Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ Is In!.... But have some questions..

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-05, 03:31 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is 2nd pic
Attached Thumbnails 1JZ Is In!.... But have some questions..-dsc00049o.jpg  
Old 12-05-05, 03:32 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

here is 3rd pic
Attached Thumbnails 1JZ Is In!.... But have some questions..-dsc00050o.jpg  
Old 12-05-05, 03:33 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

here is the last one. this is what i mean by it being cut by the place i got the engine
Attached Thumbnails 1JZ Is In!.... But have some questions..-dsc00051o.jpg  

Last edited by Last5Spd; 12-05-05 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-06-05, 07:55 AM
AURELIOMK3
Pole Position

ya those wire seem to look like it goes to the alternator hopefully you can get that plug to work

hope got_trd and blksc300mt can look at those pics and get you a true answer
Old 12-06-05, 03:38 PM
blksc300mt
Driver

yah man...thats the plug for the alternator . that tanish wire is the one that goes to the white by your fuse box. just take that harness apart, cuz you wont need the heavy gauge wire since you already have that on your car. run those three wires where theyre supposed to go and youll be set. yea and as stupid as it sounds, on the ground cable from the battery, it goes down to the body right behind the battery tray and bolts to the body....make sure you have that bolted in...when i first put this engine in, id go for a run around the block and the car would just die, and i had no idea what it was until i noticed that.
Old 12-06-05, 04:13 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blksc300mt
yah man...thats the plug for the alternator . that tanish wire is the one that goes to the white by your fuse box. just take that harness apart, cuz you wont need the heavy gauge wire since you already have that on your car. run those three wires where theyre supposed to go and youll be set. yea and as stupid as it sounds, on the ground cable from the battery, it goes down to the body right behind the battery tray and bolts to the body....make sure you have that bolted in...when i first put this engine in, id go for a run around the block and the car would just die, and i had no idea what it was until i noticed that.

the white wire that goes to the drivers side.. jsut goes on any random pin? or is there a specific one. maybe iam missing a reply u wrote...because that empty plug on the drivers side has a few pins...
Old 12-06-05, 07:14 PM
blksc300mt
Driver

in the plug that has open wires, one of them is white...and thats the one that the tan wire from the alternator goes to. i still havent had a chance to get a picture of my connector yet...ill try and do that tomorrow for you.
Old 12-06-05, 07:26 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

ok... lets see if i can get this in one shot..

The plug thats on the actual harness which doesnt match the body plug on drivers side. I dont do anythign with correct?i just leave it alone? which is this plug

ok...next

I take the Tan wire from the alternator wire and go into the white wire on the body plug on the drivers side .

Tan(alternator) --------> White(middle wire on plug )Body Plug Drivers side.

YellowGreen(ALternator) ------->Orange Plug Kickpanel Ecu Pin 9

and last but not least.

BlackYellow ------->Gray plug smaller pins, Pin 13?

any recommendations on what gauge wire to use?

thanks agian.. i seem to have understood it all now.
Old 12-09-05, 05:27 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

ok heres an update.. do i still need to connect the wires from the harness to the body plug? the blue/black and black cable? the body plug meaning the plug with the white wire on the drivers side.

another thing...

i ran the wires today for the alternator.. 1 to the body connecter and 2 inside the cabin into the the car.. we got the pin 9 situated.. but we cant figure out which is pin 13 on that other gray plug. i guess ill have to wait for pics. we pulled both plugs.. one doesnt have pin numbers.. and one has them but skips 13. please help..thanks agian
Old 12-09-05, 07:06 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

wow that sounds really complicated?!??!1 Mine plugged right in and worked, only wire to change was the CEL
Old 12-09-05, 07:41 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
wow that sounds really complicated?!??!1 Mine plugged right in and worked, only wire to change was the CEL

yes.... it sorta is...u keep telling me its soo simple.. well guess what.. its not..i was unfortunate to get an engine that i suppose is newer..

anyone know how to read the vin so i can understand what year my engine is?

thanks
Old 12-09-05, 11:11 PM
blksc300mt
Driver

ok, sooo....i used 16 or 18 gauge wire for the alternator wires, and to extend most of the harness plugs...dosent make much of a difference, but dosent hurt to use heavier gauge wire.

as for the grey connector pin 13....thats right...i forgot theres no numbers on it. so...if youre looking at the male plug...its got two rows of pins, and if youre looking at it as fi it plugs into your face, its the 6th pin from the left...the numbers start at the top left and work their way over.

ehh..u know what...heres a picture...cf1 is where the wire is going. cf2 is the other grey connector.

oh yea and the body plug....ok so im pretty sure the black/blue wires...theres two of em....they go to nothing...just leave em there, and the black one goes to the black one on the plug on your car. i still havent had a chance to look at mine to be sure tho...sorry...ive been working crazy hours.
Attached Thumbnails 1JZ Is In!.... But have some questions..-untitled-1.jpg  
Old 12-09-05, 11:20 PM
blksc300mt
Driver

im gonna try to take a picture of my body plug tomorrow!
Old 12-09-05, 11:22 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blksc300mt
ok, sooo....i used 16 or 18 gauge wire for the alternator wires, and to extend most of the harness plugs...dosent make much of a difference, but dosent hurt to use heavier gauge wire.

as for the grey connector pin 13....thats right...i forgot theres no numbers on it. so...if youre looking at the male plug...its got two rows of pins, and if youre looking at it as fi it plugs into your face, its the 6th pin from the left...the numbers start at the top left and work their way over.

ehh..u know what...heres a picture...cf1 is where the wire is going. cf2 is the other grey connector.

oh yea and the body plug....ok so im pretty sure the black/blue wires...theres two of em....they go to nothing...just leave em there, and the black one goes to the black one on the plug on your car. i still havent had a chance to look at mine to be sure tho...sorry...ive been working crazy hours.

awesome dude... this diagram helps alot with findin that pin.. yeah... the last question of mine would be those black wires.. if i should connect them to that body plugs (the ones that come off the harness)

ill take some pics 2morrow sometime to give everyone a better idea..

we finished on pin 9 but got confused as hell on pin 13.. this helps a ton..

thanks agian and iam waiting for those pics when u get a chance..
Old 12-09-05, 11:34 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

oh just outta curiosity. how the hell did u figure all this out?

no one else knows about it and its a godsend that u know.

this is some real good info for people who wanna do the 1jz swap.

Quick Reply: 1JZ Is In!.... But have some questions..