a/c? also my a/c display has gone out and i was hoping mayby i can use the jdm one, would i? and if i did is it in japanese? and then if i did would i still need the US ecu. Also my ac compressor doesnt work anyways so i had planned to use the 1jz's a/c system, will that be a problem?
thanks for your help.

BTW im in Iraq and will be doin this swap when i get back in february! cant wait
Old 11-19-05, 05:50 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from the clip you can use the 1jz engine/trans/ecu... the cluster i havent seen done but yuo can probably rewire it and get it to work.. a/c works fine w/ the 1jz ecu
Old 11-19-05, 06:17 PM
prjctSC300
Lead Lap

as far as the wiring goes are you just extending it longer from the same pin?? no switching around from this pin to that pin??
Old 11-19-05, 07:27 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

So if I have an SC400 would a 1jz auto front clip have everything I need to do this swap. Like would the stock plugs on my car be like the SC300? Just plug and play. Or would I need to do some other things to change the plugs, like change the pin-out on the plugs? I just have not found a lot of info to tell me exactly what all is invovled with this swap. I know the SC300 is pretty much straight forward, but I have an SC400. This makes it a little more interesting. Oh yeah, Will the driveshaft on my car and rear end be fine or will I need to source out something else? All I can say is I have been reading and seeing videos of the 1jz's and....... I love it. Got_TRD's car was the first to inspire me. Then I saw VRC51's car and it is sweet too. I just want boost back. I just went from a 400hp 300zx TT and I am hating life because of the difference in power. So, any help would be great. Please don't bash me for asking this question which most noobs do. I just can't find any difinitive answers to my questions.

Old 02-07-06, 10:30 PM
lpolo69
Pole Position

alright i have a 1jzgte out of a supra with supra 1jz automatic trans,,,,iM using the soarer auto ecu and auto harness.....DO any of you guys know if i have to do driveshaft modifications....Also will the auto shifter line up correctly????

Please help someone....
Old 02-23-06, 03:04 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SCdrifter
all the clips plug up.a couple of other things
2. the rpm gauge also doesnt work im still trying to figure that one out i have a number to a guy that knows how to fix the problem.ill post up as soon as i get in touch with him.
Can someone help me out here with this? Where exactly is the wire? What color on what plug? Im currently using the 330ohm resistor that seems to work but it acts funny. The temp gauge will not move and stay on cold, even if the car is completely warmed up, until i drive it, then the needle will slowly creep to the middle. Thanks in advance.

~Kevin
Old 02-23-06, 09:46 PM
GRSC400
Driver

Originally Posted by lpolo69
alright i have a 1jzgte out of a supra with supra 1jz automatic trans,,,,iM using the soarer auto ecu and auto harness.....DO any of you guys know if i have to do driveshaft modifications....Also will the auto shifter line up correctly????

Please help someone....
I just did my 1jz swap and i had to use a soarer drive shaft because my sc was originally a 400 if is a 300 you could use the same drive shaft (i think) and the shifter lined up with out a problem
Old 02-23-06, 09:50 PM
GRSC400
Driver

I wanted to know if anyone evre try to hook un a diagnostic computer ( like the ones that dealer uses) to find any engine codes? i try to do that today and there was no comunication to the scaner.

any ideas? I ask because my car is acting up qhen warm and fuel cuts out when going into boost

also i wanted to add some tips to the list of things you need to do the swap. I used a '93 toyota camry throttle cable perfect lenght (found it at the junk yard for $10.oo)
Old 03-05-06, 04:39 PM
turbodude
Rookie

Also will the auto shifter line up correctly????

autos don't have shifters that come thru the tunnel. use your stock one.
Old 09-12-06, 07:59 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

good thread i realized nobady answered the main q.s thought .will the sc 400 driveshaft fit on the soarer tranny, is cutting the harness the only electrical issue or do we have to do cut and match in the junction box by the computer ?
Old 01-23-07, 01:33 PM
simann
Pole Position

Question I have not seen answered:

Will the stock analog (not the digital cluster that some soarers had in Japan) gauge cluster wiring plug into the 1jz 5 speed ecu?

Also, what about Air Conditioning? Will the stock lines fit the placement of the 1jz A/C compressor?

I could care less about the transmisson stuff. As stated earlier, you can get that solved relatively easily. Its the wiring that is a bit unclear.

Sometimes it seems it might just be easier to do a 2jz-gte swap instead.

Last edited by simann; 01-31-07 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-11-07, 01:50 AM
mig240sx
Driver School Candidate

Default Worth It

Simann, the pot at the end of the rainbow is worth it! You want to play, you got to pay.

400+rwhp 1j SC300 on Dyno (high numbers, no sweat):

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...e601646c2f.htm

...or you can put that 1j in a 240sx like me and smoke everything!

Last edited by mig240sx; 03-11-07 at 01:55 AM.
Old 03-19-07, 09:14 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so guys... correct me if im wrong... but for a 1jz to fit a 5-speed sc300, all you need to do is have the harness professionally extended (i dont really want to extend it myself lo..) for around 300$, and have some maintance stuff like timing belt, engine and tranny mount and stuff... eveything else is just direct drop in? everything bolts on the same place and a sc300 w58 5-speed tranny will just bolt on directly?
Old 03-20-07, 12:53 PM
simann
Pole Position

Yes, the W58 will work, but you need a significantly stronger clutch package. And the W58's power limits are on the high 400whp range. The harness is very easy to extend the three feet. Just do it one wire at a time, only takes a few hours.

But a great thing to have would be an LSD rear end. Whether it be from an Auto TT supra or an aftermarket unit, the open differential is just not up to the task physically or in performance.

There is a few questions I have myself about wiring up the gauge clusters though. The harness is different, though I believe you can simply look at the two harnesses and see which plug goes to what it then splice and be on your merry way.

-Jonathan
Old 03-21-07, 05:06 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I just found out about this new patch harness that's available basically you plug it into your harness and then to the computer. It allows for extension and easier install when you're adding piggy back stuff like safc etc....I plan on ordering one soon for mine.

http://autosportwiring.com/toyota.htm

Quick Reply: soarer 1jzgte swap guide