Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz single turbo manifold

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-05, 12:52 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys just FYI...I know a guy who gave it the what the hell and bought an ebay manifold figuring as long as its okay quality metal, his welder could fix any leaks or reweld the joints. He took it to his welders shop and the welders professional response was "wow, it looks good" Stainless steel was of great quality and the welds were superior to many of the production models that are sold. I cant guarantee the same for every manifold, but there are definitely the pick of the litter out there.
Old 05-10-05, 01:57 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mteele
If no one else does, I might be able to pick up the manifold sometime later this summer.

Do it!!!!!!
Old 05-10-05, 10:31 PM
Arizona
Lead Lap

I wish trhey had more pics. My friend bought one of those XSPower Manifolds. It had nice big runners and welds were good. But the wastgate flange was only 3/4 welded on. And if you looked through the turbo flange you couldnt see. One of the runners was blocking it. It wasnt cut. Maybe this one is different IDK. SFP for me. But you never know. This could be the greatest never cracking highest flowing manifold ever. But I doubt it.
Old 05-10-05, 11:49 PM
Gamer
Pole Position

Personally, If I needed to get a new Manifold (which I might as I need to change my GT25 flange to a T4 for the new turbo that I have)...

I would get the one offered by Wasabi...

Tell me this is not the sexiest manifold that you have ever seen...

1JZ-GTE Turbo manifold

I love the dual pipes going into the WG and the supports... that looks like a mean *** mani.
Old 05-11-05, 01:18 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

Who has experience here with Wasabi Manifolds? I know there was a guy with one of there intake manifolds but what about the exhaust.
Old 05-11-05, 05:09 AM
RjRacing
Driver

That is the actual price, I have spoken with him but shipping is like $150. My aunt lives in Bangkok and she gets free shipping back to the states through her company, in about 6 mo I am going to buy 3 or 4 of these and have them shipped back if anyone is interested let me know.
Old 05-11-05, 05:20 AM
GRIFFIN TT
Driver

Originally Posted by JustinDD91
I wish trhey had more pics. My friend bought one of those XSPower Manifolds. It had nice big runners and welds were good. But the wastgate flange was only 3/4 welded on. And if you looked through the turbo flange you couldnt see. One of the runners was blocking it. It wasnt cut. Maybe this one is different IDK. SFP for me. But you never know. This could be the greatest never cracking highest flowing manifold ever. But I doubt it.
I have had experience with 2 SFP manifolds. I actually was friends with one of the head welders there.....stay far AWAY
Old 05-11-05, 06:45 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gamer
Personally, If I needed to get a new Manifold (which I might as I need to change my GT25 flange to a T4 for the new turbo that I have)...

I would get the one offered by Wasabi...

Tell me this is not the sexiest manifold that you have ever seen...

1JZ-GTE Turbo manifold

I love the dual pipes going into the WG and the supports... that looks like a mean *** mani.
That is beautiful. It should be in a glass case. Too bad it will miscolor once the heat is applied by the engine.
Old 05-11-05, 07:18 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RjRacing
That is the actual price, I have spoken with him but shipping is like $150. My aunt lives in Bangkok and she gets free shipping back to the states through her company, in about 6 mo I am going to buy 3 or 4 of these and have them shipped back if anyone is interested let me know.
I may very well be interested
Old 05-11-05, 08:22 AM
GRIFFIN TT
Driver

Originally Posted by mteele
I may very well be interested
yeah me too
Old 05-11-05, 10:36 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

I did a search on Wasabi at Supraforums and only one guy is running them and a few who did before claim they are crap.

Last edited by JustinDD91; 05-11-05 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-11-05, 10:39 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GRIFFIN TT
I have had experience with 2 SFP manifolds. I actually was friends with one of the head welders there.....stay far AWAY
Why do you say that? Ive never seen one crack, I have even seen super expensive Full Race Manifolds crack but no these. Were there support brackets?
Old 05-11-05, 11:15 AM
qtb33
Lead Lap

What was the price on the Wasabi manifolds? I'm using Fire Fox as a web browser and I don't think some of the info was showing up, as indicated on the top of their index page.
Old 05-11-05, 12:14 PM
GRIFFIN TT
Driver

Originally Posted by JustinDD91
Why do you say that? Ive never seen one crack, I have even seen super expensive Full Race Manifolds crack but no these. Were there support brackets?
many reasons, including the 2 that I had that cracked and my friends that cracked and that they are made out of mild steel.
They suck

Im not saying this ebay wont crack but at 299 thats ok...but If I pay big $$ for a mani it better not crack. SFP are a bunck of thieves and dont stand behind there product. I used to live down the street from them they have that reputation locally as well
Old 05-11-05, 09:38 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ebay manifolds are not mild steel; i've never seen a turbo manifold made out of mild steel; not a production model anyways...

Quick Reply: 1jz single turbo manifold