Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Skyrocketing price of xerd headers.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-05, 03:20 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by pilip99
guys have you asked the moderators yet? pm static911 or doublewhoosh, b4 the thread gets locked
Thanks Philip, you are correct.

Mike you're new here (welcome!) and will certainly cut you a break on not knowning the rules this first time... ALL group buys without exception need to be run through approved ClubLexus vendors. If there is a new vendor - especially one that does not overlap offering from existing CL vendors - that has a product and wants to become an approved vendor PM me. Otherwise we've got lots of existing CL vendors to approach that I suspect that can get that stuff (LuxuryMods (Mr Lexo) above is one who sounds like he'd be interested in supporting the GB if he can get his hands on the product for a decent price.
Old 09-08-05, 05:51 PM
Mikethe1st
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Lexo said he hasn't heard from Xerd in awhile when they have already contacted me about becoming a retailer. Luxurymods isn't listed as a dealer for Xerd, and the only other retailer of the headers is NAPerformance. Its not worth it to become a dealer just to support one single groupbuy while not making any profit. The company to talk to about the groupbuy would be NAPerformance. The group buys i've done in the past only cost me $10 from the forum's and I didnt make a single dollar. So if its money you're after give it to someone else so they can charge us more for the headers. FYI here's what I received from Xerd.

"Retail pricing on the sc300 header is $499.00. The main reason for pricing going up is that the cost of stainless steel has gone up a lot in the last year and i kept the pricing low for as long as i could.

With pricing going up again in the last couple of months and the changes in economy i had to change the pricing accordingly.

Another factor that added to the price change is the new discount program we are offering. Retail might be higher but dealers can still purchase at a lower price. It is up to the dealers how much they want to sell them for.

In order to become a dealer a buy in is required. The buy in amount is $3,000 to get 30% off retail, $5,000 buy in to get 35%, $7,500 to get 40% and $10,000 to get 45%.

Right now we are out of stock for the sc300 headers, we should be getting the next shipment within 8-10 weeks. Keep in mind that last time we got a shipment it was sold out within 2 weeks.

Let me know if you would like to sign up as a dealer."

Last edited by Mikethe1st; 09-08-05 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-08-05, 06:05 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikethe1st
Mr. Lexo said he hasn't heard from Xerd in awhile when they have already contacted me about becoming a retailer. Its not worth it to become a vendor just to support one single groupbuy while not making any profit. The group buys i've done in the past only cost me $10 from the forum's and I didnt make a single dollar. So if its money you're after give it to someone else so they can charge us more for the headers. FYI here's what I received from Xerd.

"Retail pricing on the sc300 header is $499.00. The main reason for pricing going up is that the cost of stainless steel has gone up a lot in the last year and i kept the pricing low for as long as i could.

With pricing going up again in the last couple of months and the changes in economy i had to change the pricing accordingly.

Another factor that added to the price change is the new discount program we are offering. Retail might be higher but dealers can still purchase at a lower price. It is up to the dealers how much they want to sell them for.

In order to become a dealer a buy in is required. The buy in amount is $3,000 to get 30% off retail, $5,000 buy in to get 35%, $7,500 to get 40% and $10,000 to get 45%.

Right now we are out of stock for the sc300 headers, we should be getting the next shipment within 8-10 weeks. Keep in mind that last time we got a shipment it was sold out within 2 weeks.

Let me know if you would like to sign up as a dealer."

OK, maybe my message wasn't clear enough in asking to to stop the discussion of non- approved GBs on the forum. This thread is closed, any questions PM me.

Mike, I understand that you say you aren't planning on making a profit, but XERD or NAPerformance absolutely is. and XERD or NAPerformance (like you) are also not a CL-approved sponsor... in order to use our forums and membership to make a profit through a GB like this, the vendor (or manufacturer in this case) has to help keep ClubLexus up and running for all our members to enjoy, simple as that. CL is not a giant money-making venture and we're in the red every month on operating expenses. It's kept up and running because the owners pay for the difference out of their own pocket and it isn't fair to them for Xerd to skirt our forum rules like this to make the GB happen for their own profit.

Additionally, we want an established brick-and-mortar store behind GBs on our forum. No offense, but you are a new CL joiner who is nearly a complete unknown and we will not support that risk for our members.