Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

uh turbo time NA-T feed me!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-06, 10:00 PM
superSoare
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow

Man it looks great. i can't wait to race!
Old 09-19-06, 10:20 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by superSoare
Man it looks great. i can't wait to race!
Race? win or lose, I have fun racing . Here is my silent exhaust :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1MDu9gwsnU

I tried to bleed the clutch, but afterwards my clutch pedal stays stuck to the ground when pressed. After I lift it back up, it stays up too. There is no "push back" force from the clutch pedal. So, I thought somehow too much air went into the clutch bleed nipple..so I used a hand pump and only slightlyl loosened the bleed nipple, and started suction...no fluid came out, only mist. Im trying to drive my car to the shop to finish the intercooler piping and now i can't..wtf?!

Last edited by dejacky; 09-20-06 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-20-06, 03:26 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

try just cracking the valve, then open the clutch reservoir and let it gravity drain. Give the line and assembly a little jiggle to get the air bubbles loosened and you should be good. If that doesnt fix it I would start looking at the clutch fork for it being off.
Old 09-20-06, 03:45 PM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

try having sum1 pump the clutch pedal while u open the bleed valve have them pump untl its dry... then refill with fluid till u replace all thats required and cap it off... should work
Old 09-20-06, 04:35 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

Originally Posted by vipsoarer
try just cracking the valve, then open the clutch reservoir and let it gravity drain. Give the line and assembly a little jiggle to get the air bubbles loosened and you should be good. If that doesnt fix it I would start looking at the clutch fork for it being off.
I tried removing the bleed valve nipple completely, and still nothing even comes out...even using the Autozone hand-suction pump and barely cracking the needle I can't get any air bubbles w/ slight liquid mist like before. I tried your "gravity drain" technique and still nothing . What do you mean by the clutch fork being off and how do I fix it?
Old 09-20-06, 10:48 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

make sure its directly contacting where it should be... the pressure plate spring fins, dead center. this is where the system has a load and while the bleeder valve is open, it will dump. When this is closed the piston moves to create a pivot off the clutch fork which is why you cant pump the clutch pedal like brakes to create pressure in the line. check over your slave and master cyls and inside on the firewall for any liquid. With a pump you should be getting atleast a little fluid along with bubbles from micro leaks where the hose attaches to the bleeder. Keep us posted and this will give us some insight as to what needs to be done.
Old 09-21-06, 01:24 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

i was looking at the brake reservoir by mistake . The clutch fluid reservoir was way below minimum, but not empty. So, I filled it to the top and will continue the bleeding technique...after a nice relaxing shower .
Old 09-21-06, 12:34 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Vens it gonna be done ya? You're so close to being finished its not even funny.
Old 09-21-06, 02:44 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jewcano
Vens it gonna be done ya? You're so close to being finished its not even funny.
I don't wanna give a specific time and jinx it . Hopefully (and with God's help), my next post will be a dyno sheet .
I bled the living heck out of the clutch like a mad man on crack since the clutch pedal in the upper position started dragging a bit after driving for 20 miles. So far, no dragging after this 2nd rebleed and about 80 more mileage...wish me luck :ugh2:
Old 09-23-06, 06:33 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

just realized my AC isn't working..the entire dash unit backlight is lit, but when i press the buttons nothing happens. I'm re-using the old ac compressor from my original engine since I just left all the wiring attached. Any ideas why it's not working?
Old 09-24-06, 11:02 PM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check to make sure you have everything connected in the engine bay. Also go ahead and check the connectors on the back of Climate control ****. Make sure they are connected and holding.
Old 09-26-06, 04:10 PM
WantedRawb
Driver School Candidate

wow, this is my first post....just read this entire thread...interesting... having a tough time deciding between a sc3 and 4. did you ever get that na-t guide done ?
Old 09-26-06, 05:06 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by WantedRawb
wow, this is my first post....just read this entire thread...interesting... having a tough time deciding between a sc3 and 4. did you ever get that na-t guide done ?
not yet since I have other priorities at the moment. Once the car is completely tuned with no glitches, I will organize all my notes into a comprehensive DIY guide. If you search all my posts on supraforums, clublexus, and clubna-t, a lot of that info will be included in the guide. Here is some more how-to info:

http://www.intellexual.net/
http://www.mkiv.com

On supraforums.com, check out their "Naturally Aspirated" section...it's basically all NA-T .
Old 09-26-06, 08:53 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

jacky great progress your having!

check the threads my car is in for a major workover. im adding new paint, aem ecu, head gasket, arp's. upgraded turbo and more check it out!!

Last edited by bens sc; 09-26-06 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-29-06, 06:44 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

Thanks Ben.

In addition to the Air/AC/Heater controls not working/responding on the center console, here are some new discoveries:

1) the 3 dash buttons controlling the clock display do not work, so I cannot correct the time!

2) 12 volt cigarette lighter is giving no power

The thought that it could be a fuse(s) crossed my mind. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

Quick Reply: uh turbo time NA-T feed me!