Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1.5jz Ge??!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-05, 09:04 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the last two posts have great info... the first left out some things, but the second filled in the gaps. although i think that most of it has been covered in the thread already. the only other false info i see is the part about sourcing parts.... its not that hard.
Old 11-06-05, 09:36 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just go to clubna-t.com they have covered all the in and out over and over again.
in the end i think from what i remember it is posible but totaly worthless. you would get insane spool but hit a wall at the top.
just search over there and you will learn everything plus it will kill atleast 3 hours at work reading all the posts on the 1.5jz-gte, and the 3jzgte, and more. enjoy
Old 11-15-05, 11:47 AM
Kaukau
Driver

Post Where are the real thread for 1.5J

I used a function of "search" in NA-T forum about 1.5J issues, but I cannot find any...
Would be helpful that telling me where are they. Thank you for your concerning.

Last edited by Kaukau; 11-18-05 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-15-05, 07:13 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

im suprised u didn't find anything, if you go down to the section for na-tt i think is what it says there are many threads right there. also i found more actual names and dyno #'s for the 1.5 on planet soarer. you have to scroll really far down on the dyno page to find them and there are only about four of them but the #'s sound pretty good.
Old 11-15-05, 07:17 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

try these
http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23
http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120
hope these help i know there are more if you look harder, but with so many posts its often hard to find exactly what you want. good luck
Old 11-17-05, 12:49 PM
Kaukau
Driver

Smile I am looking for...

a solution or information for a heat on oil temprature.

GE doesnt have an oil squirters, so... oil feed and return to the GE block...for that will need some cornice or braided horses and some sort of flanges to bolt them up to GE...plus some oil lines moddification will be needed for that... Thats an information I need and anyone there mentioned how to do that or how its done so... I could not find any information for those issue there for that... Some of my post even deleted on the NA-tt forum...haha...I dont mind...at the first place, I cannot use English as normal people do anyway... maybe my posts were useless, they thought. whatever...I dont mind. No offense to them. Thats their truf and they are the rules...so I dont dare to join there much. Some of people there are nice, I know. Thats good enough.

Problem is GE doesnt come like GTE...2JZGTE is just way too expensive to have... JP or AU, UK, NZ guys can get both GTE motors cheap so that they do 1.5J mod. not in states...thats the key...I personally think...if I have a GTE bottom, I go with 1.5J 120% sure. Its proved that perform better than 1JZ plus like 440cc, fuel pump, + com mod.

Thank you, ATL-SC very much for being so supportive for me like a weired person. Always appreciated your thoughtful message or replies. I guess I figure it out by myself.. no points to read up those big heads comments...I just cant wait to hear till from actual person have done 1.5JGE... Thank you anyway. Best regards,

Last edited by Kaukau; 11-17-05 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-18-05, 10:32 AM
Kaukau
Driver

Question Questions

I have a couple check-figure questions:

I read almost all 1.5J threads...I need accurate information or hear from someone has done 1.5JGE.

1 . Does a 1JZ head bolt correctly to a GE block.
2: Dose the GE block have oil feed that is already tapped.
3: If the turbos are vacuum why not use the existing wiring harness and plug the 1JZ CPU into the car harness.
4: Will the 1JZ accept the distributor from the GE block or is there not enough room, if that's the case than I understand the wiring part.
5: Can I bring this together under $2500 (DIY) or should I go out and get a 3rd gen RX7?

Thank you for your help.
Old 11-18-05, 10:55 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

my understanding is you treat the swap just like a 1JZ swap. You remove anything off the GE block that makes it, GE, and put in the GTE crank sensor, and bolt it back to the 1JZ head and setup like its the 2.5 block?
Old 11-22-05, 09:10 AM
Kaukau
Driver

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
my understanding is you treat the swap just like a 1JZ swap. You remove anything off the GE block that makes it, GE, and put in the GTE crank sensor, and bolt it back to the 1JZ head and setup like its the 2.5 block?
I hope I get a real voice from someone who has done a 1.5J swap...otherwise this seems like noone even can answer my simple questions... I guess I have to figure it by myself...ah well...
By the way, did you swap your 1JZ onto your car by yourself? Hope you get my points on my question...(no offense)
Old 11-22-05, 09:16 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

yeah i had a electrical shop extend my harness, and my dad help me balance the motor into the engine bay, but i did everything all myself. It was easy. I'm doing another one in a month or so when the motor comes in, ill take step by step pics for everyone this time
Old 11-22-05, 01:24 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaukau
I have a couple check-figure questions:

I read almost all 1.5J threads...I need accurate information or hear from someone has done 1.5JGE.

