Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz 1.5jz

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-05, 11:01 AM
Kaukau
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile a stupid question

1JZ head bolts on to the 2JZ-GE. I wonder that is it possible to use all 2JZ-GE ECU, MAF, everything to let 1JZ works on the top of GE motor? What parts will be needed to have 1JZ-GTE+2JZ-GE motor combination?
Old 11-15-05, 07:42 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok here is what i understand.
The MAF is used to measure air flow hence mass air flow. when increasing displacement on a Maf it will automaticly compensate. as long as you have enough fuel.
the MAP is a speed density system in other words pressure and temp tell you the mass and the RPM is essintial to the flow calculations. if you tune a MAP on a honda it is based on the pressure Vs. RPM map so if you change the displacement on the motor in essence you have moved the flow or volume of air the motor can consume at a certain rpm up. and when this happens and you dont retune all hell could break lose, or it just wont start. haha (yes personal experince)
As for the 800cc/min your limit is all within the # of cells you have in your tuneing window. the reason it is hard to tune an afc with more that 440's is because you do not have enough points at which to adjust the map. so just figure out how much tuning ability your engine managment has.
that is the main fact all though there are others involved that are beyond my ability to explain in a logical way. hope that helps some.