Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Post your 1jz swap issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-05, 12:20 AM
blksc300mt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh cool, thanks....i didnt know that would reach. i'll order one tomorrow
Old 12-11-05, 05:01 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered my twin-turbo throttle cable Friday using the part number mentioned a few post back..... does this one work?
Old 12-18-05, 09:30 AM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
I ordered my twin-turbo throttle cable Friday using the part number mentioned a few post back..... does this one work?
works fine.. i installed mine saturday. like chino says u have to flip the bracket. Use the NA motor Bracket off your GE. i didnt have any issues with it being short my friend put it in like 5 mins. you will also have to drill the top hole on the bracket because u will not be able to get a screw to go through and screw into the intake manifold.

ill have some pics later on if anyone wants.
Old 01-10-06, 07:36 PM
SCwidaGTE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, heres a 1jz issue. i installed the 1jz a few days ago. everything is hooked up. i had myself and a few other mechanics look over the car, and all plugs and wires and hoses are ran and hooked up. everything seems fine. the fuel pump wouldn't turn on until i did the 12v mod. but now that turns on, but the engine is still getting no fuel or spark for that matter. we removed the fuel return line and put the key to ACC and it started shooting fuel everywhere. so i know the fuel is making it to the engine, but for some reason its just not getting into the injectors or into the cylinders. also, we took out the spark plugs and grounded them out and tried to fire up the car, and we saw no spark at all. at that point we looking into the cylinders and saw the pistons were bone dry. so, i need as much help as possible, lol. no fuel, no spark, no idea what to do, lol. i'm about to figure out how to wire so i can get a CEL and then i'm going to jumper the diagnostic port in the engine bay and see if i can get an check engine codes. but, has anyone else had this problem or know of anything i can check? TIA.
Old 02-01-06, 06:19 PM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SCwidaGTE
ok, heres a 1jz issue. i installed the 1jz a few days ago. everything is hooked up. i had myself and a few other mechanics look over the car, and all plugs and wires and hoses are ran and hooked up. everything seems fine. the fuel pump wouldn't turn on until i did the 12v mod. but now that turns on, but the engine is still getting no fuel or spark for that matter. we removed the fuel return line and put the key to ACC and it started shooting fuel everywhere. so i know the fuel is making it to the engine, but for some reason its just not getting into the injectors or into the cylinders. also, we took out the spark plugs and grounded them out and tried to fire up the car, and we saw no spark at all. at that point we looking into the cylinders and saw the pistons were bone dry. so, i need as much help as possible, lol. no fuel, no spark, no idea what to do, lol. i'm about to figure out how to wire so i can get a CEL and then i'm going to jumper the diagnostic port in the engine bay and see if i can get an check engine codes. but, has anyone else had this problem or know of anything i can check? TIA.
So were you able to figure out the problem?
Old 02-01-06, 06:19 PM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

Question about the 330ohm resis. Do we use the 1/2 watt or 1/4 watt?
Old 02-01-06, 07:20 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

My 1JZ's water pump just went out!! So I ordered 2JZ's waterpump at toyota today...
whatelse I need?
Old 02-01-06, 07:46 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blacksc400
My 1JZ's water pump just went out!! So I ordered 2JZ's waterpump at toyota today...
whatelse I need?

izsuzu timing belt, adjustable cam gears
Old 02-03-06, 11:39 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blacksc400
whatelse I need?

if i were you i would purchase the TIming belt from Jay Marks Toyota. they sell the 1jz timing belt for like 23.00
Old 02-04-06, 11:00 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

might as well get Greddy one from suprastore.com for 150.00

Anyway, I will do the waterpump first, it won't take my friend to do it over 2 hrs... just want to make sure we have every parts we need!
Old 02-04-06, 04:25 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

istoreparts has teh greddy for $109
Old 04-01-06, 09:59 AM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

Im not sure,im just going to unplug mine tho.
Old 04-01-06, 10:08 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Soapra
Did anyone find closure to the Air bag light staying on. Also witch tach adaptor works I see two part numbers?

im glad to see you on CL! your car is the nicest MKIII i have ever seen... love the Z20 front end.

as for the tach... there is a member here that can make it work.. just send him your cluster... his sn is GOT_TRD.
Old 04-01-06, 10:31 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

When i get home sunday night ill do a how-to on how to make the tach work. Its not accurate at high rpms, but it moves lol. Temp gauge you just move the needle to what looks good. Airbag light = pull it out.

So far swapped two cars. No issues. AC works, heater works, cruise works, etc etc. I did not even bypass the fuel ECU on the 93, didnt even extend the ecu harness. Just the body plugs. This car will never have electrical issues.

Last edited by VJ RC51; 04-01-06 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-01-06, 05:12 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my swap issue is the guy that helped me do it.

money + "friends" don't mix. remember that people, this is like the 2nd time i've have trouble w/ crap like this.

Quick Reply: Post your 1jz swap issues