Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Having boost issues with my 1JZ SC300.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-05, 06:13 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We checked the "hot side" intercooler piping tonight. I put my hand over it, revved the engine, the pressure is there. The turbos are making pressure, but we aren't getting it all the way to the intake. What's the deal with the injectors?
Old 12-28-05, 08:06 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

I was looking on a soarer forum and found a post where a guy was making no boost and having a rough idle, same problem as me. He tried everything as I'm doing with no fix. He suspected his exhaust was being restrictive... so he dropped the exhaust after the downpipe and had boost. His cats ended up being clogged. I know for a fact mine are clogged also.
Old 12-28-05, 08:15 PM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope that solves the problem.
Old 12-29-05, 08:29 AM
AURELIOMK3
Pole Position

any updates about the issue hope you get it solved good luck
Old 12-29-05, 09:27 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AURELIOMK3
any updates about the issue hope you get it solved good luck
We are going to play around with it today after work. We have to reinstall the intercooler, tighten everything down, and then drop the exhaust system. Hope this works!
Old 12-29-05, 11:37 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

The exhaust wasen't the problem. We are now suspecting the blow off valve. If the unit is staying open or is leaking would this cause a boost leak?
Old 12-29-05, 11:55 AM
AURELIOMK3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
The exhaust wasen't the problem. We are now suspecting the blow off valve. If the unit is staying open or is leaking would this cause a boost leak?

chris that happen to my supra once and i could not find the problem and what it was i did not have the vacumm line connected to the wasgate so it was not reading so check the wasgate but it can also be a crack in one of the intercooler pipes that you can't see and what happens is once the pipes gets boost it will expand and leak boost in the crack that happend to me and another one is if the little metal arm thats comes out of the wasgate is not connected to a liitle hook that can do it also. that also happen to me where the are arm came off the little hook and had no boost so those are the only three things i can think of hope thats helps good luck
Old 12-29-05, 12:17 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

chris that happen to my supra once and i could not find the problem and what it was i did not have the vacumm line connected to the wasgate so it was not reading so check the wasgate but it can also be a crack in one of the intercooler pipes that you can't see and what happens is once the pipes gets boost it will expand and leak boost in the crack that happend to me and another one is if the little metal arm thats comes out of the wasgate is not connected to a liitle hook that can do it also. that also happen to me where the are arm came off the little hook and had no boost so those are the only three things i can think of hope thats helps good luck
Are you talking about the wastegate actuator?
Old 12-29-05, 12:25 PM
AURELIOMK3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by codetoad
Are you talking about the wastegate actuator?

yes thats correct not sure if the 1jz wasgtate similar to the 7mgte wasgate or actuatorbut i'll look at my 1jz motor when i get home after work
Old 12-29-05, 12:40 PM
Kaiser
Racer

Has a leak down test been done?
Old 12-29-05, 01:38 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Holy... that was the longest run on sentence I've ever read in my life.

Anyways, duckz said that there is pressure at the throttle, but if there is an air leak then that wouldnt be the case.
Old 12-29-05, 02:00 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Guys bad news. Friend inspected the turbos some today and said they may be blown. He mentioned though that there isn't much shaft play. The 1st turbo doesn't seem to be spinning and the 2nd turbo is making a little whine.
Old 12-29-05, 02:39 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Sheeeeeet! Thats sucks man. I hope he is wrong actually...
Old 12-29-05, 03:22 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

I'm really unsure as to what to look for. We are running out of suspects as to what the problem may be..... I guess I'm looking for a set of stock twins.
Old 12-29-05, 04:11 PM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

saw a set on ebay. Sorry to hear about that. Hope that won't be the case with mine.

Quick Reply: Having boost issues with my 1JZ SC300.