Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

MY 475hp 1992 SC400 IS CRYING OUT FOR HEADERS, ANYONE PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 05:22 PM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think his 1UZ magically turned into a 2JZ-GTE BPU+++.
Old 10-20-05, 05:28 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by jibbby
I Just Wanted The Headers And I Found Them, S@s Headers In Arizona You People Were No Help, And All You Did Was Get Me Angry.
Jibby,

I'd just like to point out that post #5 in this thread, Perry gave you a link that took you to a thread about the exact same S&S headers. We on CL put a group together to get those headers created with JBrady's organization... they wouldn't exist without us. You got the help, you just didn't care to read about it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...67&postcount=5

===================================

OK, on to the dyno I'm going to pay $75 for *if* you make 475 HP. I just want to document the forumla that will let us map the RWHP recorded on the chassis dyno to the Crank HP.

hp = rwhp / (1 - dtl)

where dtl = drivetrain loss percentage, i.e. 25% loss = 0.25dtl assuming about a 25% drivetrain loss. I usually assume about 22% for a Lexus tranny, but I'll cut you the benefit of very high 25% drivetrain loss.

To make 475 Crank HP:
Loss% RWHP
25% 357
22% 371
20% 380

Since I'm paying:
1) I prefer this be done on the industry standard Dynojet, not some other brand of dyno.
2) We need an OG 'witness' from ClubLexus like MikeLoc or some of the other volunteers

So..... you need to dyno 357 RWHP on your SC to be at 475 HP as you claim. I hope you prove me wrong and I'll paypal you the $$ the next day

Looking forward to this, get it setup! Maybe we can plan a CL Dyno Day event around it in Cali?

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-20-05 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-20-05, 05:31 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
There's your problem.

You expect that just like the old chevy motors you can bolt some flowmasters on, throw a K&N in, and it's a whole new car. I've seen the american muscle owners make this mistake a million times.

In a Chevy (or ford) you can indeed produce HP from simple mods. What the american car owners don't know crossing over is that the 4 cam 32v Lexus V8 is harder to squeeze HP out of than blood from a turnip. So everything you are guessing about going by what your chevy motor did after your "mods" is going to give you about 1/5th the HP response in the Lexus V8.

I, like everyone else, am awaiting your dyno, but by reading this thread i already know before you even say it that this was a Mustang dyno you used - if you did dyno, and your numbers are worthless if so. You'd have better luck trying to get HP numbers from a g-tech than a mustang dyno.

Mustang dyno always OVER rates horsepower. Stick with a dynojet... and jibby lets see the raw numbers.. enough of the bs talk about "Intake is 15hp... fuel pump 20hp.. exhaust 30hp..." Did you install each of these parts individually and dyno it immediately after? I doubt it... you're just throwing numbers out there... So lets see those dyno charts bud
Old 10-20-05, 05:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by codetoad
Mustang dyno always OVER rates horsepower.
Actually its the other way around using native Mustang software unless they put some sort of correction factor. Mustangs dyno 10 - 15% lower than a dynojet.
Old 10-20-05, 05:48 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

I'm going off results from what a friend showed me. We dynoed his s/c cobra on a Mustang dyno and made just over 600 rw horsepower.. then dynoed in on the DynoJet at the shop I used to work at with the same setup, and only made 560rwhp. Everyone I worked with there said the DynoJet was more accurate and the Mustang dyno overrates numbers. Just letting you know why I said that. Not saying you are wrong either Dave, but in my experience on that one Mustang dyno, it was off.
Old 10-20-05, 05:53 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by codetoad
I'm going off results from what a friend showed me. We dynoed his s/c cobra on a Mustang dyno and made just over 600 horsepower.. then dynoed in on the DynoJet at the shop I used to work at with the same setup, and only made 560. Everyone I worked with there said the DynoJet was more accurate and the Mustang dyno overrates numbers. Just letting you know why I said that.
I've taken three cars to multiple dynojet + Mustangs, worked the other way from personal experience on all of 'em Could be the software is modified at the Mustang to make it 'dynojet equivalent' which sometimes happens.... at the end of the day we agree, this one needs to be done on a dynojet.

Jibbb - when's a good time to get this set up? Do you want to do it w/ just your car (+ observers) there or do you mind if we get some of the local members involved and try to turn it into a group dyno / meet?
Old 10-20-05, 06:07 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

it was me the made the statement about the tranny.. its a known fact that the tranny in a sc400/300 auto is onnly good for around 350 max to the wheels.. your claimed 475 on nos would destroy it.. i have guys down here in our turbo crew running 400-500 rwhp on sc300 and burning up autos fitted for the 1jz.. heck one guy is on his 6th tranny..

being neck and neck with a c6 vette, bro take me for a ride for its not possible .. the c6 puts out almost 500hp and is almost 1000lbs lighter .. not even close
Old 10-20-05, 06:15 PM
Texas2jz
Rookie

I told you there is other stuff I have done as well, I know they are 220-250hp stock, I dyno'd last at that you non believers! Yes they do ad up to 475HP I run with new vette's in this car I kid you not. What do I need to do to prove this is fact. Let me break it down again for uyou non crack smokers.

230hp stock
intake 15hp
exhaust 30hp
ecu 30 hp (stand alone on the way)
electric fan, pullies etc
other electric 20hp
Larger injectors high volume fuel pump.

Nos 125-175hp

Now ad it up!1!!!!1
The biggest thing is,when it comes to these HP claims, is dyno proof per each mod. We all know that one mod makes more HP on one car than another .
So thats where the battle lies.

