Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Looking for help, I/E suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-05, 10:04 PM
Lucky Devin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for help, I/E suggestions

Hello all, I am the owner of a '94 SC300 AT. I have had the car for a little over a month now, and am planning on doing some slight modifications to begin with. My first question is regarding a cold air intake system. Upon doing some general searches not only here at ClubLexus, but at many of the links provided, the Injen intake caught my eye. However I also did read something rather fascinating about what was called a "BFI" intake. Let me explain what I am wanting out of the intake system before I receive a suggestion. I'm not looking for any real HP gains or noticable improvement in speed, as I am trying to be realistic here. HP gains are welcome of course, but mainly the sound that the intake would produce is a huge factor for me. I've heard a sound clip of the "BFI" and it sounded mean....in a good way. Injen is a decently reputable company, but the cheapest I have seen the kit from them is $200 or so. Does anyone here have the Injen setup? Is it worth the money?

My other question is regarding the rear section of the exhaust. I'm not looking for a full cat-back just yet. I'd love to have the JIC system, but I can't pony up that kind of money right now. I just would like some nice, clean looking, strong but understated sounding mufflers. Again, I'm not looking for huge HP gains here. I've heard clips of the Borla and the Magnaflows, and I must say I really like both, but the latter really got my attention due to its looks. I think the pipes are super-clean looking. I have searched many places on the internet, but can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. Either that, or the price is too high when I do find what I'm looking for. Any suggestion or link would be much, much appreciated. Even a different brand suggestion that fits my criteria is welcomed as well.

I hope you guys can help me out, Ciao.