Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ swap issues... did I get ripped off? (wiring harness questions)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-05, 10:07 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Some are helping but others ......... I never understand why when a Member needs help in a large problem people take the time to post something unhelpfull that does them no good at all. Sorry but I see this happen time and time again. Searching is not always as easy as you think. Post the link he needs to see if its there.
Old 07-15-05, 11:42 PM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the posts guys... I hope to take a ton of pictures along the way to contribute to people doing the swap in the future. I'll try to make my post clearer tomorrow by providing pictures of my cut wiring harness and maybe someone will know where it goes to... I know my description was a bit unclear. I still don't think the swap guide would be of very much help to me... I know it's not going to be THAT easy, but at the same tme my friends and I have worked on much more complicated projects... we just had a few quick questions before we started.

We ended up extending the wiring harness from the engine bay side anyway yesterday night before anyone posted that all of the wires may not need to be extended. I guess I'd rather just extend them all as that is the only guaranteed way that they'll fit... not sure how some got the wiring harness to reach the stock ECU location without extending those wires, but something tells me luck would not be on my side when it came to that, lol. We're on about # 45 of 70 wires or something like that.

Last edited by JJG2005; 07-15-05 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-16-05, 12:48 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
dont speak of something you know nothing about
You can find all the into you need to know on this wap on supraforms.com goto mk3 then 1jz section. alot of people on here are hear -say dont know the info first hand
I don't think anyone in this forum needs to "shut up". It is a chat forum for all and all may post. I'll see to that. There's plenty of info here from all angles. Thanks to anyone who is trying to help.

I remember you didn't have a problem with people giving their best guess in this thread .

Last edited by O. L. T.; 07-16-05 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-16-05, 04:35 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default reply

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
I don't think anyone in this forum needs to "shut up". It is a chat forum for all and all may post. I'll see to that. There's plenty of info here from all angles. Thanks to anyone who is trying to help.

I remember you didn't have a problem with people giving their best guess in this thread .
dude those people that were replying had experience with this problem. What to you kjnow about this swap first hand ??? nothing you have a v8, its N/a, you never done this wiring job, and you reffer him to a guide thats not ever the same engine .
My point is if your dont really know about something dont give out "your angle" cause its not accurate !