Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

NA-T Nearing Completion

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-05, 01:53 PM
JoshFSM
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NA-T Nearing Completion

Whats going on yall, my name is Josh and im a new member form the Pennsylvania Area. I bought a 92 Sc 5spd for a beater, and after a couple months of it being ****-slow, i just could not resist doing a few mods to it. My shop (www.fsmoto.com) has been working primarily on higher end of Honda/Acura, but have been doing quite a few supra's/Sc ever since i picked this one up. We are using a boostlogic manifold for now, but we we will be bringing the nicest manifold available for a ge motor to the public with the help of www.full-race.com. I plan to do a dyno comparison with just a manifold swap in the future, as well as a few other comparisons. This car is intent to still be my daily driver, so im really concerned with making big pump gas #s. All fabrication on this setup is done in house, with the exception of the manifold....Here is a little rundown on the setup:

Stock Block GE
Cometic 2.5mm Headgasket
ARP Headstuds
HKS camgears
BL Manifold
AEM EMS
HKS DLI
PT61 w/ S housing
HKS WG
Precision 780cc Injectors(small tip)
Modified GE Rail
SX FPR
Twin Walbros
Single -8 Feed, -6 return
SX Regulator
PWR 57mm Radiator
FAL Fans
AEM WB
Turbosmart E-Boost 2 (really nice piece btw)
FSM Spec 4in Downpipe
FSM Spec SS Intercooler Piping
FSM Spec 4in Exhaust/Midpipe w/ Burns muffler
Precision 750hp Intercooler
Competition Clutch Stage 5+

Now im sure most of you are wondering why I am doing a 4in dp and exhaust. A little overkill, i know, but when you own a shop that is what people want to see. When the trans breaks, im gonna step to the 71 and the 6spd. But for now i wanted something that will spool fast and just be fun to drive in general. I would love to make 600whp on the 61, which shouldnt be bad to do considering quite a few of our Honda customers make thast kind of power on the 61. For wheels/suspension, im using Tein Flex and Gold Volk GTC's .We should have the car done in another 2 weeks, sucks to not have time to work on it much. Heres a few pics of the current state of the car, comments/criticism welcome

Josh
Old 07-31-05, 01:57 PM
JoshFSM
Pole Position

Last edited by JoshFSM; 07-31-05 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-31-05, 02:01 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn man - looking good

Jonny
Old 07-31-05, 02:20 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

tell me more about that pt61...what kind of power should that make on pump gas and 15psi?...also what kind of spool should it get?..just curious
Jeff
Old 07-31-05, 02:26 PM
JoshFSM
Pole Position

Dx3--Thanks bro, i love the color of your sc btw...

sc300- The PT61 comes with 2 different housing options. This is the bigger of the 2 w/ a 4in inlet and 2.5in outlet. I am expectin to make boost at 3200 and full boost by 3500ish. I am speculating though, usually the single cars we do are using something much bigger. All in all, this is a killer turbo for the street and will always be in boost. We have a couple 67's in stock and was contemplating putting one on there, but i think id rather have more fun than power. Id take a broad powerband over a big number anyday. Im hoping for 420-450ish on 15psi. HTH
Old 07-31-05, 02:36 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

simply amazing.
Old 07-31-05, 04:15 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Talking

we we will be bringing the nicest manifold available for a ge motor to the public
So this means in addition to the manifold being properly hot-jet ceramic coated, it will have equal length headers and be cast steel correct?
Old 07-31-05, 05:55 PM
JoshFSM
Pole Position

Yes, the manifold will be made from 8 gauge stainless, have equal length runners, robotic tig welds and a true 6-1 merge collector, which is what really makes the power. .We are one of the largest dealers for full-race in the country, so we are working together to produce this manifold. They have the best manifolds on the planet, wether it be for honda, toyota, mitsu, volkswagon. I know thats a bold statement, but i would love someone to show me one better. The best part about the robo-tig is that it does 95% penetration, which is near impossible by hand. Doing this results in no bead on the inside of the runner, which would restrict flow. The manifold will be very similar to this one:
Old 07-31-05, 07:28 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

and how much does that turbo go for?..what would be the next step up from there?...a 63?...thanks for the info
Jeff
Old 07-31-05, 07:36 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

should be interesting when that manifold comes out i might have to give it a try when i go to a bigger turbo. do you plan on making it an option as to what turbo flange is on the manifold? whats the largest turbo you think might make it onto this manifold? and last but not least do you have any idea on a price range?

edit: one more question.... what about turbo placement relative to the turbo clearing the distributor?
Old 07-31-05, 07:40 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

BadAss manifold!!!!! I need one of those!!!!!

BTW I like the cam gears w/ the matching flip flop on the valve cover. NICE!

Jordan
Old 07-31-05, 08:07 PM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

dude its lookin great , good luck with the turbo plans
Old 07-31-05, 08:49 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

now THAT is how its supposed to be done!! everyone make a note, and bookmark this thread!! lookin good!
Old 07-31-05, 11:56 PM
JoshFSM
Pole Position

sc300- those turbos go for around 850 with the upgraded housing, The only difference with the 63 is the wheel is bigger. The 61 is way more efficient and there is only a minimal difference horsepower wise, but cost wise is another story.

Thanks guys....I thought the paint on the valvecovers was gonna look ricey, but when they were done it actually looks good.

The manifold is obviously going to be the high end of N/A manifolds. I dont want to **** anyone off by this becoming a sales type thread, so pm me for more info
Old 08-01-05, 12:10 AM
happypanda
Lead Lap

very nice...keep us updated wit the progress..and specially ...PICS

Quick Reply: NA-T Nearing Completion