Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

MY 475hp 1992 SC400 IS CRYING OUT FOR HEADERS, ANYONE PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 07:07 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by codetoad
Since when did the block have anything to do with it being VVT-I?
Ever since I just woke up from my 3 hour nap You are right. I'm not thinking clearly yet
Old 10-20-05, 07:08 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by jibbby
I said on a good day with the nos bottle heating element pusing the presure in my nos bottle to 1400psi I think I get very close to 500hp I have dyno's at 315 and 450 approx. So people don't exaggerate my claims!!!! Also I not in a spelling B contest, I am in a war to prove my fine tuned and stock mod engine claims are true. Come on I cannot believe no one has pushed 300hp on a stock sc400 motor without nos, or air forced induction. That is just stupid to me. Maybe my dyno tests were wrong and I have had three done in a years time. Maybe I am just making all this up to stir up some crap, but the reality is I am not. Believe what you want, I know what I got, I just raced a saleen on the freeway and lost riding nos my top end is weak, know that is not braging is it. But my low end is rediculous.
Jibbby, no one I've ever read about has come remotely close to that even with a VVT-I 98+ engine w/o FI or Nitrous.... max dyno I've seen is around 275rwhp, average is more like 250rwhp. I assume you're talking about RWHP when you say 'no one close to 300hp'. 97- is ususally at least 20hp less from what I've read.

So you have a 450 rwhp dyno too? Or is that what you interpret from the 315 rwhp (which with 25% loss is really 420hp at the crank). If you *really* have a 450rwhp dyno then you've got a 600HP at the crank engine . That I've got to see.

When do you want to set up the dyno?

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-20-05 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-20-05, 07:08 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah this thread has exploded today

Still waiting for a dyno sheet to be posted Jibby...

and not one created in MS Paint...
Old 10-20-05, 07:11 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

I Listed My Sc400 Differential On Ebay That Listing Shows Complete Pictures Of My Car They Are A Little Out Dated But This Show I Am Not Full Of Crap. Go Ebay Search "lexus Differential Sc300 Sc400" My Listing Will Show Everything And Pics About My Car. I Would Appreciate It If Somebody Would Bid On It, It Is Sitting In My Back Yard With All My Other Lexus Sc400 Stock And Mod Parts. Somebody Check It Out And Post Accordingly. Thank You And Have A Nice Day You Non Believers!!!!!! Me Against The World Bring It I Can Take It!!! For How Long I Don't Know Some Of You Guys Are Getting A Little Personal No Harm No Foul, I Could Car Less. I Am Enjoying All This!!!!!

I Relisted This On Ebay Just For You Guys So Please Inquire And I Welcome Your Opinions After Viewing. Late
I did exactly what you told me to do for ebay and came up with nothing. How about you just put a link on here. Wouldn't that be easier??
Old 10-20-05, 07:13 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

I Listed My Sc400 Differential On Ebay That Listing Shows Complete Pictures Of My Car They Are A Little Out Dated But This Show I Am Not Full Of Crap. Go Ebay Search "lexus Differential Sc300 Sc400" My Listing Will Show Everything And Pics About My Car. I Would Appreciate It If Somebody Would Bid On It, It Is Sitting In My Back Yard With All My Other Lexus Sc400 Stock And Mod Parts. Somebody Check It Out And Post Accordingly. Thank You And Have A Nice Day You Non Believers!!!!!! Me Against The World Bring It I Can Take It!!! For How Long I Don't Know Some Of You Guys Are Getting A Little Personal No Harm No Foul, I Could Car Less. I Am Enjoying All This!!!!!

I Relisted This On Ebay Just For You Guys So Please Inquire And I Welcome Your Opinions After Viewing. Late
Hey, I just searched on e-bay with the key word that you suggested. I don't see sht.
Give us the item number. The mods will understand since you are not advertising, plus nobody will want it anyways.
Again, give us the item number.

And I am S.T.I.L.L waiting for your e-mail.
Old 10-20-05, 07:15 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

As Dave suggested...

When do you want to set up the dyno?????
Old 10-20-05, 07:15 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Now woud somebody call Todd at Tm Engineering and inquire about my car, he is a bastard and I no longer do business with him, and would you believe he is trying to build a 1200hp sc400..... The name is John, the car is tan, with a good old american flag in place where the sc400 emblem is, you can't miss me.
Those are bold words man...what's up with bashing Todd?

If it were between him and you on who can build a 1200hp SC...I got all my money on Todd...

I know you have a passion for our V8 engine, but man, calm down with all your figures and lets just go to a dyno...

Oh, here's pictures of your car
Whats up with the VVT-i badge?

Old 10-20-05, 07:16 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Chrono, no need for an item number. If he just listed it the listing will be a while before it shows up. If you wanna know PM him

With you mentioning the PM 3 times within the last 30 minutes I believe he understands he is to send you a PM, please don't appear to badger. You're going to get yourself in trouble.
Old 10-20-05, 07:18 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

I am not feeling the look of that exhaust.
Old 10-20-05, 07:18 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
If it were between him and you on who can build a 1200hp SC...I got all my money on Todd...
Peter Scott owns Joo! Lol. The aussies are having more fun tweaking the V8 than anyone in the states.
Old 10-20-05, 07:20 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

here's another pic:
Old 10-20-05, 07:24 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

I like the clever use of the Flags to cover up the holes from removing the 400 emblem
Old 10-20-05, 07:24 PM
Texas2jz
Rookie

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
here's another pic:
Looks pretty decent to me?!?!?!??!?!?
Old 10-20-05, 07:44 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

I Just Wanted The Headers And I Found Them, S@s Headers In Arizona You People Were No Help, And All You Did Was Get Me Angry. My Car Will Be At The Pomana Race Show This Saturday If You Want To Confirm My Claims, And Argue With Me In Person, I Will Test Drive And Suprise You Guys Who Dont Think 450-500hp Can Be Achieved On A Stock Motor With All The Mods And Nos. Please Does Anyone Out There Believe What I Am Saying. What Do I Have To Do Hear, I Know What I Got, And It Is Only Getting Better. Someone Said Something About The Transmittion Not Holding The Power "wrong", I Don't Even Have A Transmittion Cooler Either. I Just Smoked A M3 Bmw Yesterday, Destroyed New 745 Bmw Last Week, And Was Neck And Neck With A Stock New Vette. These Are Facts And They Are Undisputed!!!! Get Of My Back People. This Is A Picture Of My Eingine There Is A Larger Radiator For Extra Cooling That Is The Black You See In The Front Also Needed Room For Electric Fan Housing
You said you're into 0-70 times...0-70?... What are your 0-60 times? I'd be interested in knowing.
Old 10-20-05, 07:44 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

wow i didnt watch this thread for 3 hours and it went up 3 pages... i wonder when he will actually show dyno sheets. if u guys make a dyno day i will fly my *** back home to cali from NJ to see this in person. if he is getting THAT much power from that engine, i just made a very bad choice getting my sc300.

Quick Reply: MY 475hp 1992 SC400 IS CRYING OUT FOR HEADERS, ANYONE PLEASE!