Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

So, the countdown begins....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-05, 03:47 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt, just now noticed this thread. Work is killing me and so is my car. I didnt forget about you and your parts though, I have the list in front of me and have been making those calls. When do you plan on doing the transplant? My distributor is closed tomorrow and I wont be able to get anything until Monday.

Also, I wanted to address one thing. What are you doing for a timing belt? I "think" I still ahve the one I bought for my first 1jz. I heard something about a 2,6 liter isuzu trooper belt fits when I was searching for swap parts a year ago.

Peter
Old 04-23-05, 04:36 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, if you cant get the timing belt I'll just get the Izusu one. I have all the info for it. Its not a big deal, I just wanted to use an actual Toyota product if I could.

And we arent starting on the car until Friday, and thats when Scott and everyone will be heading up, so I dont need the parts until then. So if you can get the ball rolling on the stuff Monday thats totally fine. That should allow your dist. plenty of time to get the parts in to you. Like I said, I really appreciate it all Let me know if you still want the "kit", otherwise I'm going to post it up for sale here on CL.
Old 04-23-05, 04:37 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup thats right... info is over at supraforums under the MKIII/1jz section and has a sticky for all parts that swap over...
Old 04-24-05, 09:22 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Matt, im using toyota type iv for tranny fluid. Its working fine. You can get a greddy timing belt for the 1j if you dont want to get an izuzu one

Ill bring your oil filter this weekend btw so dont worry about that
Old 04-24-05, 10:32 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Yeah man, when you told em and Scott what kind of oil filter we need, we were just saying to ourselves "What the *****?!" lol

I'll just get the Isuzu one, its $80 cheaper and I've heard nothing bad about it so far. Scott just left here to head back there, so after I get these brakes bled I can post a review
Old 04-24-05, 02:04 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Small update:

While we havent even has a chance to touch the clip yet, we did get to install my TT brakes today. We did front and rears, and they definatly feel a lot nicer. We had one small mishap, but it looks like it didnt hurt anything. It was a dumb rookie mistake, so I'm going to avoid saying what it was I still have an issue with my master cyl./brake booster, so we are going to replace it and do a full flush when we are doing the swap.

I also have a Supra TT auto full differential pumpkin sitting here ready to drop in , but its time for me to study for final exams so it will have to wait until Wed.
Old 04-24-05, 10:01 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

who you callin rookie? glad that happened after i left!
Old 04-25-05, 11:31 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

But it happened while you were still there

We used one of the wrong bolts for the rear caliper, so it was going into the rotor Didnt do any real harm though
Old 04-25-05, 02:15 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

no, i didnt drop anything... aparently.... one of the bolts to the front caliper made its way up the driveway, and over to the parts for the rear caliper!?!?! yea.... thats what happened all right
Old 04-29-05, 02:07 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Update: Extension of the wiring harness is about 90% done It's 5am though and I ran out of shrink rap, so I'm going to bed.

Tomorrow, my engine is getting pulled and then hopefully we can drop the 1JZ in too, depends on a couple of logistics that I havent figured out yet. I got in a pnematic engine hoist today which will help out a lot!!! But the main thing is the wiring, and its almost complete.
Old 04-29-05, 03:21 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mteele
Update: Extension of the wiring harness is about 90% done It's 5am though and I ran out of shrink rap, so I'm going to bed.

Tomorrow, my engine is getting pulled and then hopefully we can drop the 1JZ in too, depends on a couple of logistics that I havent figured out yet. I got in a pnematic engine hoist today which will help out a lot!!! But the main thing is the wiring, and its almost complete.
pneumatic? its air powered?

you mean a hydraulic?
Old 04-29-05, 07:56 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bean
pneumatic? its air powered?

you mean a hydraulic?

It was 5am, give me a break lol

And yeah, hopefully scott doesnt mess up too bad, I cant afford it right now
Old 04-29-05, 01:10 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

if thats how you feel, i can stay here in orlando with all my tools and laugh at you!! you know ill git er dun!
Old 05-01-05, 09:48 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

The swap is complete and running... We'll start a new thread tomorrow or something... Were all tired as hell right now.. So for all of you guys *****ing about how I didnt do my own swap, there you have it
Old 05-01-05, 10:21 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

poor chino... he had to do one to get everyone off his back. haha. its all good. i think i got the raw end of the deal however... its 1:20AM, and its another 1 1/2 hour drive back to orlando, and i have to be up at 5:45 for work!! dont mind me, im just venting after a long sleepless weekend. and in my opinion, i think the swap was a bit harder than anticipated, but thats due in part to us having no air tools, and laying in a driveway. oh, and it only rained all day and night saturday and sunday!!! but, as chino said, its running now. we just have to get some minor details figured out... like tach, temp guages, oil light, air bag light, and ignition sorted out. this site was a great help though.

Quick Reply: So, the countdown begins....