Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How I fixed my bucking

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-05, 08:11 AM
Dee_seal
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How I fixed my bucking

Hey guys while driving my sc400 195K the car starte to buck, and jerk like it was starving for gas or something I was 10 minutes from the lexus dealership and I was prepared to drop 5 c-notes to fix this problem, but I remembered when my RX 7 was acting the same fool all I did was attach a major ground wire from the battery. So I figured it might be the ground wire to the battery, I pulled u p at a gas station pulled out the ground wire on the battery then reattached it and violla no more bucking smooth acceleration. whoopii!!. So if anyone is have any bucking problems start with your battery ground.

Another indication is when your needles on your tach and speedometer aren't fully luminated, I still have that problem, it is kinda weird. I need to add a battery ground wire I think.

And one more problem I have and I am not sure if it is related is when I put on my right blinkers the inside indicator is very busy, it blinks a lot faster than my left blinker , any ideas?

DN
Old 06-21-05, 08:15 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Isn't the speed of the blinker (if accelerated) related to having a non-functioning headlight on the side of that blinker? ie, if your right blinker is super speed, you're right headlight is out? Certain vehicles are equipped with this feature, not sure if our SC's are.
Old 06-21-05, 11:35 PM
cal9126
Pole Position

what you mean you attached a major ground wire to the battery??

do you mean you just replace the negative battery cable??

i have a hesitaion/bucking when starting from and stop but i thought that it was from either the transmission or a sensor of some sort.....

can a bad ground in the car actually cause the engine to hesitate like that????
Old 06-22-05, 07:37 AM
Dee_seal
Rookie

Originally Posted by cal9126
what you mean you attached a major ground wire to the battery??

do you mean you just replace the negative battery cable??

i have a hesitaion/bucking when starting from and stop but i thought that it was from either the transmission or a sensor of some sort.....

can a bad ground in the car actually cause the engine to hesitate like that????
In my case that was the problem, go down to your local discount parts store go to the battery section grab one of those massive ground wires (cost about $7.00). Disconect the ground wire from the harness that attches to the battery. Now with the new ground wire attach the ground wire, to the negative terminal and the other end ,ground it to the chassis (scrape of the paint) and the ground from the harness attach it all to that same connection, you may have to remove the batery clamp fitting at the end of the harness, that should help, let us know how it goes

Last edited by Dee_seal; 06-22-05 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-22-05, 10:36 AM
Lex3486
Rookie

The needles are a common problem said to be caused by too much/fluctuating voltage, and your blinker is the result of a blown bulb, most likely up front since there's multiple bulbs in rear (well, that is if your car is a 92-94) but it's definitely cause of a burnt bulb. Check the taillight indicator too-you might find the probl***s in back. As for cal9126's problem, I had that problem with my ES300 and it turned out to be an air intake hose problem; it had a crack in it after the MAF sensor. Easy fix if that's it. Certainly a good place to start.