Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

MY 475hp 1992 SC400 IS CRYING OUT FOR HEADERS, ANYONE PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-05, 09:30 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by verylost
I know this thread is a tough read, but if you go over it, Jibby initially claimed to be making nearly 500 hp and believes he will make 300 hp without nitrous. Compound that with his lack of writing skills, all the vultures have come out.
Actually, I edited my comments after further consideration. 410 at the crank on 150 shot is my edu guess.
Old 10-21-05, 10:07 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Werll, it's an improvement.....

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
The font size you see is the caps editor removing the all caps.
Glad to know CL has a built-in retard filter that automatically edits posts typed in ALL CAPS (looks like it didn't work for the tread title, though).
Sorry to see that it is set to still capitalize the first letter of each word, rather than the more readable "sentence case", where only the first word after each period is capitalized (MS-Word has had that option since the 90's).

Sorry for the off-topic discussion (but at least I learned something new).
Old 10-21-05, 10:22 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jbrady
Actually, I edited my comments after further consideration. 410 at the crank on 150 shot is my edu guess.
It was something like 218 or 222 or something like that on the motor. I do a lot of these so I don't remember specifically. The nitrous was jetted for a little over a 100hp, but I set it up kind of fat on the fuel side for safety's sake. And seeing now the true colors of the owner, that was a good thing. Obviously there was more power to be made, but the risk of course is not worth it, especially with our crappy pump gas here in CA. I always make sure things are setup for reliability, rather than maximum output. A good compromise and pretty decent power so who could really ask for more. I think he has run a good 40-50 bottles through this thing with no problems, so that shows that the install is setup good for unsupervised use with a nitrous neophyte that doesn't understand the dos and donts of nitrous, or for the most part, even how it works! Hard to tell what is really going through his head though with his cryptic writing skills.

Now he claims he took it somewhere else to dyno it and it made significantly more hp? Because I suck? Probably. That's a good one, as we all know his car has stock heads and cams. An air pump can only pump so much, and nothing more. Plus my "dyno place" which is down the street is R&D dyno, and the owner and I always go over everything very carefully when dynoing, taking all things into consideration like the intended use of the car, modifications, type of gas, even location where it will be used. Just FYI, the owner's name is Darren, and he has had a hand in quite a few successful cars, and I highly doubt anyone is going to squeeze any more significant power out of that thing than we did. Just a few of the cars he has had his hands on: Jeremy Lookofsky's 9 sec all motor civic; Norris Prayonto's 9 sec all motor Insight; Steph Papadakis' cars (all of them!); winner of one of the B-series shootout I think in Import Tuner magazine with all of the top engine builders in the industry pitting against each other; 4 digit powered v8's and 6 cyls are the norm there, and I have seen him able to extract the most power from those than anyone else who tinkered with the same cars previously.

But then again, I think we are not dealing with the typical poster man here. Poster boy maybe? I dunno

I just feel plain bad for the guy he is very gullible and tends to believe what everyone tells him.
Old 10-21-05, 10:23 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PERRYinLA
Glad to know CL has a built-in retard filter that automatically edits posts
It does? Someone should fix it
Old 10-21-05, 10:50 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jibbby
I told you there is other stuff I have done as well, I know they are 220-250hp stock, I dyno'd last at that you non believers! Yes they do ad up to 475HP I run with new vette's in this car I kid you not. What do I need to do to prove this is fact. Let me break it down again for uyou non crack smokers.

230hp stock
intake 15hp
exhaust 30hp
ecu 30 hp (stand alone on the way)
electric fan, pullies etc
other electric 20hp
Larger injectors high volume fuel pump.

Nos 125-175hp

Now ad it up!1!!!!1
This is a joke right?
Old 10-21-05, 10:51 AM
Dramon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bleh, I think everyond should just chill out.

The thread is at the point where no matter what jibby says will be wrong and everyone is nitpicking.

I'm not standing up for him necessarily, I just think that everyone is freakin out way too much.
Old 10-21-05, 10:51 AM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tm and his brilliance.

Todd I know exactly what is going on in my head and in your shop. I gave you perks on the nos job and yes you did install a safe system. However you know what you did with my piggy-back, control arm bushing, and your posted dyno's, and more which I care not to mention. Those dyno tests you posted or claim on my car was when it was running atleast 15% under full potential and a disconected apexi piggyback. Thanks for trying to ruin my credibility the only lier and crook here is Todd at Tm engineering. I may see in small claims court for the amount of $1500, is your shop that slow that you have to rip off your customers? Keep it up and see what happens. I am the one who is showing restraint like a Budda monk, but I am not going to take much more of this crap, you already have $1500 of my money and I have nothing but a disconnected piggy back unit, and some broken control arms with new daisen bushings to show for it. I have wasted alot of money with your suggestions that failed, and you know what I am talking about. I tell you this as a business man and an honest one at that, you keep screwing your customers over like you did me and you will not be in business much longer. I liked and trusted you Todd and you did all that to me, thanks alot I am gathering more written evidence on the crap that you pulled on my car, keep this crap up with all your groupy friends and I will see you in court. Don't mess, I was willing to let all this go, and not publically announce. Now your posting up old dyno's when you had my car running like crap and a disconnected apexi piggy back, to ruin my credibility. Todd you are out of line and should set the record straight on this. Also you have not seen my car and what I have done to it since you had it. Now go screw up someone elses lexus and leave me alone!!!!!

For you people who are criticising my spelling I applogize I am not an english major and most are typo's. I cannot believe this thread is still going, incredible, I ask for a set of headers on my fist post and I get all this, it was fun until Todd showed up. Did you guys no he called me last night and said my control arms are ready, a make up jesture perhaps? No thanks Todd, I have new supra lower control arms I will be putting in myself, I would not let you near my car with a ten foot pole. LATE- Anybody want some new daisen control arm bushings I will not be needing them anymore.
Old 10-21-05, 10:55 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by soarer5780
oh man this thread is never going to end hahahahaha.... but very entertaining

Yes it is. People keep posting rude comments so I'm closing it.

It's fine not to believe what someone posts (about their own vehicle or whatver). It's fine to question it, especially when you are constructive and analytical.

Where many have crossed and continue to cross the line is the mockery despite my very explicit warnings.

Gamer, your BS-o-meter pushed me into closing this thread.

Jibbby, when you're ready to dyno please PM me or start a new post. I think it would be great if we could set up a group dyno for all the ClubLexus owners in your area.