Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2004 Holden Monaro CV8 vs Soarer TT vs Soarer V8

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-06, 01:35 PM
Exive
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Project300
(size and color filtered for courtesy, much better)

Again, torque (ft/lbs) is what accelerates a car. I don't care about HP cuz it only applies if you drive a truck for hauling a load.

I don't know what a REX is (does anybody?) but I'm sure it is faster than a SC if it can outrun a Monaro.

The Monaro is built by GM and has the same engine as the Corvette . Corvettes and Monaros and GTOs will run faster than a stock SC300. Nuf said.

I was just learnin how to use some basic font size or whatever, I didnt mean to offend anyone.Rex=WRX=Subaru=2l Turbo=I hope you know it now.

Have you tried SC with a WRX,if not than try it. Also let a WRX vs Monaro than u'll know what I mean.

Never mind a GM or Corvettes engine are same as Monaros....A better car can outrun anything.This is a fact and we all know but if you dont understand than I cant say much about you guys....sorry.

Pliz dnt get offened so quickly.
Old 02-24-06, 02:50 PM
SC400-V8
Racer

Originally Posted by Exive
I was just learnin how to use some basic font size or whatever, I didnt mean to offend anyone.Rex=WRX=Subaru=2l Turbo=I hope you know it now.

Have you tried SC with a WRX,if not than try it. Also let a WRX vs Monaro than u'll know what I mean.

Never mind a GM or Corvettes engine are same as Monaros....A better car can outrun anything.This is a fact and we all know but if you dont understand than I cant say much about you guys....sorry.

Around here and in CT, some of my freinds use "REX" as the pet name for their honda CRX. However, getting them to put down 270 hp is very difficult indeed.

Some guys HAVE swapped integra motors into their CRX to make it incredibly quick.
Old 02-24-06, 03:20 PM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mkorsu
What he said.
(actually it's more like the GTO is basically a Holden Monaro since that's the base for the GTO)

But I digress. You Soarer however can be made into a much more powerful car than the Monaro. Your TT is roughly on par with the 400 stock for stock. With mods, which are much cheaper for the 300 than the 400, you can get to the 400+ hp range relatively inexpensively.

no...
Old 02-24-06, 03:23 PM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Exive

since you meant the WRX
they have AWD - maybe with some decent DR it would be an even launch - but above 50 mph I will rape WRXs all day long.
Old 02-25-06, 03:26 AM
Exive
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SC400-V8
Around here and in CT, some of my freinds use "REX" as the pet name for their honda CRX. However, getting them to put down 270 hp is very difficult indeed..

I am not sayin REX=honda or whatever your friends use for.......I mean REX for Subaru.Ask any Aussie and they will surely tell u whats REX means...from my knowledge REX is meant WRX and most of the people know this but in other cases, some people are bit late in these terms.
Old 02-25-06, 03:31 AM
Exive
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Goldark
since you meant the WRX
they have AWD - maybe with some decent DR it would be an even launch - but above 50 mph I will rape WRXs all day long.
Thats exactly what I mean, we let WRX's vanish in our thick black tire ruubber smoke but it was tested sometimes last year that a WRX can beat a Monaro by atleast 3car lenghts overall..When SC can beat WRX than why SC cant go head on head with Monaro?

In another SC forum,I have posted similar thread there but members reply sense but here cant say much about it.

Old 02-26-06, 12:36 AM
Project300
Driver

Ignorance rules this thread. I give up.
Old 02-26-06, 10:18 PM
slamdawg54
Rookie

The monaro (GTO) stock will beat a wrx stock, granted both drivers know how to race the car. the wrx vs TTsoarer, was already settled in above posts.

I've seen stock 1/4 mile times for the wrx range from 14.5-14.1.
where the 2004 monaro i believe runs a high/mid 13.
Old 02-27-06, 07:23 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ding, ding, ding, ding.............We have a winna!!!
Old 02-27-06, 11:08 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was reading this thread and thinking the same thing. Go ask some other Figians what they think, because we dont care.
Old 02-27-06, 11:14 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,338 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Originally Posted by mteele
I was reading this thread and thinking the same thing. Go ask some other Figians what they think, because we dont care.
Are you speaking for everyone on the forum? I don't think so... very rude way to treat a new member.

Guys if you don't offer an opinion or construcive critism then consider leaving that button alone.
Old 02-27-06, 11:29 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

You asked:
I wanted to knw which stock car is the fastest in 1/4mile and overall position

Members answered that the Monaro will win, but you want to disagree. You don't ask a question then disagree with their answers. If you don't believe that the Monaro will beat your stock Soarer, WHY ask the question?

Go drive around Figi and find one to race and get your answer there, don't ask on a forum.

Peter