Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

mteele's 1JZ swap pics (56K take a nap)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-05, 06:20 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since Matt was online last night, I take it that you made it down to West Palm ok.... That makes me feel a little better of myself
Old 05-05-05, 06:30 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope, the engine blew up, and its all your FAULT
Old 05-05-05, 02:27 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

one onw hand, im glad you didnt say it was my fault... but on the other... thats just messed up that you would say it blew up. what a jerk. lol
Old 05-05-05, 03:04 PM
jedc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey mteele, very nice swap and car. What are you gonna do about the ecu? Is it gonna be a problem running it since it's from an auto car?
Old 05-05-05, 03:51 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jedc
Hey mteele, very nice swap and car. What are you gonna do about the ecu? Is it gonna be a problem running it since it's from an auto car?
The only thing that needs to be fixed is the p/n safety switch. It starts up and runs fine. Only thing is you gotta start it from under the hood. Unless mteele has fixed that problem.
Old 05-05-05, 05:55 PM
SCandilous
Pole Position

i couldnt figure out how to get mine to start so i just wired that relay switch to a secret switch inside the car. it works as a theft prevention too i guess.
Old 05-05-05, 07:26 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SCandilous
i couldnt figure out how to get mine to start so i just wired that relay switch to a secret switch inside the car. it works as a theft prevention too i guess.
I want to just do that and be done with that, but then my remote start and turbo timer will not work So I need to get the issue resolved the real way.
Old 05-06-05, 07:18 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

do you have the wiring digram for your turbo timer? I'm sure I can figure it out, but if you already have it, why waste my time
Old 05-06-05, 07:30 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gosh you seem to be a genious at everything else, running a simple wire from ignition switch to started that mind blowing
Old 05-06-05, 07:36 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
Gosh you seem to be a genious at everything else, running a simple wire from ignition switch to started that mind blowing
Actually its a switch thats connected to one of the relays in the fuse box.
Old 05-06-05, 07:37 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DETUNED
do you have the wiring digram for your turbo timer? I'm sure I can figure it out, but if you already have it, why waste my time
It's not a seperate turbo time. My Viper alarm has one built in, but the remote start and turbo timer functions cant work until I have the car "properly" wired.
Old 05-06-05, 07:38 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DETUNED
92-94 sc
car: 12v ( white) - turbo timer (red)
car: Accessory (pink/blue) - turbo timer (blue)
car: Ignition2 (blk/orange) - turbo timer (green)
car: chassis (ground) - turbo timer (black)
Old 05-06-05, 07:40 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Oh, incase you didnt see the resistor didnt work for me.

But for the wire from the igniton to the start, I should run a wire from "car: Ignition2 (blk/orange)" to the starter?
Old 05-06-05, 11:26 AM
SCandilous
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
you think thats all that is involved in starting a car?

automatics and 5 speed use totally different way to engage the starter after the ignition switch has been turned. you cannot just run a wire from the ignition to the starter because the starter draws way too much current and would burnout the ignition. thats way a relay is involved. in order for that relay to be switched on it has to get the signal from that clutch pedal switch on 5 speeds, or park nuetral switch on automatics. i could run the signal from the clutch switch to the p/n switch but i dont feel like doing it when wiring it to a switch inside the car was easier. my car just simple starts like a s2000 now or the new lexus gs's.

im not a genious at everything but i do understand electrical systems pretty well. from now on dont make stupid post.

mteele, i can show you sometime what switch you can use to start the car if you want to do it this way or what you probably need to wire to get it to start the normal way.
Old 05-06-05, 12:42 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

you think thats all that is involved in starting a car?

automatics and 5 speed use totally different way to engage the starter after the ignition switch has been turned. you cannot just run a wire from the ignition to the starter because the starter draws way too much current and would burnout the ignition. thats way a relay is involved. in order for that relay to be switched on it has to get the signal from that clutch pedal switch on 5 speeds, or park nuetral switch on automatics. i could run the signal from the clutch switch to the p/n switch but i dont feel like doing it when wiring it to a switch inside the car was easier. my car just simple starts like a s2000 now or the new lexus gs's.

im not a genious at everything but i do understand electrical systems pretty well. from now on dont make stupid post.

mteele, i can show you sometime what switch you can use to start the car if you want to do it this way or what you probably need to wire to get it to start the normal way.
dude your providing the starter(solenoid) with a signal, the starter it self draws directly from the battery

Quick Reply: mteele's 1JZ swap pics (56K take a nap)