Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

MY 475hp 1992 SC400 IS CRYING OUT FOR HEADERS, ANYONE PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 06:40 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
it was me the made the statement about the tranny.. its a known fact that the tranny in a sc400/300 auto is onnly good for around 350 max to the wheels.. your claimed 475 on nos would destroy it.. i have guys down here in our turbo crew running 400-500 rwhp on sc300 and burning up autos fitted for the 1jz.. heck one guy is on his 6th tranny..

being neck and neck with a c6 vette, bro take me for a ride for its not possible .. the c6 puts out almost 500hp and is almost 1000lbs lighter .. not even close
um... no.

Its 400 hp at the crank and ... its only 300ish lbs lighter.
Old 10-20-05, 06:46 PM
SC400-V8
Racer

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
IBTL posts are not allowed on CL. Next person get's a 24 hour vacation.

IBTL? Intercontinental Ballistic Transformer Ledging? Intrinsic Battle Toys of the Low countries? Interception of British Tomahawk Landing craft?
Old 10-20-05, 06:47 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Default People it is me against the world

I am a humble man, but all this criticism is starting to upset me, I don't lie, I may mistaken on exact hp gains for each mod but I know what my car dyno'd at period. Yes I am aware of the difference between american and import V8 engines as well. That is why I switched over to the more impressive sc400 4.0 liter v8 for a good challenge. You guys all call it the JZ..... I will always call it the 4.0L V8 because that is what it is. Now woud somebody call Todd at Tm Engineering and inquire about my car, he is a bastard and I no longer do business with him, and would you believe he is trying to build a 1200hp sc400. I am in competition with him with my 98 block. I am sure you guys will never believe that either. By the way there is all this talk in the lexus community about not enough room under the hood for air forced induction applications, has anyone considered altering the hood a bit to accomidate a good old american supercharger setup, then those weak little Eaton's these aussie's make. I will revolutionalize the sc400 and show everyone what can be achieved. Todd is a bastard but he shares the same ideas as me. I am motivated, and have the will and knowledge hopefully to achieve my goal, anyone car to share these same thoughts? The sc400 gets little or no respect, it;s always Supra Supra Supra, granted they are buillt stronger for performance they are not the superior engine. I will bring something to the table on these sc400's you watch...... Stay tuned. The name is John, the car is tan, with a good old american flag in place where the sc400 emblem is, you can't miss me.
Old 10-20-05, 06:47 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC400-V8
IBTL? Intercontinental Ballistic Transformer Ledging? Intrinsic Battle Toys of the Low countries? Interception of British Tomahawk Landing craft?

In before the lock..
Old 10-20-05, 06:52 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Inabj2
um... no.

Its 400 hp at the crank and ... its only 300ish lbs lighter.
bro where do you get your numbers from , my quote was from the 04 zo6 i just superchargered for my buddy .. weight minus driver is 3050lbs , a sc400 is almost 3750lbs (key word is almost)

the c6 weighs in at 3179 lbs thats about 600lbs diff .. no contest bro

Last edited by lexforlife; 10-20-05 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-20-05, 06:55 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by jibbby
I am a humble man, but all this criticism is starting to upset me, I don't lie, I may mistaken on exact hp gains for each mod but I know what my car dyno'd at period. Yes I am aware of the difference between american and import V8 engines as well. That is why I switched over to the more impressive sc400 4.0 liter v8 for a good challenge. You guys all call it the JZ..... I will always call it the 4.0L V8 because that is what it is. Now woud somebody call Todd at Tm Engineering and inquire about my car, he is a bastard and I no longer do business with him, and would you believe he is trying to build a 1200hp sc400. I am in competition with him with my 98 block. I am sure you guys will never believe that either. By the way there is all this talk in the lexus community about not enough room under the hood for air forced induction applications, has anyone considered altering the hood a bit to accomidate a good old american supercharger setup, then those weak little Eaton's these aussie's make. I will revolutionalize the sc400 and show everyone what can be achieved. Todd is a bastard but he shares the same ideas as me. I am motivated, and have the will and knowledge hopefully to achieve my goal, anyone car to share these same thoughts? The sc400 gets little or no respect, it;s always Supra Supra Supra, granted they are buillt stronger for performance they are not the superior engine. I will bring something to the table on these sc400's you watch...... Stay tuned. The name is John, the car is tan, with a good old american flag in place where the sc400 emblem is, you can't miss me.

