Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Post your 1jz swap issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-07, 04:13 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 98 transmission

has anyone used a 98 SC auto trans with a 1jz swap?
Old 03-03-07, 12:42 PM
dirtyhands
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor mounts

Hello everyone, Im new to this forum. I have an sc300, swappin in the 1jzgte, I have both motors on the floor. Im curious about the mount up, I read a while back that the 1jz will mount up into my lexus. But im looking at both motors on the floor, and they dont look like theyre gonna line up w/ the holes in my subframe. Is the 1jz gonna mount up into my lexus w/ no mods, or no?
Thanks for the help.
Old 03-03-07, 06:40 PM
96gti2.0t
Lead Lap

i hate to bring up names but risingsun knows just about everything there is know about these swaps i would search and if you cant find anything out ask him but there is tons of info on CL about this swap it seems like it just droops in so if you have to change mounts just change them
Old 03-03-07, 11:30 PM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 96gti2.0t
i hate to bring up names but risingsun knows just about everything there is know about these swaps i would search and if you cant find anything out ask him but there is tons of info on CL about this swap it seems like it just droops in so if you have to change mounts just change them

i can vouch, he's very knowledgeable, and his swap is immaculate.
Old 03-14-07, 12:01 AM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

if it doesnt line up it may be a 1jz from a diffferent car, I know there are 2 different style motor mounts that fit on our 1jz, the 98 supra ones are your best deal pricewise, but if its the bracket part that looks different than I think you have to switch them, not sure how that one works.
Old 03-15-07, 04:28 AM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Havent been on here in a while. car was involved in a wreck before i was able to do a swap was gonna give up on it but i just got it fixed recently and im about to do my swap FIINALLY!!! What ohm resistor is needed for the temp gauge to work? 330 right? or is there something new on this...

and i just read an old post on the tach..guess it works fine by just bypassing the resistor on the cluster? i was still thinking you needed that MSD tach adapter..shows how long ive been off of here!
Old 03-19-07, 06:31 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Default chaser 1jz swap.

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone has done a swap using a jzx90 chaser 1jz into an sc? i have this setup in my car but i cant quite get the wiring. none of the body plugs are the same but i have managed to get the engine to a point where it will crank but not start. i my injectors are not firing but my fuel pump is providing pressure to the fuel rail. my plugs are also not firing either, tried to use some starting fluid to see if the motor would pop or not, but it didnt even try to start. my thoughts were that the neutral safety wires on on the chaser body harness was not connected but i tried jumping the connector on the harness and i also tried to splice it in to my clutch switch but neither had any affect. anyone have ideas? thanks
another thought i had is that since i cant connect the body plugs together their maybe some grounds that need to be hooked up but i cant find a wiring diagram for a chaser guess i'll just have to spend some quality time with my volt meter.
Old 04-10-07, 02:05 PM
ippyness
Pole Position

did anyone figure out what the problem was with the sputter?? i just recenlty got a 1jz tranz, and even used the majority of my 2jz auto trans electrics and it just started doing it with the new trans.. my 2jzge trans + 1jz everything worked fine and as soon as i got a 1jz trans, it sputters right as its shifting.. i dont know. its weird. anyway, the auto ecu computer could be it, and also there was another plug on the 1jz trans that i didnt have a spot for on my other trans, so im gonna un plug that and see if it goes away.. freakin weird i tell ya. anyway. great tread, it was pretty useful giving me ideas to fix my own little problems.
Old 07-09-07, 02:52 PM
tbrex
Driver School Candidate

Default 95 sc300 with 1 JZ swap problems..

Anyone have a similar problem where the car won't run and sputters when in boost, car won't go over 30 mph?? everything done on search already, idles perfect.

Thanks
Old 07-09-07, 03:17 PM
ippyness
Pole Position

bypass your fuel pump computer
Old 07-09-07, 08:19 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

what kind of plugs are you running in your 1j? if they are the ngk iridiums or any iridiums, they need to be regapped to .28 the spark gets blown out when in boost, i re-gapped mine and the sputtering stopped. the iridiums are gapped at .40 something! freggin nuts man, they are not worth the money next set of plugs are gonna be oem plugs
Old 07-09-07, 11:19 PM
tbrex
Driver School Candidate

pump already bypassed , plugs checked, still same prob.
Old 07-10-07, 06:27 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts

Still running the mass airflow sensor? If so check it or you have have
a boost leak.
Old 05-24-08, 03:51 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

car starts off in 2nd gear.. thought it might be a trans or solenoid issue but it's had several auto 1jz trans put it and all of them are doing it, maybe bad ecu?
Old 05-25-08, 01:09 PM
infamousc3
Driver School Candidate

My swap is installed and runs good, but my car tops out at 118 mph for reason while it's hitting redline and it feels like it doesnt want to shift into 4th gear. It really worries me. Anyone know what's causing this issue???

Quick Reply: Post your 1jz swap issues