Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

MY 475hp 1992 SC400 IS CRYING OUT FOR HEADERS, ANYONE PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 02:36 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

in before lockdown...

I'd like to invite myself to attend this dyno if it ever happens. Let me know Perry & MikeLoc, holla at me, I'd love to attend this dyno show...as well as raid whatever's left of Good Guys

Last edited by ACleanSC4; 10-20-05 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-20-05, 02:39 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How bout a few of you LA guys donate $10 each and pay for his dyno run? Make an afternoon of it, a lexus outting with tons of ppl watching. The more ppl that attend and donate, the cheaper the per person cost. A car with that much power with basic bolt ons is something we must see
Old 10-20-05, 02:59 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default "tons of people?" get real!

Haha....we gotta put up the coin just because we live near the guy?

What's the matter, your PayPal account not valid out of state?

Last edited by PERRYinLA; 10-20-05 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-20-05, 03:44 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PERRYinLA
Haha....we gotta put up the coin just because we live near the guy?

What's the matter, your PayPal account not valid out of state?
if you provide video of his run on the net, ill donate 5 bux to the fund
Old 10-20-05, 03:51 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
I'd like to invite myself to attend this dyno if it ever happens. Let me know Perry & MikeLoc, holla at me, I'd love to attend this dyno show...as well as raid whatever's left of Good Guys
Ah ha ha ha ha ha, Tony man...hit us up...unfortunately I didn't get a chance to come out to the OC last week and see the Wald/Work SC you've put together. PM one of us if you want to meet up this weekend
Old 10-20-05, 03:53 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Damnit...
I think he got scurrred.. It was fun while it lasted.
Old 10-20-05, 03:55 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
if you provide video of his run on the net, ill donate 5 bux to the fund
Sorry, Big Spender, I'm just not that motivated.

It's all a moot point anyway- we all know this is not legit.
Old 10-20-05, 04:01 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Maybe he is dissappointed because his Honda friends believed his claim and we dont
Old 10-20-05, 04:56 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Default You people must be smoking crack

Show me how to post pictures and charts and I will show you guys I am not full of crap, My intake is custom, my mass airflow body is larger than stock, I have a better intake then on described on intellexual.com it produces around, air disruption inserts, - 15hp

Exhaust in my car the stock cat was clogged my stock mufflers were very restrictive and I changed and straightened slightly all 2 1/2 exhaust piping on my car it pruduced -28 extra hp.

The Ecu is biggy back apexi maybe -22hp gain I was mistaken I honestly forgot I did alot of these mods and dyno's almost a year ago.

Electric fan, highperformance wiring, auto lite plugs for nos, larger fuel injectors, high volume fuel pump, 22+hp

Somebody is going to owe me $75. What is wrong with you guys, don't you think the 4.0l V8 lexus motor finely tuned with excellent compression in each cylinder with all above mentioned + a few more small things can produce 315hp. You people don't know is much as you think, I am a Chevy man I have rebuilt small and big blocks, I know what I am talking and I know what I am driving somebody explain how to navigate and plug in charts and pictures. I have had several dyno tests with out nos that produced slightly over 300hp the best was 315hp. You people stop calling me a lier!
Old 10-20-05, 05:07 PM
kylesc400
Lead Lap

i normally don't post but...in before lock!

just wanted to sneak in and point out that

1) that maf body looks stock from that picture
2) your stock mufflers aren't restrictive as they're straight-thru from the factory
3) that intake and others like it have been proven to actually lose power as there's no resonator

this thread is gold
Old 10-20-05, 05:12 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Default I started a monster and I intend to back up my claims

I Just Wanted The Headers And I Found Them, S@s Headers In Arizona You People Were No Help, And All You Did Was Get Me Angry. My Car Will Be At The Pomana Race Show This Saturday If You Want To Confirm My Claims, And Argue With Me In Person, I Will Test Drive And Suprise You Guys Who Dont Think 450-500hp Can Be Achieved On A Stock Motor With All The Mods And Nos. Please Does Anyone Out There Believe What I Am Saying. What Do I Have To Do Hear, I Know What I Got, And It Is Only Getting Better. Someone Said Something About The Transmittion Not Holding The Power "wrong", I Don't Even Have A Transmittion Cooler Either. I Just Smoked A M3 Bmw Yesterday, Destroyed New 745 Bmw Last Week, And Was Neck And Neck With A Stock New Vette. These Are Facts And They Are Undisputed!!!! Get Of My Back People. This Is A Picture Of My Eingine There Is A Larger Radiator For Extra Cooling That Is The Black You See In The Front Also Needed Room For Electric Fan Housing
Attached Images  
Old 10-20-05, 05:14 PM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

send me the dyno sheets to aznraver36@aol.com and i would happily post it for you.
Old 10-20-05, 05:15 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

I am a Chevy man I have rebuilt small and big blocks, I know what I am talking and I know what I am driving
There's your problem.

You expect that just like the old chevy motors you can bolt some flowmasters on, throw a K&N in, and it's a whole new car. I've seen the american muscle owners make this mistake a million times.

In a Chevy (or ford) you can indeed produce HP from simple mods. What the american car owners don't know crossing over is that the 4 cam 32v Lexus V8 is harder to squeeze HP out of than blood from a turnip. So everything you are guessing about going by what your chevy motor did after your "mods" is going to give you about 1/5th the HP response in the Lexus V8.

I, like everyone else, am awaiting your dyno, but by reading this thread i already know before you even say it that this was a Mustang dyno you used - if you did dyno, and your numbers are worthless if so. You'd have better luck trying to get HP numbers from a g-tech than a mustang dyno.
Old 10-20-05, 05:16 PM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

I Just Wanted The Headers And I Found Them, S@s Headers In Arizona You People Were No Help, And All You Did Was Get Me Angry. My Car Will Be At The Pomana Race Show This Saturday If You Want To Confirm My Claims, And Argue With Me In Person, I Will Test Drive And Suprise You Guys Who Dont Think 450-500hp Can Be Achieved On A Stock Motor With All The Mods And Nos. Please Does Anyone Out There Believe What I Am Saying. What Do I Have To Do Hear, I Know What I Got, And It Is Only Getting Better. Someone Said Something About The Transmittion Not Holding The Power "wrong", I Don't Even Have A Transmittion Cooler Either. I Just Smoked A M3 Bmw Yesterday, Destroyed New 745 Bmw Last Week, And Was Neck And Neck With A Stock New Vette. These Are Facts And They Are Undisputed!!!! Get Of My Back People. This Is A Picture Of My Eingine There Is A Larger Radiator For Extra Cooling That Is The Black You See In The Front Also Needed Room For Electric Fan Housing
if this is all true, don't you think it would be put up on the intellexual.net FAQ? with these mods almost every car enthusiast would be going for the SC400 and the like, or pretty much almost everyone here on the boards is clueless on how to mod their cars right??? cuz everyone here would abandon the turbo route and go your route?
Old 10-20-05, 05:17 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

IBTL posts are not allowed on CL. Next person get's a 24 hour vacation.

Quick Reply: MY 475hp 1992 SC400 IS CRYING OUT FOR HEADERS, ANYONE PLEASE!