Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1.5jz Ge??!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-05, 04:27 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.5jz Ge??!

Would it be possible to put the 1JZ head on a 2GE motor? Benefits would be more displacement of course, but what about the added compression? Those stocker turbos on high compression would make some massive hp i would think..
Old 10-08-05, 04:58 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol..... are you serious?
Old 10-08-05, 05:44 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

there is a reason why toyota didnt put the GE pistons in the GTE! think about these things before you ask them.
Old 10-09-05, 03:23 AM
Sil.n.Ex
Driver School Candidate

Sorry, but for starters, the head doesn't increase displacement, the bottom end does. If anything, as somebody pointed out, adding the 1JZ head would be pointless at most other than saying that you did it. The GE pistons are nowhere near as strong as the GTE since they were made to take forced induction. So basically you're adding a new head for the turbos to a block thatwasn't made to take turbos equals something blowing up. Just do a true 1.5JZ or 2JZ and be done with it.
Old 10-09-05, 08:11 AM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

I beg to differ. If you go on SF, some guys have put tt heads on GE blocks and use a thicker head gasket to lower the compression. So its the same thing. Just like when you go NA-T, you use a thicker head gasket to lower the compression. Would it make sense to do so, its up to you. But could it work, yes. A 1.5jz is the same wether you use a ge or gte block. Same displacement. Just make sure you use a thicker head gasket with the ge block.
Old 10-09-05, 08:13 PM
RADSC
Driver

Default 1.5 ge

do you mean 1.5jzgte?

if so, been done....head over to SF MKIII
Old 10-09-05, 08:43 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RADSC
do you mean 1.5jzgte?

if so, been done....head over to SF MKIII

no, he is cheap... he wants to use his stock 2JZ-GE block with his 1JZ head.

wayne, you have a point, but personally, i wouldnt waste my time. at the very least, i would change over to TT pistons and rods. then again, if your only in the stock 1J boost, it wont really matter.
Old 10-09-05, 09:44 PM
RADSC
Driver

Default 1.5jzgte

Yeah,
it's been done.

increases the displacement comparable to 2jzgte.

a few U.S. guys have done it and the Aussie guys did it first.
Old 10-10-05, 07:30 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

I wanted to slap a 1JZGTE head on a 2JZGE motor since i have one laying around. The increased displacement and compression would spool the heck out of the factory turbos at very low rpms and probably make the car haul @$$$$$. It would just need some kind of aftermarket crank trigger system to run the ignition, unless u can fit a 2jzgte system on there. I would keep it stock compression and stock 8psi on the turbos. Its just an idea. The blocks just identify themselves as 2JZ, not ge or gte, so i dont see why fitment would be different? Heck with alot of work it would probably make one heck of a nice n/a setup (remove turbos and fit 2jzge aftermarket header on it).
Old 10-10-05, 09:13 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

you make no sense
Old 10-10-05, 09:49 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

well the 1JZ head and harness runs off a crank trigger for the ignition, the 2jzge is distributor.. I dunno if the 2jzge has the sensor on the block or not, i didnt do any research. The increased displacement using the high compression 2JZGE with 1JZ head and stock turbos would cut down the lag dramatically, and i'm sure at stock PSI it could handle it without a thicker headgasket.

Just like doing a 1.5JZ using a GTE block, ppl claim 50hp? additional from the displacement, well what about increased compression also? I'm sure with a stock GE block and 1jz head and setup would yeild quite a nice gain in HP compared to a stock 1JZGTE or stock 1.5JZGTE.. Granted you'd be limited by how much PSI u can run due to the high compression, but i bet it would be a nice alternative to a NA-T setup and still get 300+ hp without someone spending gobs of money to get just a decent street setup, nothing high hp.

Its just an idea.. How much hp does a GTE motor make without a turbo? maybe 150? Well with a GE setup your starting out with 200hp.. I bet it would make a nice 300-350hp setup thats 100% reliable and daily driveable.
Old 10-10-05, 10:12 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
i didnt do any research.

thats your problem right there!! you have no idea whe your talking about. first off, the gte and ge blocks are different.. one has oil squerters for better lubrication. that a bit important. it would bolt right up. you dont need to worry about the dist. because that is on the ge head, so it wont be there. another thing... there is no problem with lag on the 1JZ.... especially on stock boost. if you have ever seen chino's car under full throttle, you would know this. no one knows how much the gte will make without the turbos because its not made for no boost. are you even hearing yourself? oh, and the ge is rated at 225 for your info. i hope your taking notes... dont be a putz!!
Old 10-11-05, 07:28 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

wow thanks for giving me exact specs, i was just giving general... Well how much power a motor makes off boost is kinda important, what do u do before u get full boost, sit around and wait? I know the differences in the blocks like oil squirters, but people always say the 1JZ-2JZGTE block combo is good for big hp.. what about ppl that dont have tons of $$$$ but still want boost?

A 1.5JZ-GE would be an idea to try at least, i mean your alredy starting off with alot more hp then the GTE off boost (yes that makes a difference), and you'll still have a good flowing head and twin turbos. I'm not saying it will make a 500hp motor, but it would make one hell of a responsive 3-350hp motor with alot of torque.

It's just an idea to do with motors laying around the garage, chill..
Old 10-11-05, 07:39 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man.... u guys really slammed him hard.... Take it easy. I thought he was just throwing the idea out there...
Old 10-11-05, 07:57 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Yeah its just an idea, gosh. It would be the same as doing an NA-T, but with a 1JZ head, intake, and turbo setup. I dont see why it wouldnt work, and will probably work darn good.

Quick Reply: 1.5jz Ge??!