Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Seafoam experts, check in here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-08, 02:25 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I've ran seafoam into my engine without changing the plugs and they are still fine.
Old 04-16-08, 02:29 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by breakb
i can understand if it's going through the engine, but through the gas tank? it should be just like any fuel additive thing, like the chevron one, right?

Peace out
PCV or gas tank, they still go through the engine the same way. The injectors sits on the intake manifold and fuel mixes with the air before they go through the intake valve.

But the gas tank method is less likely to damage your plugs because the seafoam concentration will be diluted with gallons of fuel. With the PCV method, you're shooting 100% seafoam into the engine.
Old 04-16-08, 03:13 PM
breakb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i c...well i'm planning on running it through the PCV valve and hope for the best i guess? lol. if it starts to drive like crap again well then i know to change it. =P

but i guess running it through the oil would make the plugs foul up the most i guess? which i did last time but just want to try avoid changing the plugs thats why. =P sry i'm very lazy. >_<

Peace out
Old 04-16-08, 03:51 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Putting seafoam in the oil wont damage the plugs, at least it shouldn't. I would buy a quart of lucas, run your fuel down to maybe a few gallons, and then dump the whole quart of lucas fuel injector cleaner in there. It's more effective than the seafoam, and it quiets down those injectors.
Old 04-16-08, 04:00 PM
breakb
Lead Lap

so run it down to the few gallons and then run it more? or fill er up?

also, thanks for answering all my non-stop questions GSteg. >_<

Peace out
Old 04-16-08, 04:04 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Yes...dump the bottle in and drive around for maybe another 30 miles until your gas gauge gets near empty. Then refill it with maybe another 2 gallons so you don't dilute the rest of the lucas that much. After running it down near empty again, just fill her up like you normally would.

I did this to my father's camry and boy was there a lot of carbon smoke coming out of the tailpipe More than I ever did with the seafoam treatment (in the gas tank).
Old 04-16-08, 04:11 PM
breakb
Lead Lap

haha dammm, alright alright. dam it and i just filled up yesterday...DOH!

peace out
Old 04-17-08, 08:02 PM
MattSEG
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did it last weekend too, 185k miles, did sea foam through the break booster, it dieseled to a stop, let it sit, started it... lots of smoke... changed plugs and oil... runs like a champ
Old 04-24-08, 09:16 AM
jamodeo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I am so sorry if this has already been answered, but if I run the seafoam through the Break Booster do you HAVE to change the oil? Thank you

-Joe
Old 04-24-08, 09:38 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 189 Posts

^ Change your plugs and oil after you do it.
Old 04-24-08, 11:56 AM
breakb
Lead Lap

yes change ur oil, because it will be black as ****.

Peace out
Old 04-25-08, 08:17 PM
818sc400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aite this is wat imma do. 1/3 pcv 1/3 gas tank 1/3 oil. gonna change the oil but not plugs cus im also lazy. wish me luck (crosses fingers)
Old 07-06-08, 11:08 PM
931UZFE
Driver School Candidate

ok lets clear things up a little bit, if your car already needs plugs change them after seafoam treatment, ive seafoamed about 10 cars and never fouled or damaged the spark plugs. if you follow directions it will not harm your engine or spark plugs. when you put it in the oil change the oil anywhere from 30-100 miles max and yes the oil will be very dirty. no, seafoam will not harm your vehicle if you put it in the fuel tank. follow directions of how much to use and maybe you guys wont run into issues. read the seafoam info online and watch the youtube video for more info.
Old 10-14-08, 08:33 PM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

so i finally seafoamed my car today.. i did it in a mall parking lot.. since i didnt want my neighbors to get pisted off while i rev... i poured 1/3 can slowly into the line.. without reving the engine.. it didnt die.. it started to bog down though.. started to smoke out of the exhaust already too.. then i turned off the car.. walked around the mall for about 10 mins.. came back.. started up right away.. then.. started reving.. haha.. wow.. so many cars stopped to watch me.. i was kinda embarrassed.. i bet they thought my car was f*@ked up.. but.. afterwards.. i do feel the car alot smoother.. drove around at high rpms for about 5-7 mins.. it stopped smoking.. i would recommend this product.. works great like everyone says..
Old 10-14-08, 08:56 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tuterz
so i finally seafoamed my car today.. i did it in a mall parking lot.. since i didnt want my neighbors to get pisted off while i rev... i poured 1/3 can slowly into the line.. without reving the engine.. it didnt die.. it started to bog down though.. started to smoke out of the exhaust already too.. then i turned off the car.. walked around the mall for about 10 mins.. came back.. started up right away.. then.. started reving.. haha.. wow.. so many cars stopped to watch me.. i was kinda embarrassed.. i bet they thought my car was f*@ked up.. but.. afterwards.. i do feel the car alot smoother.. drove around at high rpms for about 5-7 mins.. it stopped smoking.. i would recommend this product.. works great like everyone says..
Nice, but don't forget to change your oil and spark plugs asap.

Quick Reply: Seafoam experts, check in here.