Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz dyno runs

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-05, 09:02 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz dyno runs

just trying to find more info for those looking for dynos of 1jz's
http://www.thesoarer.com/Default.aspx?tabid=504
these dynos are in kW not HP.
this is a good link with realistic info and a good resorce for those looking to modify their 1jz.
also i hope that CL can start put together threads with just as much detail, so that other forums will say that we are the best sorce for info like we often say about SF.
I know when i get my 1jz this summer i will try to post as much as posible just like chino(thank you man) and other.

Last edited by ATL-SC; 12-04-05 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-03-05, 11:50 PM
shombre
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the kind words, mate - I've passed them on to the site operator. He is a good friend of mine, and one of the most knowledgeable Soarer owners locally whom I have the priviledge of knowing. That site is, as you correctly put it, an information-rich, BS-poor source of modifications to the 1JZ.

Conversion from kW to hp is multiply by 1.33. Note that our figures in Australia are Dyno Dynamics figures, and your figures across the pond tend to read at least 50hp higher than ours (upto 150hp higher at serious power levels according to t04r.com).

And his car is sweeet to drive

Wow, I didn't realise I'd lurked here for so long - first post though
Old 12-04-05, 08:49 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shombre
Thanks for the kind words, mate - I've passed them on to the site operator. He is a good friend of mine, and one of the most knowledgeable Soarer owners locally whom I have the priviledge of knowing. That site is, as you correctly put it, an information-rich, BS-poor source of modifications to the 1JZ.

Conversion from kW to hp is multiply by 1.33. Note that our figures in Australia are Dyno Dynamics figures, and your figures across the pond tend to read at least 50hp higher than ours (upto 150hp higher at serious power levels according to t04r.com).

And his car is sweeet to drive

Wow, I didn't realise I'd lurked here for so long - first post though
whew, i was scared for a minute.

i tried finding out more about the difference in dyno and came up with this:
http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0306tur_dynodash/
kinda interesting.

but i am still curious, is it just mainly altitude that affects the headings in Australia?
Old 12-04-05, 09:47 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shombre
Conversion from kW to hp is multiply by 1.33. Note that our figures in Australia are Dyno Dynamics figures, and your figures across the pond tend to read at least 50hp higher than ours (upto 150hp higher at serious power levels according to t04r.com).:
hey thats good to know because i thought the 1.33 or 1.34 depending on the source, was all you had to convert. i do spend alot of time on T04r.com and im suprised i missed that article. Thanks for the info and from now on i know that the difference in dynos can be more that 10hp. but i do have one last question for you are the dyno dynamics #'s SAE regulated, because i don't see how they could be. Or are all australian dynos giving out lower #'s? thanks