1 . Does a 1JZ head bolt correctly to a GE block.
2: Dose the GE block have oil feed that is already tapped.
3: If the turbos are vacuum why not use the existing wiring harness and plug the 1JZ CPU into the car harness.
4: Will the 1JZ accept the distributor from the GE block or is there not enough room, if that's the case than I understand the wiring part.
5: Can I bring this together under $2500 (DIY) or should I go out and get a 3rd gen RX7?

Thank you for your help.
1.yes
2. no, it needs to be tapped off the bolt on the oil filter assembly. you will need to tap that bolt but from an is300 and put it in the original ones place.
3. because the pins are different on the ecu's and the 1jz setup runs a map where as the 2jz uses a maf.
4. no you dont use a distributor, the 1jz uses a coil on plug design.
5. yeah u can do it for that much or even less, if you arent capable of doing by just researching and searching different word sets that will answer your question then i wouldnt suggest an rx7. i've worked on them for the past 5 years, they are like best friends, if you dont spend a lot of time with them then they wont treat u right. the fc and fd setups are horrific to have to take care of. Just maintaining the motor at a slightly tuned manor will eat up a lot of dough. the 2,3,4 rotor motors arent all that they're cracked up to be...i like them but most of the time you fix them more than you drive them.
Old 11-23-05, 01:11 PM
Kaukau
Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by vipsoarer
1.yes
2. no, it needs to be tapped off the bolt on the oil filter assembly. you will need to tap that bolt but from an is300 and put it in the original ones place.
3. because the pins are different on the ecu's and the 1jz setup runs a map where as the 2jz uses a maf.
4. no you dont use a distributor, the 1jz uses a coil on plug design.
5. yeah u can do it for that much or even less, if you arent capable of doing by just researching and searching different word sets that will answer your question then i wouldnt suggest an rx7. i've worked on them for the past 5 years, they are like best friends, if you dont spend a lot of time with them then they wont treat u right. the fc and fd setups are horrific to have to take care of. Just maintaining the motor at a slightly tuned manor will eat up a lot of dough. the 2,3,4 rotor motors arent all that they're cracked up to be...i like them but most of the time you fix them more than you drive them.
Great, thanks for the information.
Rx-7s are...yes, need a lot of maintainance also depending on how you take care of... Had a custom built 2 FCs before.
Old 11-23-05, 01:20 PM
Kaukau
Driver

Smile Hmm...

"The head bolts right up as if it was factory. Umm 1JZ's don't use's distributors(coil packs...better) As far as wiring is just extend the 1jz harness to the 1jz computer. All the plugs are the same as the GE harness so wiring is a breeze. I have a GE block, why, it came with the car, besides coated pistons and oil squiters no diff btween ge and gte. F1 cars dont have oil squiters... And you can get gte pistons for nothing. If I am going beyond a limit, I will go AEM. Maybe not E-manage gabage type sorts...

All what I would need is to buy 1jz head. So buy a motor which can be had for like 1k and have spare parts like an alternator ps pump etsc...to sell off and make money. New 2jz timing belt( $40) 2jz HG($ forgot) Can this be done for under 2500. Very much YES.
FD's are just made for a sports, not comfortable type like SC's ..."

I close my mouse around here...thank you.
Old 11-23-05, 01:30 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
yeah i had a electrical shop extend my harness, and my dad help me balance the motor into the engine bay, but i did everything all myself. It was easy. I'm doing another one in a month or so when the motor comes in, ill take step by step pics for everyone this time
Please do. i just put the down payment on mine this morning!!! im so excited its out of a soarer w/ 5speed and all. but because of funding being used for too much beer, haha i have to wait till this summer to do the install.
Old 11-23-05, 01:39 PM
Kaukau
Driver

Smile some pics

Last edited by Kaukau; 11-23-05 at 01:52 PM.

Quick Reply: 1.5jz Ge??!