To everyone else let PLEASE not make this thread turn into an SF style bashing, please.
Old 10-20-05, 06:17 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexforlife
it was me the made the statement about the tranny.. its a known fact that the tranny in a sc400/300 auto is onnly good for around 350 max to the wheels.. your claimed 475 on nos would destroy it.. i have guys down here in our turbo crew running 400-500 rwhp on sc300 and burning up autos fitted for the 1jz.. heck one guy is on his 6th tranny..

being neck and neck with a c6 vette, bro take me for a ride for its not possible .. the c6 puts out almost 500hp and is almost 1000lbs lighter .. not even close

Doubt it was a z06

A regular C6 with the LS2 would have around 400 horsepower. Believable but unlikely
Old 10-20-05, 06:23 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Default I live in Santa Monica and my car is in my garage covered

The headers are ordered from S & S headers, I took alot of crap to get this info, but to me it was worth it. Did you people know there are considerable gains in the electrical, the oil driven fan is restrictive, ignition, Ecu, plugs, wires. alt, battery, hyper voltage regulator, there are more upgrades to my car other then just an awsome intake, average exhaust, and ECU. Come on people I only have known these cars potential for a year you people live and breathe this, can anyone agree that it is possible to achieve 300hp+ not at the rear wheels either, opening the engine, nos, or any type of air forced induction system. It is possible!!! I use to build 283 small block chevy's and get 300hp off those, what make you guy non believers I do not understand!!!!!

I will be at the pomona race on Saturday and changing out my control arms with my new supra arms on Sunday. My name is John I am a tall fit white boy and have one of the cleanest tan sc400's around, tinted windows, and an american flag sticker right where the sc400 emblem is. You can't miss me if you want to show up at the pomona show on Saturday, and I am a nice guy in person so don't **** me off. I will apply a ufc hold and make you tap out, if you get out of line. Seriously, if somebody whats to check my ride I don't mind. Late
Old 10-20-05, 06:23 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas2jz
The biggest thing is,when it comes to these HP claims, is dyno proof per each mod. We all know that one mod makes more HP on one car than another .
So thats where the battle lies.

To everyone else let PLEASE not make this thread turn into an SF style bashing, please.

this is not a bashing by no means ..its a attempt to get someone to post up proof for such wild and far fetched claims as a brand new member on his first post.. if you ask me it was arrogant to say the least..

this guy could have indtrduced himself first , then brought in the ride with proof on the numbers

475 hp on a stock 1uz with no blower , no bfi , nothing but nos , heck in the pics i cant even see any lines for the nos

sorry i dont buy it
Old 10-20-05, 06:24 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Show me how to post pictures and charts and I will show you guys I am not full of crap, My intake is custom, my mass airflow body is larger than stock, I have a better intake then on described on intellexual.com it produces around, air disruption inserts, - 15hp

Exhaust in my car the stock cat was clogged my stock mufflers were very restrictive and I changed and straightened slightly all 2 1/2 exhaust piping on my car it pruduced -28 extra hp.

The Ecu is biggy back apexi maybe -22hp gain I was mistaken I honestly forgot I did alot of these mods and dyno's almost a year ago.

Electric fan, highperformance wiring, auto lite plugs for nos, larger fuel injectors, high volume fuel pump, 22+hp

Somebody is going to owe me $75. What is wrong with you guys, don't you think the 4.0l V8 lexus motor finely tuned with excellent compression in each cylinder with all above mentioned + a few more small things can produce 315hp. You people don't know is much as you think, I am a Chevy man I have rebuilt small and big blocks, I know what I am talking and I know what I am driving somebody explain how to navigate and plug in charts and pictures. I have had several dyno tests with out nos that produced slightly over 300hp the best was 315hp. You people stop calling me a lier!

First off, it's spelled "liar." Secondly, please check your grammar. Thirdly, with your mods even with the NAAAAAAAWS, I can only see about 310 whp at most. How did you get 500whp on NA mods? I am boosting 20 lbs and barely breaking the 500 barrier with a more built motor than you. There is a snowball's chance in hell that you are pulling that much on the dyno. Even built and boosted 1UZ motors are only pulling like 400 whp.

I gotta see these crazy dyno sheets.
Old 10-20-05, 06:28 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

You guys are ruthless! I am not full of ****, I just took a crap this morning. I tell you the truth my sc400 absolutely rips I have traction problems, would you believe I once put 500lbs worth of sandbags in my trunk and broke my rear spindle, my tire went flying into someones front yard while I was lighting up the night riding on my brake rotor, this happen before I went to tiens, the eibach's are ****! My car spins both rear tires thru the first two gears, that is without the drag tires,. I am new on the seen but you will hear about me soon, I am into this big time, and my goal is to have one of if not the fastest sc400 in LA, CA. I am trying to get these sc400's a little respect. I am sure not getting any on this forum. Now after that statement you guys must think I am really full of ****, but again it is all true. I ask for headers and I end up trying to prove my ride. All you slow *** bastards could kiss my *** when I blow by you in my 500hp sc!!! Now have a nice day. Thanks for header leads by the way.

Hahahhahahhaha theres people here with 1000 hp sc! Do a search for the recent 9 second sc that was posted by a legit no bull**** member.
Old 10-20-05, 06:31 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

at the end of the day we agree, this one needs to be done on a dynojet.
Basically my point, but I am in the same boat as code. My experience was a much higher number. Hence my comment. I guess everyone that has the Mustang dyno tweaks it to their needs.
Old 10-20-05, 06:32 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try PlanetSoarer

Quick Reply: MY 475hp 1992 SC400 IS CRYING OUT FOR HEADERS, ANYONE PLEASE!