Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Cant Start SC with clutch!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-06, 07:54 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayzsun
what year is your car and what year did your manual trans come out of?
My car is a 93. The M/T came out of a 96 Supra.
Old 01-25-06, 09:35 PM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the starter hooked up correctly? If so, its probably the wiring to the ecu that says the clutch is in.
Old 01-25-06, 09:41 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 95 Integra
Is the starter hooked up correctly? If so, its probably the wiring to the ecu that says the clutch is in.
It should be. My friend brought in his transmission expert to help me out and he hooked it up. What wiring to the ECU that says the clutch is in?? I dont quite understand that part.
Old 01-30-06, 08:24 PM
SC3002JZ-T
Rookie

So....did you ever get your car started?? If so what wires did you have to jump or connect....I'm on the sameboat....Any help would be appreciated...Thanks
Old 01-30-06, 10:01 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC3002JZ-T
So....did you ever get your car started?? If so what wires did you have to jump or connect....I'm on the sameboat....Any help would be appreciated...Thanks
I never had a starting problem with my car. I just wanted to know if anyone who had done the swap knew about using the clutch to start the car. But yeah..to get it started for now I just wired it up to a Push Start button which I dont really like using because I think its a bit too ricey. But yeah. If you go underneath your car you'll notice that after the swap there was like maybe 1 or 2 plugs that were left unplugged.

What you do is you look for the big one that is not plugged in. You turn the key to the "ON" position just so there is power running to the car. You then get a power tester and start testing for power on that plug. You poke each hole on the plug. If your tester lights up then you have power! There is supposed to be two holes that are supposed to be making your tester light up. What I did was I spliced wires with another wire running to the center console up onto the push start button. You do that to both of the wires on the plug that made your tester light turn on. When tapping those two wires together while having your car key in the "ON" position you will be able to get it started with no problem. Goodluck . I just hope someone has an alternative to this.

I really really realllyyyy want to use the clutch to start my car!
Old 01-30-06, 11:10 PM
prjctSC300
Lead Lap

cant you just wire the clutch switch wires to the wires your jumping??
Old 01-31-06, 03:26 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by prjctSC300
cant you just wire the clutch switch wires to the wires your jumping??
No. The wires I am jumping trigger the starter for some reason (this harness plug came off the AUTO TRANNY). If I were to connect those wires to the switch that goes underneath the clutch pedal then we would have serious problems with the starter. You see, everytime the switch is pressed the starter is triggered to start. So, if I were to put that switch underneath the clutch pedal that means everytime I hit the clutch to switch gears then the starter would go on and the car and starter will die. Im trying to avoid this problem by trying to figure out the right way to do this.

I know there has to be tons of successful 5speed conversions on the SC from members of this forum. If any of you are reading this please help me out. Ive been stuck for a good while now.
Old 01-31-06, 03:35 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

where is your push button start located?
Old 01-31-06, 04:27 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Its coming out of the center console. Its just dangling there near the shifter. I dont quite like push starts though.
Old 02-04-06, 12:41 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Question

Just a little update..
I completely took off all of the panels and stuff that are located underneath the steering wheel. All the wiring and pedals were exposed. Someone had suggested that I check up the MKIV.com site again. They say the plug for the clutch sensor is located right near the clutch area. I took my time searching for it today and no luck. Is there a way where I can just rigg it to the harness somehow? 5speed conversion guys can you help me out?
Old 11-23-06, 05:02 PM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Just a little update..
I completely took off all of the panels and stuff that are located underneath the steering wheel. All the wiring and pedals were exposed. Someone had suggested that I check up the MKIV.com site again. They say the plug for the clutch sensor is located right near the clutch area. I took my time searching for it today and no luck. Is there a way where I can just rigg it to the harness somehow? 5speed conversion guys can you help me out?
So did you ever figure out how to start the car wiht your clutch? Im im the middle of the same swap and am wondering what to plug into the two sensors, and if hte car will start.