Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Seafoam experts, check in here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-07, 01:05 AM
SGrundy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For future reference, here are picture of the location for the brake booster vacuum line.
Wide angle: https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/up...61/BB_Wide.JPG
Close-up: https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/up...1/BB_Tight.JPG

See the directions on page 7 for explanation.

Last edited by SGrundy; 11-07-07 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-03-07, 04:31 PM
p3lon
Driver School Candidate

i gave it a try.. and it help my car out.My usto turn off when i let go off the pedal. i had my lil sis help me out since my car turns off. she was to keep the rpms at 1000 so it wont turn off. added the seafoam and 15 minutes later my car is running better and now idles correct.. 8 dollars to fix this problem. i wonder how much a dealer or a mechanic would of charge me.LOL
Old 11-04-07, 08:55 PM
clean
Driver

ok now what are the instructions on how to use the seafoam, like the intake where to poor it at and how?, or the crankcast where to poor it and how? your saying all this stuff but some of use need to know what do you have to take apart or somebody is goin to start pooring it anywhere
Old 11-05-07, 11:08 PM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clean
ok now what are the instructions on how to use the seafoam, like the intake where to poor it at and how?, or the crankcast where to poor it and how? your saying all this stuff but some of use need to know what do you have to take apart or somebody is goin to start pooring it anywhere
if u have a sc400..
go to youtube and search how to seafoam sc400
or something like that

if u have sc300 its the same concept.. but i dunno where it goes :]
Old 11-12-07, 07:01 PM
wutacar
Driver School Candidate

Seafoamed the car Friday night...changed the oil Saturday night..car ran good before...now it runs great...put in gas and through pvc hose...car smoked for bout 3 minutes...ALOT..but after that..it felt like new...By the way the oil i put in after was Royal Purple.Put a full can of Seafoam in a full tank of gas..and 1/3 of a can in the pvc
Old 11-22-07, 11:29 PM
818sc400
Lead Lap

if i jus put 1/3 of the can through the pcv hose will i have to change my oil or spark plugs? im confused. thanks in advance
Old 12-06-07, 11:07 PM
vdhkevo
Driver School Candidate

this thread just gave me confidence to seafoam. thanks for all the info guys
Old 01-06-08, 12:29 AM
rootaku
Rookie

OK i just read through 95% of the threads here cause I wanted to improve my craptacular MPG (about 12-13, maybe - city driving). So to recap for me cause i'm scared to things like this and any piece of info has already been covered, I apologize, I was skimming the threads a little fast.. sooo..

1.First Locate the "break Booster" line, in which SGrundy kindly posts a picture of (sc300, which I needed to see) Small question here cause I'm a noobsauce, In the picture, it looks like it could either way? So Do I want it to suck the seafoam going from the left side of the tube so it'll go whatevers on the left, or do I want it sucking into the right side? I assume it the fluids need to reach somewhere to left but I'd like to double check cause I don't know much how things work >_<?

Yeah.. >_>?

2. Pour 1/3 into a container filled with seafoam. Hold the Line in my hand with my thumb covering the hole. But before that.. They recommend I put some into this place right?

Thats the crankcase correct? and I should add some into the gas tank while I'm at it yes? anyways...

2.a. moving back to the whole booster line and next step, Someone starts up the car, I should feel a suction on my thumb and then place the hose into the container. Now while this is happening quickly, someone should be revving the engine to about 1k roughly and when all the fluids are sucked in, BUT, your suppose to do it "semi-slow" so would that mean like let skim the top of the fluids in the container rather then just put the whole tube into the container and let it suck everything up all at once (like the s400 vid) The car should stall and if it doesn't, turn of the car right away! ?

3. Wait 5-10 mins.. at this point I should plug the Break Booster Line back into place? or just let it hang out of place still?

4.Turn on the vehicle, Turn the ignition key and hit the gas until it starts up. Keep revving the engine to produce the white smoke until its basically completely all gone. At this momment, I should take the car and drive it at high RPMs for a good little while yes? I have an automatic though.. so it would be better if I just hit the freeway then or something.

5. Can I get a an oil change the next day now? Or do I have to get one like right away away. Theres talk about possible damage if big carbon pieces break off and clog or bend stuff, but when this was mentioned it was with a cobra in the threads I think.

If anyone could like re-verify this, for the billionth time, I sure would appreciate it very much >_<!

Last edited by rootaku; 01-06-08 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-06-08, 03:13 AM
Zeal3
Pole Position

rootaku. the line will be sucking in air. so it will be that line. and yes into the crank case.

i do 1/3 throught the brake booster, 1/3 in the oil, and 1/3 in the gas, and after the process i go get a oil change. i only seafoam after my oil is dirty. ive done this a few times and it always pleases me.
Old 01-07-08, 11:14 PM
rootaku
Rookie

Well I seafoam'd today, and it was pretty easy I have to admit, nothing out of the ordinary happened (thank jebus!!) I got a video too so I'll probably be another one of those "DIY seafoam video" lurking about on the net.

I got an oil change right after and I might seafoam one more time... It's not too soon right? Even though my oil isn't dirty, I still think theres still a lot of crap sticking to crap. Well I can't vouch if it helped my MPG yet I'll have to use up my remaining tank, on that note..

Can I use some seafoam on each tank of gas help my MPG? Or would it not matter or no one really tried doing this? Just curious.
Old 01-07-08, 11:20 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Well Seafoam says its ok to do it every 2000 - 5000 miles. So I guess not.

But I go by the belief that too much of anything is not good.

I just seafoam'd my ES a few days ago. And I'll probably do it in maybe 6,000 miles. Just my opinion.
Old 01-08-08, 12:39 AM
forcefed86
Pole Position

I use methanol/water injection and 25-30lbs of boost to clean out my engines.... No sea foam needed. Every engine I've torn down thats run meth/water injection systems is carbon free and very clean... I highly recommend it.
Old 01-14-08, 07:01 PM
Konnan101
Pole Position

I did mine this evening, and everything went great...knock on wood....I did about a 1/3 of a can in my pcv line, then about half a can in my gas tank, smoked like crazy, though not as bad as everyone else has described...I'm going to run the car until the gas light comes on (have about half a tank), then I'm changing my oil and getting new spark plugs.

As far as how it worked goes...really impressed, instantly better...it doesn't do magic, but it comes kinda close...got rid of a lot of the sluggishness off the line, also killed a little stutter.
Old 01-14-08, 08:42 PM
Konnan101
Pole Position

this helped me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hrasAYG42g
Old 01-14-08, 08:46 PM
Konnan101
Pole Position

would it be a particularly bad idea to do this back to back...like tomorrow (I did it at about 6 this evening)? I feel like my oil and plugs are getting replaced relatively soon, and another treatment could help to finish the job...though I don't know if it works like that...as in what could go wrong from two treatments.

Quick Reply: Seafoam experts, check in here.