Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Clutch kit recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-05, 06:08 PM
nism0
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch kit recommendations?

I need to replace my clutch before it goes completely. I cant decide between the ACT Heavy Duty modified street disc kit or the ACT Heavy Duty 6-puck disc kit.

I drive the car everyday about 80 miles to and from work everyday in traffic so I’m am not sure which one to get.

Also I am getting a 1JZ very soon and plan to keep my stock transmission so I was wondering if the ACT Heavy Duty modified street disc kit would be enough for the 1JZ or would I need the ACT Heavy Duty 6-puck disc kit with the 1JZ.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Old 09-22-05, 06:26 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nism0
I need to replace my clutch before it goes completely. I cant decide between the ACT Heavy Duty modified street disc kit or the ACT Heavy Duty 6-puck disc kit.

I drive the car everyday about 80 miles to and from work everyday in traffic so I’m am not sure which one to get.

Also I am getting a 1JZ very soon and plan to keep my stock transmission so I was wondering if the ACT Heavy Duty modified street disc kit would be enough for the 1JZ or would I need the ACT Heavy Duty 6-puck disc kit with the 1JZ.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
this alone tells me you do NOT need the 6 puck disc. you're going to hate driving everyday in traffic with that. i have the ACT street clutch and i love it. you can feel the pressure increase over stock and it's been bulletproof for me so far. i'd really recommend that for you unless you plan on going all out on your car and making it like a billion horsepower, in which case 6 puck. but, since you're not going for a billion horsepower, street disc.
Old 09-23-05, 09:20 AM
nism0
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adidosc
this alone tells me you do NOT need the 6 puck disc. you're going to hate driving everyday in traffic with that. i have the ACT street clutch and i love it. you can feel the pressure increase over stock and it's been bulletproof for me so far. i'd really recommend that for you unless you plan on going all out on your car and making it like a billion horsepower, in which case 6 puck. but, since you're not going for a billion horsepower, street disc.
Thanks for the info, everyone was telling me that the 6-puck would not be a good idea for my car, since i drive it alot everyday, but i was just unsure if i would still be able to use the modified street disc with the 1JZ.