Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Akimoto intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-01, 01:50 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Anybody have experience with or know anything about a Racing Sports Akimoto intake system?

Have seen a lot of mention of RMM and SRT systems and I already ordered MAF adapter but just ran across this site. They have a setup for the SC4 - which by itself is unusual - it's $279.95 - mandrel bent seamless alum tube, filter, hardware, etc.

BUT - I don't see any mention of air flow meter - I'm assuming that it fits on the end where the MAF adapter would go - the pitcures make it look too long - but no telling what application the pictured one is for?

I'm considering since SRT doesn't have one for the SC4 and also assuming (maybe incorrectly) that it would be improvement over adapter and filter alone?

Any info would be appreciated - TIA
Old 07-04-01, 06:26 PM
TRE
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not 100% sure but it is not for the SC 400. They advertise the SC but when it gets down to it we have limited toys for our rides. Just wait a while for Srt to come out with their unit of get an Apexi feul air management system afc or sfc at www.apexi.com they have info on the gs web site posted by "Banana" with info on apexi.
Old 07-04-01, 09:18 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Default understand skepticism

TRE - understand - I've been searching for SC4 stuff for awhile now - maybe it's a hoax - but there's a part number in their catalog. I printed the catalog and they list what appears to be the entire group of Lex models - each with a corresponding part number. I would like to get some objective feedback before pulling the trigger.
Old 07-07-01, 09:35 AM
MySCzToOPHaT

Befor anyone gets their hopes up, I must sadly report that Akimoto does NOT make an intake for the SC300 or 400. They do have it listed in their parts catelog with a part #. But it is not available and wont be "ever" This is what I have been told by the reps at Akimoto when I called to order.... I guess we'll jus have to settle for the Blitz intake or K&N fipk. IF anyone knows of another intake available, please post it.... thank you
Old 07-07-01, 10:21 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow kit coming soon

I am putting together a kit which will include:

Aluminum heat shield box
3" or 3.5" stainless pipe to replace plastic between Airflow Meter housing and intake manifold.
All connecting hardware
Intake RamAir to box system (install in bumper area)

The MAF & Filter may be included if I can get a deal on them in bulk, otherwise get them from Custom Images.

This will be a complete kit and details, pictures and instructions will be posted when around July 18.

Parts will be professionally made, Ramair is powdercoated in automotive grade black epoxy. Heat shield box can be left in aluminum or powdercoated in gloss black, flat black or black texture - all automotive grade.

Contact me at lexus@mycrobyte.com if you have any questions.
Old 07-07-01, 01:13 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs down *****

You’re right, MySC – the Spider Performance catalog is where I saw the listing – I asked them to verify its availability and what kind of gains they estimated - someone from there e-mailed me yesterday with the bad news – only they told him that it was still “in testing”. I guess that’s the automotive equivalent of vaporware. So we just keep on wishin’ and hoping, and wishin’ and hoping …. I wonder if there are any other cars on the planet with FEWER performance parts available??