Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Post your 1jz swap issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-06, 08:10 PM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i finished my swap, 1jz from auto soarer into 92sc300 stick. temp pegs hot, no tach, airbag light(about to try the airbag light fix and see if it will clear) and i know the oil pressure guage light works and the tailight out light works because i blew a oil hose(relocation kit) and it went on, and my taillight is out and it canme on, heh.

now the problem that hasnt been assesed here yet is my MPH guage isnt working, i have a 5spd stock and the auto connectors wouldnt match up to the speed sensor, but there were 2 clips with 2wires, and the speed sensor has 2 wires, diddnt connect but i wired one clip in, diddnt work, so today i wired the other clip in, still diddnt work, so later im gona try again but flip the wires, hopefull that will work, if anyone knows exactly what to do u can save me sum dirt on my back, thanks,

oh yea and my power steering rackonpinion plug diddnt match up either, so i have only highway mode, but im gona try the same thing as with the mph plug....

oh yea and curise control light comes on but doesnt work(im usin the us unit and it pluged right in, i just switched the throttle cable witht the jdm one)

Last edited by sc1jzgte; 05-17-06 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-20-06, 09:42 AM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

mph was fixed with the plug thingy, and then te cruise controller worked after that(duh huh), tach was fixed by dewsc way in the other thread, bypassing the resistor(i think he said that was for the temp guage, but now my tach works so I think he jus made a typing error, the powersteering also works, i guess theres 2 plugs in the US rack and pinion and i had it in the wrong one
Old 05-20-06, 10:17 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my problem is running rich.
i know rich is better than lean, but it seems like i run REAL rich...
Old 05-20-06, 10:35 AM
bigdaddyrobb
Pole Position

Im having a problem with power to the kickpanel. I have no blown fuses and I have power to the engine. Anything weird with the 1jz as far as hooking it up. All the plugs reach and are plugged in, just cnat find why there is no power to interior.
Old 06-05-06, 09:35 PM
LocknRoll
Rookie

this is a good thread and should be stickied
Old 06-24-06, 10:55 AM
TATSUYA93
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blksc300mt
tach is not gonna work unless you install a tach adapter. im using the msd 8920
I'm not sure if msd techs were wrong but when I called they said the 8920 is for cars that run msd ignition. I don't have the other part number on hand but if you call they will tell you. Is the 8920 working for you?
Old 06-24-06, 11:01 AM
OhElTee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TATSUYA93
I'm not sure if msd techs were wrong but when I called they said the 8920 is for cars that run msd ignition. I don't have the other part number on hand but if you call they will tell you. Is the 8920 working for you?

Bypass the tach resistor on the cluster. Your tach will work perfect and you wont spend a dime if you already got a soldering iron and a tiny piece of scrap wire. The MSD adapter thing is old news and should be removed from 1JZ swap history.
Old 06-24-06, 02:53 PM
TATSUYA93
Driver School Candidate

For those of you who don't know about the temp guage pegging out above hot, I think I figured out the problem. If you look at the wiring diagram of a sc300 combo meter it not only needs a variable ground from the temp sensor but it also needs a constant ground, supplied by pin 24 of connector IK2. when you look at that connector on the female side you will see there is not a wire in this spot, put a wire in there and ground the other end of the connector. Sorry if this is old news, I'm sure someone will find this useful.
Old 07-14-06, 09:01 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Default another issue

my issue is when i come to a stop it stalls. it does not stall everytime. from what i noticed its after i rev over 5000rpm. any suggestions to what it could be?
Old 08-15-06, 10:49 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have smoke(white mainly, smells sweet) coming out the exhaust.
it'll happen when i am sitting at stop light, or when i make a quick stop, like having to get out to go to the atm, and temporarily shut car off...

i believe it also happens under hard acceleration.

waiting to get ahold of a compression checker.
Old 08-15-06, 11:08 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ConSynX
i have smoke(white mainly, smells sweet) coming out the exhaust.
it'll happen when i am sitting at stop light, or when i make a quick stop, like having to get out to go to the atm, and temporarily shut car off...

i believe it also happens under hard acceleration.

waiting to get ahold of a compression checker.
Mine smokes too at idle after boosting I figure it's the turbos going bad......I'm going single soon so I'm not stressing that.
Old 08-16-06, 09:25 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

my issues consisted of, airbag light (who cares), tach and termp(normal crap), only problem was that when i would connect the battery the engine would turn over. i just ran a wire from the junction box to the CF-1 pin 8 plug and it fixed it. other then that thats all the problems i have had.. i got lucky. it started up on first try.
Old 10-02-06, 07:08 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

my issue is the car sputtering when i floor it and sometimes it will backfire like a machinegun when i floor it anybody ever had this issue?
Old 10-03-06, 10:32 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusboy94
my issue is the car sputtering when i floor it and sometimes it will backfire like a machinegun when i floor it anybody ever had this issue?
check spark plug gap. thats what it sounds like to me or maybe a boost leak
Old 10-04-06, 07:00 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

i changed the plugs yesterday same thing i guess i have to gap them .i used 94 supra ngk,s on then will those work?and i have 3 ingh intercoller and piping with stock turbos can this cause it too?

Last edited by sc250tt; 10-04-06 at 07:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Post your 1jz swap issues