Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

A/C system diagnostics- Need codes.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-08, 01:04 PM
neodymium
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 818sc400
hey im also getting 43. lemme know if you fix it n how you did it
Hmmm, so you recharged your a/c, then 2 months later you get code 43 and blow warm air? Did you read code 43 before/after the car started blowing warm air?. The air outlet servomotor circuit failure shouldn't affect your air temp, just control of where the air is going to, like the vent, floor, etc...
Old 08-19-08, 10:07 AM
rudedog35
Pole Position

Originally Posted by neodymium
Hmmm, so you recharged your a/c, then 2 months later you get code 43 and blow warm air? Did you read code 43 before/after the car started blowing warm air?. The air outlet servomotor circuit failure shouldn't affect your air temp, just control of where the air is going to, like the vent, floor, etc...
ok i had my car service and they added a pound on coldness... and it is cold but when i hit the gas and go down the street for a while my light ac light blinks..i turn it off and restart my ac, and it is good, but when i check my code i get 43... i know it is a AIR OUTLET DOOR SERVOMOTER CIRCUIT, my question is this can this be fixed myself? and without having to loose all the freon, and having to re-add freon?... Thanks

Last edited by rudedog35; 08-19-08 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-25-08, 03:05 PM
neodymium
Rookie

Based on your blinking AC light, it sounds like you have code 22 as well. You're not reading that code because it only displays when the condition is current, meaning your engine has to actually be on and you have to be in the diagnostic check mode. Anyway, that is probably why you are blowing warm air. Code 43 shouldn't affect the air temp. Code 22 is caused by 1.bad compressor 2.Drive belt tension or 3.Compressor lock circuit.
Old 08-30-08, 12:48 PM
818sc400
Lead Lap

well it read 00 so i went to recharged. worked great at first. ice cold!. then 1 month later it was not cold anymore. got code 43. i can still send the air where ever. floor vent etc. its jus not cold. im not gettin any other codes.

Last edited by 818sc400; 08-30-08 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-31-08, 05:49 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to hijack this thread ,but if i get codes 21,22,23,24,25,26,27 does that mean i can remove my AC?

Or is it still worth fixing?
Old 07-09-09, 11:35 PM
66fasty
Driver

Back form the dead!My 93 sc400 is showing a code 21(even with my led flashlight pointing on the solar sensor) and a code 43,The a/c just started blowing hot air 2 days ago.before that it was ice cold.The compressor still kicks on when the a/c is turned on.Anybody know which servo I should be looking at?It beeps when it displays both codes also.
Thanks,
Philip
Old 09-29-09, 06:30 PM
SCVIP300
Pole Position

well i seem to have 1-uped everyone elses issue... hopefully someone knows/has experienced this before:

i just got my alarm installed, ( and so yes i thought it would be the installers fault)---still do....

my climate control works 50%

my heat works, a/c works, and different modes work along with the screen

my issue is i normally drive around at 69-72 degrees, NO a/c, open circulation....
esentially just blowing ambient air for circulation..

after i got the alarm installed i did the same by turning the fan on and HOT AIR!! i can hear the valve open up to circulate from the engine block!!

the ONLY way my air comes out remotely "ambient" is a max cool.
and with the A/C on it DOES blow cold.... and other "6X-8X' temp blows out hot air!!

any input??
THanks
Old 09-29-09, 07:20 PM
SCVIP300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SCVIP300
well i seem to have 1-uped everyone elses issue... hopefully someone knows/has experienced this before:

i just got my alarm installed, ( and so yes i thought it would be the installers fault)---still do....

my climate control works 50%

my heat works, a/c works, and different modes work along with the screen

my issue is i normally drive around at 69-72 degrees, NO a/c, open circulation....
esentially just blowing ambient air for circulation..

after i got the alarm installed i did the same by turning the fan on and HOT AIR!! i can hear the valve open up to circulate from the engine block!!

the ONLY way my air comes out remotely "ambient" is a max cool.
and with the A/C on it DOES blow cold.... and other "6X-8X' temp blows out hot air!!

any input??
THanks

ok, well i seemed to find out some info.... i have codes 11 and 21 come up....

but from ive read on other threads is that it should be the ambient temp sensor, since i get one extreme of cold or one of hot only...

anyone?
Old 09-29-09, 07:21 PM
SCVIP300
Pole Position

What vwynn is saying is that if your ambient temp sensor fails, the air coming out will be either max cool or max hot but no in between. However, the manual disagrees (not saying I do) because checking this circuit is not part of diagnosing "No temperature control, only max cool or max hot". In any case, yes your temp circuit failure is a possible cause to your air temp problem-according to the diagnostic chart.
any idea where they are located?

i have codes 11 and 21

but i should have 12 according to what you wrote??
Old 05-31-11, 01:34 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Bumping this thread because I have a problem similar to a person who posted in here. I have a new compressor/drier installed and my system is charged but blowing hot air with only a code 43 registering. I can still fully control the direction of airflow (face, feet, etc). I understand that code 43 corresponds to the "Air Outlet Door Servomotor Circuit" which should not have anything to do with air temperature but I don't understand why I am registering it when my directional control is still flawless. Any input? I'm tired of sweating my *** off in this car. I'm really starting to hate driving!

Last edited by BartleDoo; 05-31-11 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-31-11, 02:02 PM
sebasc300
Driver

^^ I would disregard the code 43 as my car is throwing the same code and my ac blows fine after replacing the compressor two weeks ago.

Have you inspected the wiring at the compressor as well as the high pressure switch?

After replacimg my compressor I had the same issue ( compressor would not turn on ) further investigation revealed that one of the wires leading to the compressor was cut.
Old 05-31-11, 02:07 PM
NjLexSc400
Driver School Candidate

saw this thread pop up

my a/c blows hot air and the rpm kick up to 2000 but no cool airflow. what gives?
Old 05-31-11, 02:22 PM
sebasc300
Driver

^ 2000 rpm? Have you checked your freon level? When you turn the ac on do you see the ac compressor clutch spinning? If not you may be low on freon, or have a wiring issue. Inspect wires leading to the compressor.

Also check the a/c manetic clutch relay in the fusebox, you can swap it with the starter relay and rule that out.

Start with the easy things first.
Old 05-31-11, 02:29 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sebasc300
^^ I would disregard the code 43 as my car is throwing the same code and my ac blows fine after replacing the compressor two weeks ago.

Have you inspected the wiring at the compressor as well as the high pressure switch?

After replacimg my compressor I had the same issue ( compressor would not turn on ) further investigation revealed that one of the wires leading to the compressor was cut.
Yea I figured. My compressor turns on fine so I've really been leaning towards a clogged expansion valve since the system seemed less inclined to accept the freon than it normally should. I just really don't want to pull the dash ahhh. I wish I could convert to midget status when it came time to do work in the interior of the car.
Old 07-11-11, 05:53 PM
818sc400
Lead Lap

just got a code 23. anyone know how much to fix it or do i just need freon?

Quick Reply: A/C system diagnostics- Need codes.