John, again welcome. There are a LOT of people here with the same dream and goal as you. I personally have a Vortech supercharged 98 VVT-i 4.0 V8 in my GS. It's only about 475 crank HP for now

BTW, 'The JZ' or 2jz GE is the Inline 6 in the SC300, not the same engine you have at all... you have the 1uz-fe

Now let's get this dyno day set up, when you want to do it?
Old 10-20-05, 06:57 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, Jibby.
I replied to your PM.
Waiting for your e-mail.
Thanks.
Old 10-20-05, 06:59 PM
jibbby

Default For the record 315 and 450 with nos

I said on a good day with the nos bottle heating element pusing the presure in my nos bottle to 1400psi I think I get very close to 500hp I have dyno's at 315 and 450 approx. So people don't exaggerate my claims!!!! Also I not in a spelling B contest, I am in a war to prove my fine tuned and stock mod engine claims are true. Come on I cannot believe no one has pushed 300hp on a stock sc400 motor without nos, or air forced induction. That is just stupid to me. Maybe my dyno tests were wrong and I have had three done in a years time. Maybe I am just making all this up to stir up some crap, but the reality is I am not. Believe what you want, I know what I got, I just raced a saleen on the freeway and lost riding nos my top end is weak, know that is not braging is it. But my low end is rediculous.
Old 10-20-05, 07:02 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

still waiting.
Old 10-20-05, 07:02 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400-V8
I'll Ban The Loser

Old 10-20-05, 07:03 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

No one calls it a JZ, because its not called that. It's a 1UZ-FE. If you had an SC300, it would have a 2JZ-GE.

The Supra's 2JZ-GTE is tried and true. It's reliable and can create a large amount of horsepower at the rear wheels with factory turbos close to what you claim you make on your SC400 spraying nitrous. The 1UZ-FE is pretty stout but I wouldn't go as far to say its the superior engine. They are different in several aspects. That's comparing apples to oranges.

Last edited by codetoad; 10-20-05 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-20-05, 07:04 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

I am in competition with him with my 98 block. I am sure you guys will never believe that either.
You have a 98 block in a 92 sc400? How did you electronically account for the vvt-i to a non vvt-i change?
Old 10-20-05, 07:05 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by verylost
You have a 98 block in a 92 sc400? How did you electronically account for the vvt-i to a non vvt-i change?
Since when did the block have anything to do with it being VVT-I?
Old 10-20-05, 07:06 PM
jibbby

Default To Set The Record Straight!!!!!!!

I Listed My Sc400 Differential On Ebay That Listing Shows Complete Pictures Of My Car They Are A Little Out Dated But This Show I Am Not Full Of Crap. Go Ebay Search "lexus Differential Sc300 Sc400" My Listing Will Show Everything And Pics About My Car. I Would Appreciate It If Somebody Would Bid On It, It Is Sitting In My Back Yard With All My Other Lexus Sc400 Stock And Mod Parts. Somebody Check It Out And Post Accordingly. Thank You And Have A Nice Day You Non Believers!!!!!! Me Against The World Bring It I Can Take It!!! For How Long I Don't Know Some Of You Guys Are Getting A Little Personal No Harm No Foul, I Could Car Less. I Am Enjoying All This!!!!!

I Relisted This On Ebay Just For You Guys So Please Inquire And I Welcome Your Opinions After Viewing. Late
Old 10-20-05, 07:07 PM
trent
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is one of the funniest, and controversial threads I've seen in awhile!! I'm also eager to see the dyno of this (SUPER CAR) SC400!

Quick Reply: MY 475hp 1992 SC400 IS CRYING OUT FOR HEADERS, ANYONE PLEASE!