Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My unconventional TT conversion ... pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-05, 09:01 AM
mamurra2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lextreme
Like SC300TT (Clint) stated, you will have double the trouble and double the pain along with single the fun. I am not to be negative, but dont u think the MP T3/4is too big for the almost stock engine?
I think you would have difficulty spooling. Twin turbo get the WOW factor, I would stick with single....
You're absolutely right, they're overkill, the original plan was to make the kit with the largest turbos anyone would want to install so that I knew there'd be plenty of room for correctly sized turbos on future kits...and then I started building and realized that I couldn't be paid enough money for the hassle (and ultimately no real benefit) of producing TT kits. Spool isn't bad, it's about 1000rpm later than my .58a/r T61 was. It would defiantely be acceptable to me if the car was a 5sp.

Originally Posted by CleanSC
Am I correctly seeing that you have a T4 60-trim per 1.5 liters of engine with *low* compression?
pretty much, I'm around mid 9's compression with the pistons, h/g, and slight shave
Old 06-10-05, 07:55 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mamurra2
You're absolutely right, they're overkill, the original plan was to make the kit with the largest turbos anyone would want to install so that I knew there'd be plenty of room for correctly sized turbos on future kits...and then I started building and realized that I couldn't be paid enough money for the hassle (and ultimately no real benefit) of producing TT kits. Spool isn't bad, it's about 1000rpm later than my .58a/r T61 was. It would defiantely be acceptable to me if the car was a 5sp.

pretty much, I'm around mid 9's compression with the pistons, h/g, and slight shave
ah ok... with a slight shave, you're prolly back up to high 9s... but thats cool if you want a low boost setup