Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz-gte SHES ALIVE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-05, 07:20 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

chino didnt do his own swap... thats why we need outside info. (this is ki_soarer typing btw)
Old 04-23-05, 07:50 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Damn... much trouble for JDMness hehehehe

Looks like a clean install man good stuff!!! Now you can add yourself to the 1JZ Powah Members
Old 04-24-05, 11:16 AM
ravaz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Please post up a how to on this, I'm sure many people are interested in this. I'll be doing this swap in a month or so.
Old 04-24-05, 12:27 PM
RjRacing
Driver

This may sound like a stupid question, but can you extend the JDM harness w/o it being in the car for less down time? Also, what radiator do you use and where do you get the radiator hoses from (what car)? They look similar to the supra TT, can you use the aluminum aftermarket upper radiator hose off the supra? And you wouldn't happen to have the Toyota part number for the TT throttle cable would you? If your manual, did you run the R134 tranny or the factory W58?
I'm just trying to get everything together so I have as little down time as possible and get the swap done within a long weekend (labor day)
Old 04-24-05, 03:56 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RjRacing
This may sound like a stupid question, but can you extend the JDM harness w/o it being in the car for less down time? Also, what radiator do you use and where do you get the radiator hoses from (what car)? They look similar to the supra TT, can you use the aluminum aftermarket upper radiator hose off the supra? And you wouldn't happen to have the Toyota part number for the TT throttle cable would you? If your manual, did you run the R134 tranny or the factory W58?
I'm just trying to get everything together so I have as little down time as possible and get the swap done within a long weekend (labor day)
Yes you can extend the harness without it being in the car, in fact thats the way its SUPPOSED to be done
Radiator is prolly stock... stock rad is very big, not sure on the rad hoses, can prolly find something to fit at the local autozone/daps
can prolly use the aftermarket upper rad pipe

Why the TT throttle cable? I was under the impression the N/A worked just fine.
Old 04-24-05, 09:46 PM
RjRacing
Driver

Originally Posted by Bean
I guess I have been on to many MKIII boards doing research and got my info screwed up. Well I asked this before on another board, but I'll see if anyone here know the answer, the front knuckle off the MKIII drive shaft needs to be used when running the R134 tranny in the SC , right? If so, can you order that part from toyota and does anyone have the part number?
Old 04-25-05, 12:02 PM
LexusLimit
Driver

Hopefully someone gives a detail write up on the jdm harness extension and pictures would be a big help also.
Old 04-25-05, 12:15 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job man. Welcome to the "Soarer" club. Looks like our swaps are not going to be unique anymore.
Old 04-25-05, 12:18 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bean
Yes you can extend the harness without it being in the car, in fact thats the way its SUPPOSED to be done
Radiator is prolly stock... stock rad is very big, not sure on the rad hoses, can prolly find something to fit at the local autozone/daps
can prolly use the aftermarket upper rad pipe

The supra4 TT throttle cable is $45 from Toyota, the N/A 2j is too short since the throttle body is over the cam covers not all the way st8 foward like 1jz and 2jztt.
I didnt want to risk over heating so I got a used Supra TT auto radiator from turbotoys.com for $100. its about .5-.75" thicker than 2jzna. both radiator hoses from the 2jz fit the 1jz.
The reason I did that harness while in the car was to measure it myself. because originally people were saying 24" I thought that was too long so I came up with 18". The only other thing was I used a st8 heater hose to bring back the heater line from the RHD side to LHD and clamped it to the cabin heater valve. Ill try to answer as much as I can seems other dont want to say much. But I guess you cant if you didnt do the swap yourself.
I cant answer any manual tranny questions since I left mine Pimp O matic. everything I post is from personal experience not hear-say.
Old 04-25-05, 01:15 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Cool thanks for the info on the throttle cable!
I'm going to stick with the stock rad, I've heard that plenty of people have used it on NA-T kits and 2jz-gte swaps and had no trouble... My car has had two different turbokits on it before using the stock radiator, so I'm not worried about that.

I'm sure I'll have wiring questions soon enough.
Old 04-25-05, 04:36 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to probably switch the radiator over from my clip, since I figure it has half the miles on it that mine has.
Old 04-26-05, 08:35 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
Im going to Miami next weekend sorry. From what I know got_trd didnt do his own swap
Maybe not, but its not hard to follow wires... Doesnt mean I dont know anything about it either
Old 04-26-05, 07:07 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Im trying a 330ohm resistor for temp gauge soon ,and getting an MSD tach adapter for Tach
Old 04-26-05, 07:20 PM
Tommyd1919
Lead Lap

For the temp gauge why can't you use the factory sending unit out of the 2JZGE or one from a USDM GTE supra? When I do the RB swaps into 240s I have to use the Temp. Sending unit from the KA for the same reason.. The temp gauge spikes to Hot, but with the factory sending unit no problems at all... With the US GTE swaps I don't think the temp gauge is a problem... I would try a USDM supra TT sending unit I think....