Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

O2 Sensor Choice (Already Searched)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-05, 05:51 PM
dean s
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but as I've read and experienced with my o2 sensors, isn't a universal o2 sensor is going to give the same readings to the ecu as the oem sensor thus allowing it 'THE ECU" to adjust the air fuel mixure to those specs?
Old 05-01-05, 08:49 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dean s
but as I've read and experienced with my o2 sensors, isn't a universal o2 sensor is going to give the same readings to the ecu as the oem sensor thus allowing it 'THE ECU" to adjust the air fuel mixure to those specs?
Yes, but what EuroJulians trying to say is that the ECU may not be recieving the correct readings from the sensors because somewhere along the wiring, the readings meet too much resistance (due to poor wiring) and the readings are throw out of whack. When doing mine, I remember stripping the wires enough for them to touch while in the clamp connector, so Im really not concerned about my wiring job. But if you do not have any experience with wiring, and dont have the stuff to solder/cant solder, then you should find someone who has experience to help you out