Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz sounds like an SRT4!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-05, 07:19 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by got_trd
nice k&n... wanna compare your powdercoating vs. my hand polishing???
Yep, lets park our cars by the ocean for a few days with the hood open and compare

Still working on the filter situation, probably just custom mandrel bent pipe with a hks mushroom filter behind the headlight (headlight comes off with the top screw only, for track use of course).
Old 10-28-05, 12:35 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

dont go with the mushroom type HKS, they are known to dry up and fall apart. You wouldn't want to suck all that crap up, would you?
Old 10-28-05, 12:40 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DETUNED
dont go with the mushroom type HKS, they are known to dry up and fall apart. You wouldn't want to suck all that crap up, would you?
It cant be any worse then a shop rag!! LOL

I think for the time being im goign to extend the rubber with a metal line and get a $19.99 discount special cone filter til i figure something out. I have 2-3 injen type 4-banger intake pipes sitting around i could play with also.
Old 10-28-05, 04:21 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ricer........

track use only huh?? lets go after i get back from sema
Old 10-29-05, 07:30 AM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

SRT-4 this SRT-4 that. All in all it's still a Neon which is still a Dodge. Dodge passenger cars=garbage.

And on a side note is there a litle tension between got_trd and VJ RC51????
Old 10-29-05, 07:40 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SinisterSC
SRT-4 this SRT-4 that. All in all it's still a Neon which is still a Dodge. Dodge passenger cars=garbage.

And on a side note is there a litle tension between got_trd and VJ RC51????
We are arch rivals! muuahahahhaahaa......

Well think about it.. we are the only two 1JZGTE cars cruising around orlando on a daily basis, both garnet pearl, it was bound to happen

Chino is a good guy and he knows his cars!!!! but i will never drop the fact that i swapped mine myself, and he bought his pre-swapped. Its the only thing i have cause his car is pretty bad ***, lol..

PS, dont make fun of dodge 4clys... they've been turboing 4cly fwd cars since before most of you were born! The SRT4 is nothing new, and its not the first dohc turbo car from dodge. The spirit R/T from the early 90s was faster, but never caught on, and gotta love the 89-90 turbo caravans!!! Plenty of those with 1-2k in mods around the US running 12s. Last year i also had a 88 shelby Z fully gutted 5spd drag car, never had time to run it at the track, but it was a fun car! Those motors are bulletproof.

Last edited by VJ RC51; 10-29-05 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-29-05, 08:01 AM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

it seems to me that there is alot of tension between vj rc51 and just about every orlando sc owner
Old 10-29-05, 08:20 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by soarer479
it seems to me that there is alot of tension between vj rc51 and just about every orlando sc owner
from what i can tell its cause i came on the scene outta no where as a "noob" and bought a car and a 1JZ swap the same week a few months ago, not to mention i reserved another 1JZ for my other SC3 and that will be swapped in a month or 2, and put forsale.

PPL at first gave me a hard time and told me what to do with my car, what i couldnt do with it, and how to do it since "i couldnt"(and i'm not a good listener), so i kinda got mad and told some ppl off, and swapped my 1JZ myself with no "experenced" 1jz or toyota expert help, and its been on the road hassle free for over 1000mi now, and runs very strong. I calmed down alot and i'm friends with a few again, i never ment to be cocky or arrogant, but i just didnt like how ppl were telling me what to do or telling me i couldnt, when in fact.. i did.
Old 10-29-05, 10:45 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

blah, its all good. i only have an issue with the outlandish remarks, the false info, and the whole hating on others thing. all of which have slows down a lot since we first met. it was never very bad here, but i could link up about 6 or 7 threads from orlando forums that would make a lot of SC owners upset. as long as you stick to your guns your cool, its when you constantly contradict yourself that you are called out.

now, as far as sounding like an SRT-4..... i dont think so. yes it spools fast, but i never heard it blow off when i was driving next to you. gotta love that stock bov. just dont drive through parking lots trying to build enough boost to blow off, and people wont think its a neon.
Old 10-29-05, 10:51 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
blah, its all good. i only have an issue with the outlandish remarks, the false info, and the whole hating on others thing. all of which have slows down a lot since we first met. it was never very bad here, but i could link up about 6 or 7 threads from orlando forums that would make a lot of SC owners upset. as long as you stick to your guns your cool, its when you constantly contradict yourself that you are called out.

now, as far as sounding like an SRT-4..... i dont think so. yes it spools fast, but i never heard it blow off when i was driving next to you. gotta love that stock bov. just dont drive through parking lots trying to build enough boost to blow off, and people wont think its a neon.
well i told u alot of those posts on OF were bogus and i was just messin with ppl....

Maybe in the next few weeks ill get rid of the factory one for a greddy or something. I want to steer clear from piston type valves tho, especially anything turboxs. I love the supersequential and how it works, but its really common around here
Old 10-29-05, 11:11 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fellaz... what can the 1jz's run 0-60???

curious as to how quick they are ...
Old 10-29-05, 11:23 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by silversprucesc3
Fellaz... what can the 1jz's run 0-60???

curious as to how quick they are ...
Bone stock would prob be in the 6.0 second range.
Old 10-29-05, 12:01 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

no idea, couldnt time it for ya either, no traction on supraTT's with 255 pilots in 1-2nd gear. Find out whatever the 93 jdm supraTT did, because the 1jz soarer was a hair faster
Old 10-29-05, 12:06 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

was that you lastnight in Oviedo? I noticed a burgandy sc with no mufflers on it and some guy got out the passenger seat and handed me a flyer.
Old 10-29-05, 12:10 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DETUNED
was that you lastnight in Oviedo? I noticed a burgandy sc with no mufflers on it and some guy got out the passenger seat and handed me a flyer.
PUT THAT BUMPER ON U RICER!!! lol jk <3 you

Yeah, I was over at another fellow SC's owner's house, Aurelio. He picked up a black sc3 recently and will soon be 1j'in it. He also has a mk3 turbo supra. Then i went to scotts. Wow i need to live in oviedo, deltona sucks

What kind of exhaust do u got? Custom? If so, where did u get it at? my OEM has to go asap

Quick Reply: 1jz sounds like an SRT4!!!!