Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

the revealing....

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-05, 06:20 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love the black. too bad i have the exact opposite. oh well you cant win them all.
keep up the pics and i can twait to see the finished product and your opinions on the performance.
do you have any major mods or bpu's being put on as the motor is going in?(other than the fmic, boost controller and fuel pump)
Old 12-02-05, 08:04 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL-SC
i love the black. too bad i have the exact opposite. oh well you cant win them all.
keep up the pics and i can twait to see the finished product and your opinions on the performance.
do you have any major mods or bpu's being put on as the motor is going in?(other than the fmic, boost controller and fuel pump)
as far as mods, nothing really big that im considering to install. i want to feel the power as being "stock" for now and maybe later, i would opt out the twins for single turbo.....who knows?
i just cant wait to drive it!!
Old 12-02-05, 10:32 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by indypwr
i just cant wait to drive it!!
me too! lol

Hey Ronad, Pat is making me want to throw a GTE in my car too. I wonder where I can find one? Hmm. lol

Pat, when you get the car back we should have a SoCal meet for the LA crew and anyone else who wants to come to our neck of the woods
Old 12-02-05, 01:08 PM
Kstyle55
Pole Position

Originally Posted by indypwr
dec. 1st, 2005....finally motor is in but not quite complete yet. still need to change fuel pump to walbro, install intercooler and pipes, run th rest of the wiring harness, relocate the power steering pump, install the boost gauge, and install the boost controller. i think that is all i can think of....unless im missing something.

accrdg to mechanic, tt motor has new timing and serpentine belts, water pump, oil pan/head/valve cover gaskets, new coil packs. the car might be out this wknd but i thinkit needs more time for the little stuff. here are couple pics i took:

you said that you have to move the power steering pump what exactly interfers with it that you have to move it? and where do you plan on relocating it? But the way looks really clean
Old 12-02-05, 01:26 PM
indelible
Lexus Test Driver

the intake manifold is in the way, he has to relocate it to the right side of the manifold
Old 12-04-05, 02:44 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by indelible
the intake manifold is in the way, he has to relocate it to the right side of the manifold
being said, yup the power steering pump wont fit on the same spot as before. heck, i tossed my stock pump reservoir away and got a new tt reservoir and bracket. that is the right way to go for doing the this swap.

mike, yeah we shud set up a meet soon. my car will ready in a week im hoping. still waiting for some few parts but once thy're in, it shud be done quick.
Old 12-06-05, 12:18 AM
alboutdaz
Rookie

my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its coming out nice Pat
Old 12-06-05, 04:01 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Yes we really really need to have a meet soon
Old 12-06-05, 12:27 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

update: i pass by the shop 2 days ago, engine started up! woo-hoo!!
it's still missing the cooling fan, intercooler and piping. we started the car just to make
sure all the wiring is hooked-up right.

more pics to come.........
Old 12-08-05, 11:48 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by alboutdaz
my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have the pink? Only one person can possess the pink my brotha.

mini-meet for the LA crew? say what? lol. Check the So Cal forum soon for details...
Old 12-08-05, 12:02 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Do you have the pink? Only one person can possess the pink my brotha.

mini-meet for the LA crew? say what? lol. Check the So Cal forum soon for details...
I'm down....
Old 12-09-05, 10:32 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

update: dec. 9th

here are some pics i just took today at the shop. pretty much, everything is done. i am just running bone stock tt swap motor with an upgrade ACT clutch. i am using the same 5spd tranny as well. the only bpu i'll be using is the greddy boost controller and turbo timer of course
and these are the only two things left that need to be installed and project will be complete. this swap took longer than anticipated due to the parts being delivered late....but i am no rush what so ever and i wanted the swap to be smooth and overlooked to avoid any surprising problems. while visiting the shop at least once a week, the swap became more and more promising. it's been a little over a month but the results are coming out real great ! Raymond at R1 motoring in san gabriel is doing a great job and i highly recommend him for you socal guys for complete engine swap. he also works on hondas, mitsubishi, nissan and mazda as well. he gets plenty of customers about swapping engines espclly the propular sr20det on nissan 240sx. he also just finished a project of changing the 300zx n/a auto into TT 5spd. it's just too bad he works by himself but he gets the job done in a timely matter. after my project, there are at least 2-3 more engine swaps he has to do. all i can say is, this guy is

my car is filthy and dirty in and out and so i gotta give her a complete bath once i get her out !!!
hahhaha
i will be installing some spacers up front when i updgrade to bigger brakes cuz my wheels will not clear the bigger calipers. the work wheels have different offset than my old hp evo's..
then after that, i am thinking of getting the vertex sides and rear to complete the outside look and match the wise lip i have .......gee, i wonder what else i gotta do?

i will take more pics later on.....

Old 12-10-05, 12:29 AM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

did u start the car without the intercooler pipign connected?

i really wanna start my car but my piping wont be done for another week.

iam curious to make sure my engine is running fine.

thanks
Old 12-10-05, 01:40 AM
blksc300mt
Driver

you can start it w/o the intercooler piping connected...youll just be running n/a
Old 12-10-05, 10:44 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Last5Spd
did u start the car without the intercooler pipign connected?

i really wanna start my car but my piping wont be done for another week.

iam curious to make sure my engine is running fine.

thanks
yes you can start the car but dont "rev" it up...well, at least i was told not to.
i started the car and it idled pretty smooth....

Quick Reply: the revealing....