Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte in 92sc300 auto?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-05, 05:22 PM
the2JZSC3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jz-gte in 92sc300 auto?

im currently purchesing a 92 sc300 auto that i wanna swap the motor out,i under stand the sc300 has the same block,could i build the engine off that block or are the bolt patterns diffrent?plus my buddie was telling me the have a how to book or site or somthing that tells you step by step how to do the swap,if anyone know of that let me know.i understand the rearend needs to be change to lsd but i dont know if i could bolt up a 6-speed to the auto block and i dont want to get to tha point to find out i have to start looking for another block.any comments or susggestions would be helpfull.thanks
Old 03-24-05, 07:05 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Search
Old 03-24-05, 07:58 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, was trying to help you out, but got lost trying to understand what you were trying to say. your best bet is to search as there are plenty of info on this forums. and plenty of thread being told to search

but yes everything is possible with money.
Old 03-24-05, 08:45 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, instead of boosting my post count saying "search!" I'll give you a legitimate answer. The information I provide should give you some good keywords to work off of...

Welcome to CL

Originally Posted by the2JZSC3
im currently purchesing a 92 sc300 auto that i wanna swap the motor out,i under stand the sc300 has the same block,could i build the engine off that block or are the bolt patterns diffrent?
The bolt pattern on the head is the same, but the work required to swap heads is more work than a complete 2JZ-GTE swap.

plus my buddie was telling me the have a how to book or site or somthing that tells you step by step how to do the swap,if anyone know of that let me know.
http://www.ultimatelexustt.com/ it's 195, and I have it. A great resource for a GTE Swap.

i understand the rearend needs to be change to lsd but i dont know if i could bolt up a 6-speed to the auto block
Rather than go 6-speed, your best bet would be a built transmission from Boost Logic or Sound Performance. BL recently had a car go 9.9 in the 1/4 with their built tranny.

i dont want to get to tha point to find out i have to start looking for another block.
Well, the 2JZ-GE is an engine that has a very easy life. One of the early turbo guys Scott (something) SC300T had over 100k on his GE and the engine still looked great even after many NA-T miles

Your other option would be something along the lines of mine. I bought an SC300 with 126k on it. Rather that fudge around with an engine that might need valve stem seals and would defiantely need a head gasket, I opted to bite the bullet and find a good condition 2JZ-GTE and go with the complete swap.

Having a Automatic may save you money and will definately give you more consistant 1/4 mile times. A high stall torque converter + a small single turbo = a world of fast-spooling fun.

And don't worry, my first post on CL was about the GTE swap, and I sounded like a complete moron in comparison to you

John
Old 03-25-05, 03:30 AM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

my friend had a turbo IS300 and he had his auto built by toyomoto, and it was a blast to drive. shifts were hard and percise. i think i will opt for the built auto when i do my swap or NA-T setup.
Old 03-25-05, 07:10 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TWISTED II
my friend had a turbo IS300 and he had his auto built by toyomoto, and it was a blast to drive. shifts were hard and percise. i think i will opt for the built auto when i do my swap or NA-T setup.
Toyomoto is in Florida.

Sound Performance is in your backyard... if you really are in IL
Old 03-25-05, 07:42 AM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SupraCoup3
Toyomoto is in Florida.

Sound Performance is in your backyard... if you really are in IL
and the person asking the question is in Las Vegas, so SP isn't gonna do him much good either.

i have driven a car with a trans from toyomoto, so that is what i will comment on. i wasn't aware that i can only use local places to do work on my car.
Old 03-25-05, 01:37 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TWISTED II
and the person asking the question is in Las Vegas, so SP isn't gonna do him much good either.

i have driven a car with a trans from toyomoto, so that is what i will comment on. i wasn't aware that i can only use local places to do work on my car.
Didn't you read the import tunerz' rule book?

Usually you can save some money on shipping, and SP has built some rediculous automatics, that's all

You've got eleventy billion options, I know
Old 03-25-05, 02:08 PM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SupraCoup3
Didn't you read the import tunerz' rule book?

Usually you can save some money on shipping, and SP has built some rediculous automatics, that's all

You've got eleventy billion options, I know
well yeah, but i'm sayin hes in vegas, so saying SP is just as bad as sayin toyomoto for the poster, lol.