Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aem Ems Users!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-06, 07:02 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aem Ems Users!

Ever since my turbo install which has been a while. I have had trouble with my MAP sensor wire! During the install i lost the pins that came with the ems system so we just stuck the wire into where the male pin sticks out.

I even tried ordering another one from AEM and the one i recieved didn't fit. I even tried getting pins that looked like they would fit and did everything i could with it, but that didn't work. i'm kind of stumped now.

What did you AEM users do with yours? did aem just accidentally send me the wrong pin?

any input is welcome.
Old 01-07-06, 09:10 AM
JoshFSM
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those pins are the most pain in the **** thing to put in ever. Honestly, I got tired of messing with it and just jammed the wire in there. But for customer cars, I hafta use the pin and it just takes alot of fooling around with it to get it locked into place.
Old 01-07-06, 12:24 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoshFSM
Those pins are the most pain in the **** thing to put in ever. Honestly, I got tired of messing with it and just jammed the wire in there. But for customer cars, I hafta use the pin and it just takes alot of fooling around with it to get it locked into place.
thanks for the input.

yeah, i'm just jamming the MAP wire into the harness right now, but the problem is it becomes loose after a day or two.

I guess i'll have to try to order another pin from AEM and try again.
Old 02-10-06, 12:20 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck.
It took me a few weeks to get mine.
You would think that they should be readily available.

Blah.

The problem with getting those stupid things to work is that when you fold over the flaps over your wire, it distorts the whole pin, and the thing doesn't want to fit.
I just vut the flaps straight off and used a tiny bit of solder to get the wire to stick to the pin, then I slid it right in and it locked.

Good luck man.

~Alan