Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ Is In!.... But have some questions..

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-05, 04:19 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok heres another update..

first of i will show u where we attached pin 9 to that orange plug..

which is this picture
Attached Thumbnails 1JZ Is In!.... But have some questions..-dsc00059-medium-.jpg  
Old 12-10-05, 04:20 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

another of the pin 9 we connected.
Attached Thumbnails 1JZ Is In!.... But have some questions..-dsc00060-medium-.jpg  
Old 12-10-05, 04:22 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

here is the connecter where i was told to run the tan wire from the alternator to.(i know its white just didnt feel like getting tan)
Attached Thumbnails 1JZ Is In!.... But have some questions..-dsc00062-medium-.jpg  
Old 12-10-05, 04:26 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

ok now do you notice the Red/Black wire and the solid Black wire?

those wires come off my plug that i got off my old engine set. The 1jz harness plug that doesnt match the body plug has the Red/Black and Solid black wire also. i was wondering do i need to connect them to complete the cirucit? as far as i know i understood only to connect the tan wire from the alternator to the white wire u see in the picture. iam just trying to figure out if i need to connect the other 2 wires.

refer to pics for a better understanding..

the pic i attached to this post is the wires that come off the 1jz harness.
Attached Thumbnails 1JZ Is In!.... But have some questions..-dsc00064-medium-.jpg  
Old 12-10-05, 04:28 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

and this picture is my harness attached to the body plug as u can see.

i assume the blue/black wires dont do jack.. but the red/black and solid red should do something..

i know iam being repitiive but iam trying to make sure everyone understands.
Attached Thumbnails 1JZ Is In!.... But have some questions..-dsc00065-medium-.jpg  
Old 12-10-05, 04:29 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

here is a pic of the alternator with the plug and how i ran the wires.
Attached Thumbnails 1JZ Is In!.... But have some questions..-dsc00066-medium-.jpg  
Old 12-10-05, 04:30 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

here is the final pic i got.. jsut thought maybe someone wanted to see it.. its the koyo radiator i got mounted into place..

looks sweet eh? (not fully hooked up yet)

the last question i had was u speak of some ground wire behind the battery tray or something.. i have yet to find this. u state the car will continue to die if i dont attach/ground this.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails 1JZ Is In!.... But have some questions..-dsc00067-medium-.jpg  
Old 12-10-05, 10:24 PM
blksc300mt
Driver

yea man..so pin 9...looks right...thats for the dash idiot light.

where you ran the tan wire...is correct....now on that plug...the red/black and the black need to be run to the respective wires on the 1jz plug with 4 wires that dosent fit. match the black with the black and the red/black with the red/black. both blue/black wires arent used. at least...theyre not hooked up in my car and everything works fine.

what i did was...my motor came with both sides of that 4 pin plug...so i plugged the other end in, and then chopped off the 3 pin plug from my ge motor, and spliced the black and black/red wires from that into the wires from the 4 pin plug....leaving the blue/black wires going to nothing. this was temporary...when i get a chance i want to take the pins out of the 4 pin plug and just replace the plug with the 3 pin one that belongs on the car.

so yea that should be about it....except for the neutral safety switch...that was another pita...i had to start the car from under the hood for a day or so before i got this figured out. ill have to check my car to remember the exact pin i moved the wire to...i think it was a black/white wire tho..either black/white or just black.

and the ground...yea...if you look at the negative battery cable, and follow it from the battery towards the back of the car, youll see where the shielding is stripped, and its got a loop to connect to the frame rail. i forgot to put mine on and the first three times i took the car out it died a few blocks away and i had to push it back. it was wierd...everything electrical just died, and the motor just died out...but then intermittantly it would start again if i tried.

nice radiator ...i wanna get one of those soon.
Old 12-10-05, 10:32 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

Great.. I will hookup the Black/Red and Black wires and find that ground strap..iam anticipating on joining the 1jz club by the end of next week. hopefully if everythign goes smooth and my ic piping guy gets the piping done on time.
Old 09-12-06, 12:14 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

im hoping this forum answered all my wireing issues thanks to all you guys who went the extra mile to post the wireing issues with the swap
Old 08-24-09, 09:31 PM
dariussr20
Driver School Candidate

anybody got pics of how to wire the stock ac compressor and lines from my 92sc300 with the 1jz motor. i have the 1jz compressor on there now but the guy i bought the car from has the clutch of the compressor hardwired to a switch to turn it on. its ghetto and i would imagine dangerous. please help!!!!!!