Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help me with this clutch noise...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-05, 07:16 PM
deruvian
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xevuhtess7
dont mean to hijack but it is slightly related: how exactly ar eyou going to go about flushing the clutch fluid? is there a bleeder screw similar to the brakes?
Off topic, yeah, but it's no biggy. Any other discussions should be taken to PM or a new thread.

I have not flushed it on the SC3, but yes, almost all cars have a bleeder nipple. The procedure that I perform is the same for the brakes (all 4 at the same time):
- Loosen the nut on the bleeder nipple, and attach an appropriately sized tube to the nipple. Put the tube in a container of some sort.
- Remove the lid for the clutch fluid reservoir, and, if needed, put a funnel over the reservoir.
- Get in the car, and start pumping the clutch pedal. Take it slow...
- Have a buddy stay outside the car and add fluid to the reservoir when necessary.
- Continue until the fluid that is coming out of the tube is nice and clear.

This way, you flush out all of the old fluid, and do not need to bleed out the air! If your buddy does his job right, no air will even make it into the lines.
Old 10-13-05, 07:24 PM
deruvian
Driver

Originally Posted by NPSC303
I was refering to the noise when moving it. There are actually two sounds, one is like a faint chirp that it does almost always. The other is a very loud sound like a door creeping open slowly (if i depress the pedal slowly) That one is embarrasing, as you can clearly hear it loudly eminating from beneath the vehicle. Though that one only happens about 50% of the time, maybe a little more...
Yeah, I have the same squeaking sound sometimes. Pretty normal I'd say; just a squeaky pedal assembly.
Old 10-13-05, 08:07 PM
NPSC303
Lead Lap

Took the car to toyota today, my tech used some of this "advanced" "german" lubricant (sort of like silicone spray) on some of the links in the bellhousing. The noise is gone for now, i'll see how long it takes to come back. Though it would be wonderful if it didn't re-appear.

I still have the winding sound when the clutch is not depressed. I have basically come to terms with this sound though, as it is not nearly as obnoxious. I also believe this sound will be gone once i've swapped transmissions in the next year or so.
Old 10-24-06, 02:24 PM
LyFeWoRx
Pole Position

Did you ever fix this problem?