Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

MY 475hp 1992 SC400 IS CRYING OUT FOR HEADERS, ANYONE PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 12:46 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jibbby
I told you there is other stuff I have done as well, I know they are 220-250hp stock, I dyno'd last at that you non believers! Yes they do ad up to 475HP I run with new vette's in this car I kid you not. What do I need to do to prove this is fact. Let me break it down again for uyou non crack smokers.

230hp stock
intake 15hp
exhaust 30hp
ecu 30 hp (stand alone on the way)
electric fan, pullies etc
other electric 20hp
Larger injectors high volume fuel pump.

Nos 125-175hp

Now ad it up!1!!!!1
NOS 125 - 175 hp? Which one is it... sounds like you're doing fuzzy math. Why did you heat your nitrous bottle to 1400 psi like you mentioned earlier?? Why not just run a bigger nitrous jet ? The bottle could rupture at pressures that high. Just wondering
Old 10-20-05, 12:46 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by laxdude362
15 hp from intake?? 30hp from exhaust?? Try again man. You should only get around 15-20hp total if that for both. Luxury mods claims 30hp on their performance chip, but I heard it didn't work that well and wasn't worth the money. Don't come on here talking trash and bol ****** because we put you down. There are plenty of guys on here that know alot more about this engine than you do, so that is why we can't beleive these figures. If it were these easy to get these numbers we would all have 400-500hp. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I'll belive these numbers when my ****** turns purple and smells like orange sherbert!
HAHAHAHHAH ......
Old 10-20-05, 12:47 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Guys, I'm only going to ask that this thread stay polite one more time or it's going to get locked down and the person who takes it downhill will take a 24 hr CL vacation.

Jibby,

If we lock this thread, my offer still stands. Find one near you:

http://www.dynojet.com/maps/autodynos/ca.htm
Old 10-20-05, 12:54 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
koo thanx, i didnt even know there was anyplace near me...
Old 10-20-05, 01:18 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, while everyone takes a deep breath (35 posts in less than 2 hours!), I'll take advantage of this lull to answer mkorsu's question- yes, I still play. I even have my own table, but it doesn't get much use anymore since it is hard to find 3 other guys ready to roll (I don't like 1-on-1).

OK, now back to our bud jibby- mikeloc24 and I are hanging this weekend at GoodGuys. Since we all are in LA, c'mon over and let's check out each other's rides!
Old 10-20-05, 01:23 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol this is hilarious.

I like it how you say 315 stock and then change it to 220-230 in later posts.
PS where can I get these "low profile" drag tires

On my basically stock 92 SC400 I laid down 170 whp and with a 150 nx wet kit 270 whp. I am installing a bottle warmer and SAFCII next week but I think 300 is the most I'll be able to get.

Post some dyno charts and we may believe your claims.
Old 10-20-05, 01:29 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

I wonder if he did the VVTi mod to the v8??? That would explain it
Old 10-20-05, 01:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Jibby,

I took your invitation to check out your car on Lextreme and ebay, looks very nice from your avatar pic I would like to ask you about a couple of items related to dynoing your car and the incident you described above.

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showp...46&postcount=9
Originally Posted by jibby
I will break it down for you, my 1992 sc400 has the stock exhaust design, I went with the megan N1 mufflers and a magnaflow cat. I installed 2 1/2 piping from the cat to the mufflers, that is my current exhaust setup on my sc400. I recently went to the magnaflow cat and noticed I lost low end and gained a good amount of top end. I dyno'd and tuned no change. I assume the same or worse would happen if I went with headers. I am affraid to change, I really love my low end I am not interested in racing on the freeway.....
You mention in one of your posts above that you HAVE dyno tuned your SC. What did you put down for RWHP? Can you please post a scan of the dyno sheet? Or if you don't have a scanner if you have the baseline data file I have a dyno runviewer and can produce an image for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second item:
Same thread on 10/17 (three days ago) you also posted that you didn't have your Tein's installed
http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=14
I am trying to enlighten myself by posting these threads, and yes I do race and beat the street grannies, Mr. Mario Andretti. I will post my time when I get my drag tires with fatter rims and teins installed probably before the end of this month.
Also on 10/17 http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=14
Well said and a true statement, tein coilovers are on the way, and the eibach's are going on ebay.
Yet above on CL on 10/20:
Originally Posted by jibbby
I tell you the truth my sc400 absolutely rips I have traction problems, would you believe I once put 500lbs worth of sandbags in my trunk and broke my rear spindle, my tire went flying into someones front yard while I was lighting up the night riding on my brake rotor, this happen before I went to tiens, the eibach's are ****!
?

Jibby, I'd like to welcome you to this forum. We have a great crew of knowledgeable SC and other Lexus owners here who are willing to help each other out on a daily basis. I'm sure these guys will welcome you to the community - just please be forthcoming and honest about what you have, what you know , what you don't and what you need help with. Everybody pitches in

I'm hoping you take me up on my offer to help out with proving your HP claims!

Here are a couple pics of your ride for other members
Attached Images  

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-20-05 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-20-05, 01:38 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone cue the Colombo music now!!!!

Nice research Dave!
Old 10-20-05, 01:42 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Welcome to worlds first non-bragging honest tuner car website!
Old 10-20-05, 01:47 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

I rated this thread five stars - best reading material so far all day.
Old 10-20-05, 01:59 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

This reminds me of the kid at my work. He drives a 4 cylinder 95-ish convinced that by adding a "big intake" and exhaust he would gain 50hp!!! He said that the guy who works at the Super Autobacs store told em so - 10 from the intake and 40 from the exhaust. LOL. All my friends offered to bet him for couple hundred dollars if he can gain anywhere near 50 on the dyno. He never bothered to buy the stuff
Old 10-20-05, 02:08 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

I never do a search for new members, but I am making an exception to put this thread out of its misery.

https://ssl10.mysecureserver.com/bos...namicIndex.asp
http://www.rushimports.com.au/products.html
Old 10-20-05, 02:17 PM
SC400-V8
Racer

Originally Posted by kietlander
koo thanx, i didnt even know there was anyplace near me...

God, i bet dynoeing is fun, but I wouldnt want to do it. I'd probably be dissapointed with my actual numbers and would prefer to just think I make 250 at the crank and leave it at that.

Maybe my ecu takes it a little bit stronger.
Old 10-20-05, 02:27 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Where's Mikeloc???? MIKE!!!! Track this punk down and give us the skinny!!!!
I'm here bro, reading and smiling. lol.

Originally Posted by PERRYinLA
OK, now back to our bud jibby- mikeloc24 and I are hanging this weekend at GoodGuys. Since we all are in LA, c'mon over and let's check out each other's rides!
Tell him to please pm one of us so we can meet up this weekend, I'd be more than happy to show him my car. But.....in exchange I want to see this beast of an SC he says he has. I'll be waiting.

Quick Reply: MY 475hp 1992 SC400 IS CRYING OUT FOR HEADERS, ANYONE PLEASE!